06-12-09 07:51 PM
    This version of BBM will more then likely be on all new devices once 5.0 drops, at least I hope so.. Looks so nice and its time for RIMS flagship app to get an update.
    06-12-09 08:23 PM
    This version of BBM will more then likely be on all new devices once 5.0 drops, at least I hope so.. Looks so nice and its time for RIMS flagship app to get an update.
    When I Tweeted a month ago and said the new BBM was beautiful, obviously, I wasn't lying.
    Yes this is the new BBM for device software 5.0. Its still in beta, however, works pretty well. It will be ready when 5.0 is released to the masses.
    06-12-09 08:38 PM
    Awesome thanks for the info. I wasn't following you back then but definitely am. I'm really excited to see what else comes with 5.0.
    06-12-09 08:49 PM
    I gotta say this is a pretty nice BBM. I played around with it a little bit today, I really liked how you can add the message to the home screen. RIM really put their all in in to the Onyx and the new BBM.
    Last edited by ausch; 06-12-09 at 09:48 PM.
    06-12-09 09:09 PM
    I gotta say this is a pretty nice BBM. I played around with it a little bit today, I really liked how you can add the message to the home screen. RIM really put their all in in to the Onyx and the new BBM.
    You are one lucky person, my friend.
    06-12-09 10:32 PM
    You are one lucky person, my friend.
    Not that lucky, I got the bad OS that likes to reboot and reboot when I put a SIM in.
    06-12-09 10:55 PM
    Are you allowed to say what version you are using? Just curious.
    06-12-09 11:12 PM
    V0.9 is what I'm on right now.
    06-12-09 11:15 PM
    oh alright. interesting. Youre from michigan too? good stuff.
    06-12-09 11:19 PM
    oh alright. interesting. Youre from michigan too? good stuff.
    Ehh, the font size changes it a little bit, but I don't think you would want your font on a size 5, but it's still pretty big IMO. And yup Michigan too, wanna get away though.
    06-12-09 11:20 PM
    why is the bezel chrome and not the black color we saw?
    06-13-09 09:28 AM
    why is the bezel chrome and not the black color we saw?
    Wow, nice catch. I didn't even realize it when I first saw the pics. Now it is starting to look a little too much like the tour. I prefer the all black look.
    06-13-09 03:17 PM
    lmao was i the only one
    06-13-09 05:43 PM
    Is it just me or doesn't anyone else thing the Onyx is way too boxy?
    06-13-09 05:51 PM
    Is it just me or doesn't anyone else thing the Onyx is way too boxy?
    Lol, it's just you. Sorry. no really, the Onyx basically has the same shell as an 8900. Not exact, but very similar. And as I've said, the beveled edges look amazing in person. This device is basically a Bold, but faster, in an 8900's shell. When it hits the market it will surely be RIM's best device out.
    06-13-09 06:06 PM
    crucial whats with the different bezels?
    first black
    now chrome
    06-13-09 06:17 PM
    crucial whats with the different bezels?
    first black
    now chrome
    Mine has a black bezel.
    06-13-09 11:21 PM
    Does anybody know if the onyx is going to have the keys separated on the keypad as in the pics with the black bezel? I'm a big guy with big fingers and the last keypad which was comfortable for me to use was the 7290. The 8700c as livable and the curve (8300) is barely tolerable. I'm really hoping the onyx is the size of the Bold with the keys separated like the pics with the black bezel show (as they were on the 7290).
    06-14-09 12:45 AM
    Anyone shed some light on "Recent SMS Contacts"? Threaded SMS?
    06-14-09 01:00 AM
    Does anybody know if the onyx is going to have the keys separated on the keypad as in the pics with the black bezel? I'm a big guy with big fingers and the last keypad which was comfortable for me to use was the 7290. The 8700c as livable and the curve (8300) is barely tolerable. I'm really hoping the onyx is the size of the Bold with the keys separated like the pics with the black bezel show (as they were on the 7290).
    The keys on the Onyx IMO are really close. The Curve was a good device to type on for me, and this keyboard felt very close together. But when you typed it was very nice, just too close.
    06-14-09 09:48 AM
    The keys on the Onyx IMO are really close. The Curve was a good device to type on for me, and this keyboard felt very close together. But when you typed it was very nice, just too close.
    You get to play with all the fun toys. I wanna join your club. LOL

Seriously. I must be a great phone from all I hear aroung CB. Only a few more days and I get to play with the Tour but this phone looks just SMOKING. Sleak lines and fast.

Guess I'll have to wait a while and upgrade again if this gets offered in CDMA.
    06-14-09 03:00 PM
    You get to play with all the fun toys. I wanna join your club. LOL

Seriously. I must be a great phone from all I hear aroung CB. Only a few more days and I get to play with the Tour but this phone looks just SMOKING. Sleak lines and fast.

Guess I'll have to wait a while and upgrade again if this gets offered in CDMA.
    Lol, just sometimes. Sometimes I just seen the fun toys.

But this phone is a very sick device. The looks of it is very nice, I just don't like the keyboard. Too pushed together IMO. But other than that, the size and feel is just amazing!

And I'm pretty sure there is a CDMA variant of this device.
    06-14-09 03:02 PM
    Lol, just sometimes. Sometimes I just seen the fun toys.

But this phone is a very sick device. The looks of it is very nice, I just don't like the keyboard. Too pushed together IMO. But other than that, the size and feel is just amazing!

And I'm pretty sure there is a CDMA variant of this device.
    Make me drool even more. I'm gonna have a small fortune invested in BB real fast it seems LOL

btw....hows the keyboard in comparison to the Tour. They seem the same outside of the bottom row.
    06-14-09 03:17 PM
    Well I had the chance to compare the curve 8900's Keyboard vs. the Bold's.
    And it looks like the Onyx Keyboard is just a smaller version of the Bold's.

Fabulous
    06-14-09 03:34 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD