something weird is happening on my BlackBerry 9800. i
    I have notification for two new emails, but when I browse me email, there are no unread. I have restarted my BlackBerry, but I still have the same issue.

I use gmail. There are no unread emails in my gmail account...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 09:13 AM
    click on the notification area. when it drops down, what do you see?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 09:18 AM
    thanks for the reply. i see nothing. a few calendar appointments that are coming up, and that is all....

04-03-12 07:39 PM
    Look in your Messages Application, not your mail inbox. You may have other notification from other apps.
    04-03-12 08:17 PM
    done. no new messages there either...

04-03-12 09:01 PM
    Any suggestion? where are two two unread messages that are showing up in the notification bar, but no where to find...

04-05-12 08:10 PM
    I had this issue (it wasn't an issue it was stupidity) I was notified I had an email and I looked at the messages app but nothing was there. You have to scroll down to the button and you'll see one of your emails e.g hotmail and thats where the notification is. You need to connect it to the main messages app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry forums app
    04-05-12 08:27 PM
    Have you tried just clicking on the date in the Messages and selecting "Mark Prior Read"
    04-05-12 08:30 PM
    I've had the same problem for days and finally solved it by removing the battery! I'd tried marking prior as read and had deleted ALL emails before resorting to taking the battery out. It's so frustrating to see an unread message indicated when there isn't really one at all.
    11-08-12 06:08 PM
    EDIT: Figured it out. My inbox is completely blank, but here is how I cleared the alert. I went to my email, then menu (BB button->Search by->Advanced) scroll down to where it says "sent and received" and change the dropdown choice to "unread only" and boom they popped back up and I was able to read them and clear the alert!

I had the same issue, its not in any other messages folder. The issue for me is sometimes when you select multiple messages and archive them with gmail, they disappear from your phone but the notification still stays up (i archived 3 emails, notification still says 2). its annoying and battery pulls do not solve it, I'm searching for a solution! I know it will go away in 30 days and sometimes it has spontaneously resolved for me in the past.
    Last edited by Supermanwoot; 04-25-13 at 07:55 PM.
    AkashRuhela likes this.
    04-25-13 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD