hey everyone. I have the Blackberry curve 8300. I'm completely new to using this and I love it so far. I recently upgraded the messenger, and honestly I dont like it.
    I was wondering if there was a way to possibly downgrade and go back to the previous messenger? I liked the old featurs for messenger like the alert, or people automatically go idle if they arnt answering people...because a lot of my friends have BB's and if they are in class and stuff I dont want to continue texting if they are idle...You can't tell if people are idle on the 5.0 and I just dont like that.

So I was just wondering if there is a way to downgrade and go back to the original messenger that came on my phone...If anyone replies can you please spell out abbreviations if your giving me directions because I'll have no idea what your talking about lol....thanks!!!
    12-15-09 01:42 AM
    What OS are you running? If you have 4.5, here is a link to 4.5 OTA download.

http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/bbm.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 02:10 AM
    By OS do u mean operating system on my computer? lol im sorry im soo new to this! and that link you posted, I download it and then what do i do?
    12-15-09 02:16 PM
    Type 'myver' and hit Spacebar in a reply and it does this 8330/4.5.0.175

That will tell me what Os is on your device now.

12-15-09 02:20 PM
    it says 8330/4.5.77
    12-15-09 02:21 PM
    And no worries about being new, we all started out that way!

12-15-09 02:23 PM
    lol well good and thanks for the help cuz i honestly have no idea what the **** im doing lmao....
    12-15-09 02:25 PM
    Ok, you can downgrade using the link I posted. You may need to readd your contacts manually if you don't have them backed up.

12-15-09 02:25 PM
    yeah i saved them all previously....i hope this works cuz i will <3 u
    12-15-09 02:30 PM
    Gotta thank pastor hudson for providing the Over The Air download for the 4.5 BBM. I've lost track of the folks that have been saved by it.

12-15-09 02:35 PM
    umm shout out to pastor hudson ...does the dl usually take long? my hour glass thing has been spinng for a good 5 min now
    12-15-09 02:36 PM
    Yeah, it takes a while, sometimes.

It is clearing out a much larger file.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-15-09 at 02:42 PM.
    12-15-09 02:39 PM
    thank you sooo much!!! it worked!!! and I didn't lose my contacts! you dunno how much i appreciate this!!!! thanks again
    12-15-09 02:48 PM
    thank you sooo much!!! it worked!!! and I didn't lose my contacts! you dunno how much i appreciate this!!!! thanks again
    You're most welcome. Always glad when I can help another member.

12-15-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD