A new icon mysteriously appeared in one of my folders over the weekend. It's a BBM contact icon, complete with their picture and is fully functional as in the standard BBM. I see no options in the menu for this mystery feature. How do you think it got there. It was NOT put there by anyone handling my device. I have version 5.0.0.57. Ideas?
    07-19-10 11:04 AM
    A new icon mysteriously appeared in one of my folders over the weekend. It's a BBM contact icon, complete with their picture and is fully functional as in the standard BBM. I see no options in the menu for this mystery feature. How do you think it got there. It was NOT put there by anyone handling my device. I have version 5.0.0.57. Ideas?
    I think you accidedntally selected a contact and went to the menu and selected "Show on Homescreen" This option has been there for a while...
    07-19-10 11:11 AM
    I think you accidedntally selected a contact and went to the menu and selected "Show on Homescreen" This option has been there for a while...
    +1 I kind of hate that feature of BBM, but I suppose its nice if you need RAPID-FIRE contact with someone.
    07-19-10 11:23 AM
    I have my wife's BBM icon on my homescreen dock.
    07-19-10 11:40 AM
    Yeah, my husband is my only BBM contact. So it's useful for me. Thanks for your response all!
    Last edited by diffused; 07-19-10 at 12:09 PM.
    07-19-10 12:02 PM
    +1 I kind of hate that feature of BBM, but I suppose its nice if you need RAPID-FIRE contact with someone.
    why do you hate it? lol

I mean its not like its something you have to use...hate just seems so strong lol
    07-19-10 12:04 PM
    why do you hate it? I mean its not like its something you have to use...hate just seems so strong lol
    I suppose "hate" was strong. Sorry.
    Of course its not something I have to use, I don't. I simply don't see too terribly much advantage of it over having the entire BBM icon there or having BBM go into the messages folder and using that on the homescreen. That's all. I didn't know anyone actually used this feature at all.
    07-19-10 12:20 PM
    lol.............
    07-19-10 03:07 PM
    I don't keep the BBM icon on my homescreen at all, because I use the "N" hotkey for it. When I get a ping, if there's a star on her icon, I know it's her. If not, I know it's someone else. It's pretty handy.
    07-19-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD