Late edit: I've also spruced up the BlackBerry OS Downloads page, let me know what y'all think
    Since you asked, it's a great site and bbhtool is my preferred blackberry utility. You should add the p'9981 themes as well. Thanks for the contribution.
    lyricidal likes this.
    05-26-12 11:38 AM
    Where are these leaks? 9860 owners have been on .402 for a while and it sucks
    05-29-12 03:23 AM
    Any update on this? ALKi3, where are you ?
    Legal Eagle and bimmerdriver like this.
    06-04-12 10:24 AM
    Yes update! Is this a sign of overyone abandoning Blackberry? So different than a year ago...
    06-10-12 11:37 PM
    Yes update! Is this a sign of overyone abandoning Blackberry? So different than a year ago...
    It's positively no different than even 4 years ago. There's a leak, and a few weeks later there's a post, "Where's the leaks?!?!?!?!?".

It's a sign we have lots of members, some of whom have short memories and little patience. Nothing more
    06-11-12 06:21 AM
    What people need to understand is they leaks are not released by RIM engineers (who are always up to date obviously), it's not until they are ready to release a public update that us other leakers can then leak. It can take 2-4 Months per update cycle, it's just the way it works.

The general user really doesn't understand how much time, effort, code, reviewing, testing goes on in the back end before it can even be released not by the engineer's but by management.
    06-13-12 07:22 AM
    What people need to understand is they leaks are not released by RIM engineers (who are always up to date obviously), it's not until they are ready to release a public update that us other leakers can then leak. It can take 2-4 Months per update cycle, it's just the way it works.

The general user really doesn't understand how much time, effort, code, reviewing, testing goes on in the back end before it can even be released not by the engineer's but by management.
    Yeah, it's obvious it isn't the engineers that leak OS builds, the question is how do "other leakers" get their hands on builds then? Perhaps people don't know because "other leakers" don't really explain how it all goes down, but that's fine.
    So the user "Speedy" on blackberrybase ( BlackBerry OS 7 erh�lt wichtige Sicherheitszertifizierung - News Archiv - BlackBerryBase.net - Euer BlackBerry Community Forum ) isn't really running 7.1.0.522 right now? Why would people just put that up for the show, that's another question lol.
    06-13-12 07:38 AM
    Google company partners. They release beta versions of software to allow testing to make sure builds are fully functional before releasing to general public. It's employee's of "trusted" partner companies that leak them.
    06-14-12 10:32 AM
    It's positively no different than even 4 years ago. There's a leak, and a few weeks later there's a post, "Where's the leaks?!?!?!?!?".

It's a sign we have lots of members, some of whom have short memories and little patience. Nothing more
    LOL, never-ending battle, my friend.
    06-14-12 11:13 AM
    i would agree, where is the next leak? it will be here soon enough.

i think the exciting part of leaks is wondering whats the next new thing to be released in an OS.

i doubt there is much more for the 0s 7 devices but the anticipation is always fun..
    06-14-12 11:40 AM
    It's always fun trying a new OS and experimenting with it trying to find new or old bugs plus some new functionality.

I use my BB to work but I always dive to a new leak when it comes! Except once with my old Bold 9000 (when I forgot to make a backup and in the update processo bricked my phone and lost all data!) I have always ended up making the new leak work!!

So, when are we getting a new leak?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 11:57 AM

My point exactly, RIM does not have ther resources it used to focused on java. Code writing... OS7 is a thing of the past for RIM, no matter how much effort they put in it, it's not going to make any incremental revenue... So all that laborious code writing process is just left to a few diehard engineers. That combined with less users out there (which you can't deny, half my BBM contacts are now people on Whatsapp due to switching) makes it easier for RIM not to develop fresher versions... Anyway, what do I know I'm just an end user with very high hopes.
    06-16-12 08:37 AM
    Maybe the rumoured App Management tool that is said to be included in new 7.1 releases is proving to be problematical and casuing a bottleneck in the OS leaks ???
    06-16-12 11:50 AM
    Maybe the rumoured App Management tool that is said to be included in new 7.1 releases is proving to be problematical and casuing a bottleneck in the OS leaks ???
    I really doubt it lol. There are just less os leakers than before.
    06-16-12 12:17 PM
    I really doubt it lol. There are just less os leakers than before.
    Just clutching at straws, I've got so used to installing a new OS every couple of weeks or so that this drought is really getting to me !!!
    06-16-12 12:21 PM
    Just clutching at straws, I've got so used to installing a new OS every couple of weeks or so that this drought is really getting to me !!!
    Same here ! The spotted OS' are actually pretty far off from what is currently available
    06-16-12 02:22 PM
    Jeez, just checked the date of the last leak (.402), 20th April, 2 months without a new leak is far too long !!!
    06-19-12 08:39 AM
    Guess it will take much longer now since they are letting java people go.
    06-19-12 08:44 AM
    Guess it will take much longer now since they are letting java people go.
    Yeh, OS 7 development will eventually grind to a halt, but it sounds as though there are some new OS's out there, they just aren't reaching the right people to leak them at the moment.

RIM has publicly commented about an OS7 with some sort of function to automatically close apps being developed.
    06-19-12 09:36 AM
    two months?? That�s why i�m getting stressed out!
    The pace of the leaks is now very slow...
    06-19-12 10:01 AM
    the last few ones were a disaster. I'm not surprised there are no new leaks. i'd rather have nothing then what we got. I'm still rocking .342 cause it's the last good one.
    Last edited by MaxPayne79; 06-19-12 at 01:32 PM.
    06-19-12 01:28 PM
    the last few ones were a disaster. I'm not surprised there are no new leaks. i'd rather have nothing then what we got. I'm still rocking .342 cause it's the last good one.
    Agreed that the last leak (.402) was not a good one but finding that out is half the fun.

Don't agree that .342 is the last decent OS though. .391 and .428 are both solid builds.
    06-19-12 02:27 PM
    I must say that .391 and .428 are both excellent releases.
    Taking into account that there are later versions "in the wild" my theory is that RIM has finally managed to control in a better way leaks that in most cases came via carrier testers. In most cases a leaked OS was afterwards released as official by some carriers.

Anyway I have to accept that not being able to test new versions is quite frustrating!

Anyway. in my old days with Windows Mobile we never got a leak! It has been since I have BB devices (aprox 5 years now) that I got used to this "leak histeria", and I enjoy it a lot!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-12 05:07 PM
    7.1.0.467 has been officially certified recently for many phones. We should be seeing that released soon, at least. Or even better .522
    06-19-12 06:03 PM
    7.1.0.467 has been officially certified recently for many phones. We should be seeing that released soon, at least. Or even better .522

Hoping that the 9360 don't get left out.

Sent from BlackBerry via Tapatalk
    06-19-12 10:39 PM
207 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD