CallerInfo requires OS5.0.323 and higher

Currently this program is not available.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 11-09-09 at 09:24 PM.
    10-27-09 01:36 PM
    Why does the CrackBerry store not add this to my cart when I click on it? I can add other products in the store.
    10-27-09 01:46 PM
    Using a 9530 with the VZW .328 build, downloaded the trial. Doesn't seem to be working. The app says I still have 50 free calls. No city data displays when I receive a call. Trying a battery pull.

EDIT: Battery pull fixed it.

Interesting. The CityID app (that was in the 323 build I downloaded, though it was instantly expired and didn't work) that will allegedly be available.. That one I assume is going to be a subscription revenue generator. This at a flat fee is a great alternative!
    Last edited by ArizonaGuy; 10-27-09 at 02:00 PM.
    10-27-09 01:53 PM
    Why does the CrackBerry store not add this to my cart when I click on it? I can add other products in the store.
    good question. maybe CB app store hasnt refreshed its database yet.
    10-27-09 01:54 PM
    Using a 9530 with the VZW .328 build, downloaded the trial. Doesn't seem to be working. The app says I still have 50 free calls. No city data displays when I receive a call. Trying a battery pull.

EDIT: Battery pull fixed it.

Interesting. The CityID app (that was in the 323 build I downloaded, though it was instantly expired and didn't work) that will allegedly be available.. That one I assume is going to be a subscription revenue generator. This at a flat fee is a great alternative!
    yes you need to reset the device.
    callerInfo is a one time fee and you can edit your own area code db and plus you can add additional info on the call screen.
    10-27-09 02:12 PM
    Doesn't seem to always work. I made 3 calls to my phone. Once from work, then from Skype, then from work again.

Of those 3, only the first and second call showed a city, the 3rd showed nothing.
    10-27-09 02:13 PM
    Doesn't seem to always work. I made 3 calls to my phone. Once from work, then from Skype, then from work again.

Of those 3, only the first and second call showed a city, the 3rd showed nothing.
    dont think it works if you call from skype.

does it use the standard phone format? eg: +1-555-888-0000

if you call from North America the it must be 10 or 11 digits number
    10-27-09 02:16 PM
    dont think it works if you call from skype.

does it use the standard phone format? eg: +1-555-888-0000

if you call from North America the it must be 10 or 11 digits number
    I have a SkypeOut #. That worked.

Call #1 and call #3 were from the same phone - area code 602 worked the first time, didn't do anything the 2nd time.
    10-27-09 02:28 PM
    BUMPING THIS BAD BOY.

absolutely great and useful app for those phone calls wanting to know who the heck is calling you and where it is that they are calling from.

great app from a great developer. get it while its hot!!
    10-28-09 11:48 AM
    it would be nice to implement the prefix so you can know what city they are calling fom because alot timed uou have about 5 towns that use the same area code
    10-28-09 01:04 PM
    it would be nice to implement the prefix so you can know what city they are calling fom because alot timed uou have about 5 towns that use the same area code
    well what you do goto the area code prefs and uncheck 'i live in north america' and then set the custom area code. eg: set start to 1 and length 6. this will use the first 6 digits as the area code.

you can then edit the area code database and edit the city and add the 3 additional prefix to make it 6 digits long.

so for example. if your area code is 555 and it shares among 5 towns and if you know the prefix 123 then edit the area code and set it to 555123 do the same for other cities.

let me know if this works.
    10-28-09 02:04 PM
    So I got a call from a 510xxxxxxx number. And it said Phoenix. Not quite. Double checked and 510 is in the list correctly identified as Oakland.
    10-28-09 05:57 PM
    new 1.03 beta

1 install here http://www.toysoft.ca/test/CallerInfo.jad
    2 reset device if not during install
    3 set permissions to all allow in the options->application app for CallerInfo

changes
    ---------

- added area code prefix support. currently one a few state has been done. More will follow soon. Basically with phone prefix you get a better and more accurate where city name. it doesnt mean where the caller is physically at.

you can check out the prefix here Toysoft Development Inc., CallerInfo Display caller name, birthday, anniversary and note prefix database can be downloaded within CallerInfo on your BB or installed manually going to our site Toysoft Development Inc., CallerInfo Display caller name, birthday, anniversary and note all the prefix database are in zip format

- choose to display the city name in format: county, city or city, state. this works only if the prefix database is installed

- city name is now centered on the call screen

if you have request for your state prefix then send us email at support@toysoft.ca
    11-03-09 02:27 PM
    What happened to this application? I purchased it a couple months ago and now all the information and prefix databases have disappeared off the toysoft website? hellloooooo lol
    12-17-09 07:18 PM
    my guess is that they got a cease and desist (like all other attempts at this function)
    12-17-09 07:30 PM
    well that sucks, I want city id for my storm, upgraded to 5.0.0.328 just to get it..and NOTHING BOOOO
    12-19-09 05:03 PM
    this is easier than a +/- counter, less than 5 minutes to develop 'cause there's no gui to write for, just do a phonescreen.add() in your phonelistener...and it's all provided in the samples from rim

using the demos from jde 5.0 beta
    -see the sqllite demo to query the npa/nxx database
    -see the phonescreendemo to display city id info (requires os > 5.0)
    set app to autostart

I've been using the sqlite database from the iPhone called CallDataDB1.mdb about 6MB on SD card, city id shows immediately when phone rings(there's an app for that.) Use the appropriate calldataDB file for your country or use the calldata.db also from the iPhone

query the database and add to phonescreen...

Statement stJobs = DB.createStatement("SELECT city.value,region.value,others.value FROM call,city,region,others WHERE call.id=? AND call.city=city.id AND call.region=region.id AND call.others=others.id;");
    stJobs.bind(1,iPhoneNpanxx);
    st.execute();
    Cursor cursor = stJobs.getCursor();
    if (! cursor.isEmpty()) {
    Row row = cursor.getRow();
    cityID = row.getString(0) + "," + row.getString(1) + " " + row.getString(2);
    }

then display cityID to phonescreen
    12-19-09 10:13 PM
    btw, it's also easy to add a email/sms listener to this in case you lose your phone, the app can email/sms your phone's gps coordinates
    12-19-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD