I will start off by saying that I've changed out the chrome bezel a while back for a new one and didn't bother to reconnect the top buttons (lock and mute) because they are hard to press, and I never use either of those. Ever since I've had my 1st blackberry, the left side convience key has ALWAYS been set as my lock button.

So now that I have the new Sprint official OS 5.0, go figure, they removed KEYBOARD LOCK as one of the options to assign to the left key. Now wait a minute... you mean to tell me I can make that button do 1,23432,2323.45 things, but I no longer can make it lock my keyboard??

Can anybody tell me what they heck I can do to get my keyboard locking and unlocking again? Its kind of necessary on a phone where all of the buttons are exposed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by xsport00; 02-11-10 at 11:16 PM.
    02-11-10 11:11 PM
    If you press and hold the "A" key it will lock, I couldn't get mine to unlock in the same manner. Sorry if it isn't much help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:47 AM
    I noticed the same thing. I was so annoyed by the Voice dialer and then when I actually tired to assign it again and realized the option wasnt there, i was pissed.

I guess holding A is cool, but now what do I assign the left button for? I dont want it do to anything.
    02-12-10 03:28 AM
    You can assign it to do nothing.

Options>Screen/keyboard>left side convenience key>do nothing.
    02-13-10 07:19 PM
    You could take it apart and put the buttons on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD