Credit to Xcist on cb for posting this in another section of this forum. Thought it'd be more convenient here!

BBCrackmans Bold Hybrid v1 - BlackberryOS.com

You bet I'll be loading this when I get home from work!
    07-22-09 03:48 PM
    well I loaded it already and still no 5.0 browser..
    it does come with BBM 5.0 but if you already have it loaded on your .282 this hybrid doesnt have much point installing it...
    07-22-09 03:59 PM
    1.Are there any specific beneficial difference between the 4.6 OS and the 5.0 OS?

2. Is the 5.0 OS upgrade to fix glitches and bugs or is it for new features? If so, what are the features, or what are the glitches??

I apologize if those are dumb questions or if they are too broad to answer.
    Last edited by Jim355; 07-22-09 at 04:29 PM.
    07-22-09 04:06 PM
    Is it possible to get the 5.0 os device software or is that not possible?

i am currently running .282 and 5.0 DM
    07-22-09 04:09 PM

Yes you can but it's the leaked version and still in beta.
    07-22-09 04:17 PM
    well I loaded it already and still no 5.0 browser..
    it does come with BBM 5.0 but if you already have it loaded on your .282 this hybrid doesnt have much point installing it...
    From BerryOS.com, 2 different replies to questions about the supposed 5.0 browser:

options > advance options > applications > bb menu button and click modules
    a list will pool and you should see a number of different files from different operating systems

hope that helps

Browser will look same as 4.6, what you'll get is noticeable in performance, and stability.
    07-22-09 04:21 PM
    I would prefer it was a .266 hybrid, as that seemed to be more stable across the board. I went back to .266 after .282. I'm already .266 with BBM 5.0, so I'll wait for something else...
    07-22-09 04:23 PM
    where is it located? and when you say "beta" verison, you mean "unofficial" and likely to mess something up on your blackberry?

thanks again
    07-22-09 04:26 PM
    Cool!. Glad the BOLD is getting included on the Hybrids.
    07-22-09 04:30 PM
    where is it located? and when you say "beta" verison, you mean "unofficial" and likely to mess something up on your blackberry?

thanks again
    Down in the Beta OS forum. It shouldn't mess your phone up, but it may not be 100% compatible with your apps. Some also had browser issues. I did and reverted back to .266.
    07-22-09 04:36 PM
    From BerryOS.com, 2 different replies to questions about the supposed 5.0 browser:

options > advance options > applications > bb menu button and click modules
    a list will pool and you should see a number of different files from different operating systems

hope that helps

Browser will look same as 4.6, what you'll get is noticeable in performance, and stability.
    HA! my friend, you are a genious! sure enough the module:

net_rim_bb_browser shows @ 5.0.0.100!!!!

awesome!
    07-22-09 04:42 PM
    Isn't he (realdeal21) referring to the OS i just posted? Which is NOT the "Beta 5.0" os, but a hybrid.
    07-22-09 04:43 PM

thanks again
    No, by beta I mean...has bugs, still in testing phase, not yet released by blackberry and it wont mess anything up on your blackberry if you do the update properly...Be safe do a backup before!
    07-22-09 04:50 PM
    Isn't he (realdeal21) referring to the OS i just posted? Which is NOT the "Beta 5.0" os, but a hybrid.
    I think he's refering to a 5.0 OS leak...
    07-22-09 04:51 PM
    Why would he ask where to download the 5.0 Beta if this thread isn't even about that? haha
    07-22-09 04:54 PM

I dunno lol

to me this asks if you can get the 5.0 os....
    07-22-09 04:58 PM
    Installed and works fine. i dont see a great difference but i am not going to attack the developer for trying to help as some appear to be doing.
    07-22-09 07:43 PM
    Bmwm your "browser" is a hybrid of nothing. 5.0 Browser is far from ready for anything other than lining a birdcage with it.
    I disagree whole-heartedly. The browser in 5.0 is a HUGE performance increase over the one in 4.6. In fact, the entire inspiration for a hybrid like this is for users who love the browser speed in OS 5.0 but don't want to deal with the rest of the 5.0 OS, which is still arguably not ready for primetime (and even that is also subjective. Apart from FB not working and rare but present exception errors, I've had great luck with all 3 versions of the 5.0 betas leaked here. 5.0.0.100 works better fr me than the OS that officially shipped with the phone).

The 5.0 browser is FAR faster and at least as stable as the one in 4.6. My memory handling is better than ever as well... probably more a result of .282 than the hybrid, but still makes me happy. Battery life today is as good as ever. Not a single error or crash in 14 hours of moderate use. This hybrid is like a very solid 4.6 build with a speed optimization given to the browser. Nothing more, nothing less. At first I was worried that the hybrid browser files didn't make it onto my phone because it looked just like the 4.6 browser, but the folks at the BBOS forums confirmed for me that the browser will look the same as 4.6 because the parts that look different in 5.0 are incompatible with 4.6 device software... which probably explains why my own hybrid attempts failed. A quick look at the modules in the Browser listing in my Applications list confirms there are modules specific to v5 and it's working seamlessly with 4.6.0.282.

And I'm also not experiencing any trouble at all with sound quality in the media player. It sounds fantastic through headphones and perfectly listenable over the speakers. I don't know if it sed to sound better or worse over the speakers because I always use the ack to listen, but I can't imagine phone speakers sounding better than this. Good response, no distortion, plenty of volume, stereo.

I've used every beta OS that's come through CB since I joined (most of them several times each), and for right now this is my favorite Bold OS build to date.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 07-22-09 at 08:00 PM.
    07-22-09 07:54 PM
    Does anyone know if I can replace the 5.0.0.100 browser files in this hybrid with the most recent 5.0.0.130 build to get tabs on this? so far this hybrid has been outstanding! the browser is much faster and I definitely have more file free and my bold seems to run really well!
    07-27-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD