XL,

Which profile.cod version do you use in this build? In other words, have you noticed any profile crashes with your hybrid? I'm still using 160/131 hybrid (which works flawlessly I may add) but I'd love to take advantage of the faster radio in these newer builds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 01:05 PM
    Downloaded and loaded the 175/5.0 Hybrid. Curious to know that I've done it correctly. Where will you see any 5.0 type files? Meaning, when you perform the about, simply shows the 175 and mostly 4.5 versions of applications except for BBM... The Core and System both show 4.5.

Thoughts?
    11-02-09 01:48 PM
    XL,

Which profile.cod version do you use in this build? In other words, have you noticed any profile crashes with your hybrid? I'm still using 160/131 hybrid (which works flawlessly I may add) but I'd love to take advantage of the faster radio in these newer builds.

This one has the .175 profile cods, but some users report profile crashes. You might want to copy the .131 profile cods from your hybrid and paste them into my hybrid. It certainly won't hurt on the performance of the radio and browser.

11-02-09 05:03 PM
    Downloaded and loaded the 175/5.0 Hybrid. Curious to know that I've done it correctly. Where will you see any 5.0 type files? Meaning, when you perform the about, simply shows the 175 and mostly 4.5 versions of applications except for BBM... The Core and System both show 4.5.

Thoughts?
    Yes, you won't see anything different on the About or Alt shift H screens. The only place you will see the 5.0 and 4.6 files is in Options, Advanced, Applications, Menu, Modules.

I went really conservative on this hybrid. I wanted the #4357* Send to work from the home screen as well as spellcheck.

11-02-09 05:06 PM
    So if all the basics are 175 in this case, what advantage does the 5.0 stuff give you? I guess with it thinned down so much, i'm unsure what advantage this might give me. Could be as simple as just a few updated apps then?
    11-02-09 08:35 PM
    You replace the entire OS folder. If you replace only the Java folder, the .alx files for sudoku, Texas holdem and Klondike won't be there, and the games will not work.
    how do you load files from saved back up to the current 5.0 os without wipeing it out or something
    11-03-09 11:34 PM
    Loaded the 175 OS with XL's hybrid files today. I also transferred over the 131 profile cods before I loaded. Everything seems to be running fine. The About screen AND the #4357* both should 175. Also, none of the 8520 games loaded and I can't seem t confirm which version of BBM I have now. Might I have overriden something when I restored my backup info?

In other words, everything seems exactly like my previous version except the about scree info (I guess that's a good thing! ).
    11-05-09 12:05 PM
    Loaded the 175 OS with XL's hybrid files today. I also transferred over the 131 profile cods before I loaded. Everything seems to be running fine. The About screen AND the #4357* both should 175. Also, none of the 8520 games loaded and I can't seem t confirm which version of BBM I have now. Might I have overriden something when I restored my backup info?

In other words, everything seems exactly like my previous version except the about scree info (I guess that's a good thing! ).
    Did you replace the ENTIRE .175 OS folder with the one in my hybrid before you put the .131 profile cods files in? If you did that, then the 8520 games should be working. Don't just substitute the Java folder, the .alx files need to be there as well. The About screen and the #4357* Send screen is supposed to show 4.5.0.175 on it.
    11-05-09 02:20 PM
    Hrm, ya looks like I am missing some files. At this point, could I just paste over the missing files and re-run the loader or should I wipe and start over?

I don't know how some files were missed...

EDIT: It looks like actually extracting the files FIRST then copying the files from the hybrid to the Loader Folder made certain all the files were included. I notice that skipping the extraction step and just trying to copy from the zip folder directly to the loader file skipped over some files. I fresh wipped and re-loaded. I'll let ya know how it works!

EDIT #2: Done and done. BBM 5 is running (it was not before) and all the 8520 games are present. It was simply a matter of thoroughly copying the hybrid files over. Thanks for everything.
    Last edited by RxDrugLord; 11-05-09 at 04:50 PM.
    11-05-09 03:18 PM
    Glad to hear everything is good.

FYI, the BBM 5 in my hybrid isn't the latest. There is an OTA BBM5 with all the barcode and group stuff. I don't use that stuff, so the beta version is what I stick with.

11-05-09 08:58 PM
    A few days into this version and I can say:

1. Radio file is significantly faster for browsing and data (but we knew that).
    2. Definitely has the "chirp." I updated from .077 straight to the 160/131 hybrid before loading this version and have never experienced this before. Although, so far, It is pretty infrequent.
    3. Minor signal cycle. I can't comment too much on this one and this might not be the right term for it but so far this version does not seem to "hold" the 3G (1XEV) as well.
    4. Memory and battery life are very stable. Espicially my battery life - I notice a big improvement.

As XL has said before, the radio improvements are worth putting up with these other small annoyances. So far I am pleased.

11-07-09 05:19 PM
    A few days into this version and I can say:
    3. Minor signal cycle. I can't comment too much on this one and this might not be the right term for it but so far this version does not seem to "hold" the 3G (1XEV) as well.
    I've seen the slippage of the 1XEV to 1xev quite a bit, not sure if it was just my travels or what that might have been. I don't typically watch it all day but i'll have to watch it a little more closely just to see.

Good observation.
    11-12-09 11:42 AM
    Both the wife's and my phone are chirping like crazy! We're talking like 3-4 times during a typical 5 minute call. It's loud enough, too, that we can hear each other's chirps when were on calls together

I'm considering swapping in my old 131 radio file but, correct me if I'm wrong, won't that mean sacrificing the fast data speeds that come with versions 169 and later?

11-14-09 02:51 PM
    So if all the basics are 175 in this case, what advantage does the 5.0 stuff give you? I guess with it thinned down so much, i'm unsure what advantage this might give me.
    2nd what this guy said
    11-15-09 08:09 PM
    Justin,

I would love to download this hybrid but have to admit that I am totally new to this and would like to know how to get this done. Is there any chance you can give me some instructions or point me in the right direction? I downloaded the file from the site but dont know where to go from there.

Thanks in advance and look forward to using your work,

Gene
    11-16-09 02:19 PM
    Justin,

I would love to download this hybrid but have to admit that I am totally new to this and would like to know how to get this done. Is there any chance you can give me some instructions or point me in the right direction? I downloaded the file from the site but dont know where to go from there.

Thanks in advance and look forward to using your work,

Gene
    RHP23's post on page 45 in this thread provides great instruction on how to install this hybrid.

11-17-09 03:07 AM
    Looking over the 4.5.0.175/4.61.305/5.0.0.230 hybird I do not find net_rim_bbapi_messagelist. This came about in v4.6 and is needed to run the app WHERE which only loads on v4.6 OS's and above. Is there a way I can just add this routine? I realize that there may be more routines needed.. Or is it a lost cause for now?
    11-25-09 11:43 AM
    Here's the revised .175/4.6/5.0 hybrid with the working spellcheck:

Download the hybrid, extract the OS folder. Replace the entire OS folder after the 4.5.0.175 OS installation on your computer.

4.5.0.175/4.61.305/5.0.0.230 hybrid

Carrier themes, brickbreaker, foreign language support has been removed. The 8520 games (Sudoko, Klondike, and Texas Holdem 2 have been added). The removed .cods are in the Java folder in the Removed Files folder.
    I have been reading a lot about hybrids today, and would like to know if this hybrid will work with my 8320 Curve after upgrading it to the latest version in the Curve's forums OS thread (app version 4.5.0.182, platform 2.7.0.106).

Also, I'd like to know if this hybrid is the "latest" or "most up-to-date" one of all the hybrids for the 8320 I have seen in the threads I have read today.

Thanks! And thanks to all the hybrid builders and testers for your input!!!!
    12-27-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks to the responses from everyone. I'm gonna try putting .169 on my 8320 monday night when I have off. If it doesn't work, oh well, that's all part of the fun.

Did you get it to work correctly????
    12-27-09 11:00 AM
    I've been using xlideriders updated 4.5 hybrid and I like it. I haven't gotten any chirps yet either.
    01-12-10 11:21 AM
    I was wondering if any of these hybrids have BB maps/GPS working? App world I don't care too much about, but it would be a plus
    01-14-10 09:01 AM
    Plz, some one tell me how..
    can I use net_rim_latin_truetype.cod from os 5.0 for 4.5?

sorry for my English
    01-14-10 10:22 AM
    Hi everyone,

I want to install this Hybrid on my Curve... however I can't download anything from MEGAUPLOAD.

�Can anyone upload the latest release (post #666) to another server?

Thanks!!
    01-14-10 11:51 AM
    this file is infected!!do not download!!
    06-04-11 01:29 PM
699 ... 262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD