I am having BBM issues. Messages wont send for a while and sometimes wont show as delivered. Is this a blackberry server issue or a bug with the new bbm? Can any one confirm same problems with older BBM version?

Thanks
    07-19-09 07:32 PM
    Yea it looks like a problem with the BBM 5.0 client itself. A few said it was a "server" issue but that can't be true. I removed it and installed the OEM 4.7 version and it worked just fine. It really upset me when I had friends saying "what are you talking about". They would get messages I sent hours ago. Go back to 4.7 and you'll be good. This beta client obviously has bugs that still need to be worked out.
    07-19-09 08:05 PM
    Yeah mine did that too so I put 4.5 back on.... Messaged would just show a check and not delivered or read
    07-19-09 08:29 PM
    I am having BBM issues. Messages wont send for a while and sometimes wont show as delivered. Is this a blackberry server issue or a bug with the new bbm? Can any one confirm same problems with older BBM version?

Thanks
    I'm having the same issues. But, for the most part it's ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 08:33 PM
    reverted back to 4.7, and yeah so much better. i cant see this being a server issue
    07-19-09 08:35 PM
    Where do I get v4.7?

07-19-09 08:38 PM
    I downloaded the OS I want (.151 for storm, you would download 4.7.1.40), Delete all OS's on your computer, backup your phone, Wipe with JL_CMDR, and then reload OS/restore info and you should be good
    07-19-09 08:42 PM
    I actually did hear it was a server issue. Should be working correctly, now.
    07-19-09 08:42 PM
    I actually did hear it was a server issue. Should be working correctly, now.
    People are still having issues.... waiting on the next one I think... may try again in a couple days just to see if its better (just in case it is the servers)
    07-19-09 08:43 PM
    can any one else confirm server issues? It was happening with my sisters Storm last night (saturday night) and this morning with the new bbm also both of us are on Verizon
    07-19-09 08:53 PM
    CX Tweeted it wasnt an issue with the bbm software, but a separate issue. I think people just automatically assumed server issues.
    07-19-09 08:55 PM
    I installed BBM 5.0 yesterday on my Tour and my co-worker installed it on his Storm. We both had issues yesterday around the same time. We were also showing no 3G for about 30 min. Once that cleared up the software kept deleting contacts. It eventually cleared up hrs later and have had no issues since.
    07-19-09 08:59 PM
    I just decided to try it again so i did, guess what? I am still experiencing delays. I had the 4.7 version just before and messages were being sent and delivered instantly. I truly think there is a bug in BBM 5.0

07-19-09 09:10 PM
    I switched back to and it seems fine now.. I really dont knoww ahh
    07-19-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD