I have a quick question and i couldn't find an answer in the 101 tutorial on OS upgrades. My new 9650 was connected to the enterprise server yesterday but i saw VZW has a new upgrade to be available OTA i might install, plus i definitely want to load BB6 when they offer it for the 9650.

My question is with the OTA upgrade, will i lose the BES hookup with the new OS? will i have to call IT and have them resend my password and run the activation all over again or will it be good to go on its own?
    Last edited by xlover; 06-11-10 at 11:27 AM.
    06-11-10 10:22 AM
    It should reactivate on its own, you won't need to do anything. I recently even installed a leak and it automatically reactivated, which was a nice surprise.
    06-11-10 12:25 PM
    Depends on BES setup as I have to do enterprise activation when we upgrade.
    06-12-10 01:05 PM
    Don't count on an "automatic" reactivation to BES. It works for some, and not for others. I've done several upgrades and have had to reset the Enterprise Activation each time on the BES server. Just be prepared to explain why you upgraded your device without permission if your company is like that.
    06-16-10 04:14 PM
    If you upgrade using DM from a PC on your work network, it will usually reactivate when done with the upgrade.
    06-16-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD