Download now people
    12-22-09 03:55 PM
    12-22-09 03:58 PM
    How will I be able to download it? My internet on my Blackberry isn't working lol.
    12-22-09 04:29 PM
    Downloading now..
    12-22-09 04:33 PM
    How will I be able to download it? My internet on my Blackberry isn't working lol.
    um, wifi? thats how i got mine downloaded.
    12-22-09 04:53 PM
    Nevermind. It started working.
    12-22-09 05:03 PM
    um, wifi? thats how i got mine downloaded.
    See any significant difference? I eventually went back to 4.7 believe it or not. Found an OTA for 4.7 on OS5 at BBhybrids. I can't stand the picture sending on the BBM 5.0. even with the "preview," the pictures still come out small. I like a full screen preview! I hope they go back to doing it that way.
    12-22-09 05:06 PM
    Downloading now

edit: my wifi isnt working so i cant get it :-(

2nd edit: wifi finally kikd in, GOT IT! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Propa; 12-22-09 at 08:15 PM.
    12-22-09 05:13 PM
    I don't notice anything different on it yet. The Blackberry download page said it improves battery life. Hope so! VZW Tour 4.7.1.61.
    12-22-09 05:34 PM
    Downloaded fine but is taking a long time to install.
    12-22-09 05:43 PM
    See any significant difference? I eventually went back to 4.7 believe it or not. Found an OTA for 4.7 on OS5 at BBhybrids. I can't stand the picture sending on the BBM 5.0. even with the "preview," the pictures still come out small. I like a full screen preview! I hope they go back to doing it that way.

This usually happense when the user sends a small imagine. when you send imagines you can choose which size you want to send from small, medium, to large and original so the users sending you pics must be sending small imagines. i tested this out
    12-22-09 05:55 PM
    Took way long to install. Rebooted, bbm is missing. Re-downloaded, froze during install. Rebooted again, gonna try a 3rd download.
    12-22-09 06:02 PM
    Ok, rebooted and bbm is back but won't remotely restore my contacts so far. Weird.
    12-22-09 06:09 PM
    just downloaded the new version and LOST all my 192 contacts i had in the previous BBM. please make a back up!!! i hope i can remotely get all my contacts back. any suggestions?
    12-22-09 06:13 PM
    i am sooooooo pisssed at RIM........ they should have warned that we may lose all the contact....
    12-22-09 06:23 PM
    just downloaded the new version and LOST all my 192 contacts i had in the previous BBM. please make a back up!!! i hope i can remotely get all my contacts back. any suggestions?
    Same thing for me. I tried to remotely restore but it keeps telling me to try later.
    12-22-09 06:26 PM
    I'm going to try the download later when the outage isn't that widespread.

Just out of curiousity to those who have lost all their contact lists: Don't you back your lists up and/or perform backups of your devices periodically or on a regular basis?
    12-22-09 06:41 PM
    I see people saying remotely*remotely*remotely....
    ....does anyone believe in backing up to they memory card?
    12-22-09 06:44 PM
    I'm going to try the download later when the outage isn't that widespread.

Just out of curiousity to those who have lost all their contact lists: Don't you back your lists up and/or perform backups of your devices periodically or on a regular basis?
    I've always done a remote backup and never had a problem with it so we'll see what happens later. Maybe it'll get fixed up at some point.
    12-22-09 06:45 PM
    Backup up my contacts locally to the memory card so I was able to restore all my contacts. Some of the pics haven't come through yet on the new bbm, and the groups haven't been restored yet, but I guess after the outage that should all come back.
    12-22-09 06:47 PM
    I see people saying remotely*remotely*remotely....
    ....does anyone believe in backing up to they memory card?
    In the case of BBM, by backing up remotely, you have something stored elsewhere in case you lose your BlackBerry and/or memory card.

For those in larger organizations and/or who are a bit more paranoid about data loss, it's always wise to have remote backup of data. After 9/11, people became a bit more cautious in having data and backup in case something happens.
    12-22-09 06:49 PM

u went back to old boring bbm just cuz of file transfer?

lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------

side note people dont turn on autobackup?

whats the point of rim including bbm contact back up if u leave it off? auto back up is on for me and i never have to worry about losing my contacts
    12-22-09 06:51 PM
    side note people dont turn on autobackup?

whats the point of rim including bbm contact back up if u leave it off? auto back up is on for me and i never have to worry about losing my contacts
    My problem is that my backup isn't working.
    I'm getting the following message:

"Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes"

But it's been that way for quite a while now
    12-22-09 07:00 PM
    i get the same message. i do have a full backup, but it is not restoring the BBM PINS.

if it does not work, then i will have individually email every contact and tell them to erase my contact info and re-add the PIN.

lets see what happens when the outage ends.

"Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes"
    12-22-09 07:07 PM
    I think its not letting you'll remote backup because RIM's data servers are down.. Ive done a remote backup before and bmm has to interact with email.. since data isnt being transfered, u wont get your bmm confirmation
    12-22-09 07:13 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD