When will the new OS 6 come out? What month?
    05-02-10 08:07 PM
    RIM is projecting next quater, which would be July, Aug, Sept. They have not said a month.

I'm going to move this thread to OS Discussion.
    05-02-10 09:18 PM
    Since our dear PK has answered this thread with one post, I'm somewhat hijacking it so as not to create another thread. Once released, what will OS6 bring to the table that 5 can not. I know its faster, prettier, etc. But what can it do that 5 cannot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 05:12 PM
    The Os6 has capabilities of making you any milkshake you can think of...as long as you have a model with an accelarometer.
    05-08-10 06:55 PM
    i hope i can use it on my 8900
    05-09-10 01:05 AM
    You and me both Clutch. But I am up for renewal in Nov.

05-09-10 01:43 AM
    I've heard it would support multitouch capabilities throughout the OS, a new WebKit browser and a customizable home screen.

Hopefully we will be able to upgrade our Storms to the 6.0... else i'm getting a Storm3

Regards,
    D.
    05-13-10 02:28 AM
    Which phones out now are going to be able to run 6.0.
    Let's hope both storm can run it .
    And let's hope there's another storm coming out I hear the storm 2 is goingto come out on Tmobile USA (rumors) .

05-14-10 12:08 AM
    When is storm 3 coming out ? Is not a storm without shurepress

05-14-10 12:11 AM
    the S3,,i heard its coming in 3rd Q....or 4th
    05-14-10 01:04 AM
    I've heard it would support multitouch capabilities throughout the OS, a new WebKit browser and a customizable home screen.

Hopefully we will be able to upgrade our Storms to the 6.0... else i'm getting a Storm3

Regards,
    D.
    Is there really a storm 3 coming out?

07-11-10 12:38 PM
    OS 6 only for storm users? Can my 9700 upgraded from os 5 to os 6?

07-11-10 07:44 PM
    Storms the only way to go. Lol

07-11-10 07:49 PM
    The Os6 has capabilities of making you any milkshake you can think of...as long as you have a model with an accelarometer.
    That would be awesome, my phone doesn't have an accelerometer,
    07-11-10 11:38 PM
    The Storm series weakness has always been processor power. The strength of blackberries is speed. Speed at emailn and PIM functions. As well as the keyboard. The storm series has none of these and merely became a black eye to RIM's rep.

They can solve this simply. Put a fast processor and lots of RAM in the thing. They can even keep sure press. As long as it is fast which it is not. Not by a long shot.

07-12-10 02:28 PM
    The very short answer to this is not soon enough :P
    07-21-10 03:45 PM
    So will the 9700 be able to handle 6?

07-22-10 07:05 AM
    Not good news....

Rumour out there has it that OS6 will be out Q3 this year and will be launched on the Bold 9800. Also strongly rumoured is that OS6 will need 512MB RAM; a new 9700a is to be launched apparently with that amount of RAM; implying that existing 9700 models will not get OS6.

There was a report; unconfirmed; that Verizon in the US abandoned testing OS6 on the Storm 2 due to poor performance with the amount of RAM. A new Storm 2+ is thought to be on the cards with 512MB RAM & OS6.

We will have to wait & see, but it looks like RAM issues = no OS6 for non 512MB devices....
    07-24-10 10:04 AM
    Sticky (top of forum) http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/ says this is where OS 6 discussions live lol

08-04-10 09:23 AM
    The Storm series weakness has always been processor power. The strength of blackberries is speed. Speed at emailn and PIM functions. As well as the keyboard. The storm series has none of these and merely became a black eye to RIM's rep.

They can solve this simply. Put a fast processor and lots of RAM in the thing. They can even keep sure press. As long as it is fast which it is not. Not by a long shot.

i think the surepress was the storm's weakness above all. it's not compatible with OS6. if it didn't have Surepress, how easy it would be for the storm to be Torch without the slide out keyboard.
    08-06-10 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD