06-04-10 06:43 PM
    Sweet!! I can't wait to see it in person.
    06-04-10 07:10 PM
    That was sweet. Really looking forward to the theme options and the Feeds app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 07:47 PM
    omfg that was freaking awesome cant wait for this phone
    06-04-10 08:03 PM
    I need to get this phone!!!
    Anyone wondering if the chinese were the beta/field testers and maybe the unit is already pretty close to ready for AT&T? Wouldn't that be sweet if we don't have to wait another 3 months for it?
    Seems pretty fast to me. I wish they would have showed what the email app looked like and if emails were HTML.
    They didn't try the browser either.
    My upgrade is ready for this baby... I've been eligible since last month, but I want this slider.
    06-04-10 08:05 PM
    Looks like they made the Contacts similar to BBM with contact picture included, i like the look.
    06-04-10 08:11 PM
    How did this get to China when AT&T has a exclusive deal?
    06-04-10 08:57 PM
    How did this get to China when AT&T has a exclusive deal?
    china thing had me asking the same
    06-04-10 09:26 PM
    Exclusive deals mean nothing outside home borders.

06-04-10 10:29 PM
    Some props to CB in the video.....they have the crackberry podcast on the unit.
    06-04-10 10:33 PM
    oh man I want that phone. I cant wait till it comes out
    06-04-10 11:40 PM

I could be wrong but wasn't the very first iPhone exclusive to AT&T world wide? I remember ppl paying crazy prices here in Canada for the first few months cuz they were buying it from the states.....
    06-05-10 12:05 AM
    this phone is growing on me .. and very quickly
    06-05-10 01:11 AM
    he should have at least shown the sliding keyboard...
    06-05-10 01:20 AM

That's right. Att has excl in the US. Rogers will have excl in Canada etc etc

06-05-10 05:13 AM
    I could be wrong but wasn't the very first iPhone exclusive to AT&T world wide? I remember ppl paying crazy prices here in Canada for the first few months cuz they were buying it from the states.....
    Apple tends to release hardware in the states before other places e.g. the first batch of other countries only just got the ipad a week ago.

The first iphone was released with exclusive deals in most countries, in the uk o2 were the ones to have the exclusive that has since expired unlike the one with at&t.
    06-05-10 07:12 AM
    That's right. Att has excl in the US. Rogers will have excl in Canada etc etc
    At&t will have got the exclusive in the US by putting in a big enough order, in canada you may see the device on all the main carriers about the same time.
    06-05-10 07:14 AM
    not at all true. The iPhone was released in Europe before Canada even got it. Apple and Rogers were negotiating a proper price/data plan, and because Rogers is greedy.... this is why it took so long for us to get it.
    06-05-10 10:16 AM
    not at all true. The iPhone was released in Europe before Canada even got it. Apple and Rogers were negotiating a proper price/data plan, and because Rogers is greedy.... this is why it took so long for us to get it.
    More likely Rogers were simply trying to avoiding being bent over in quite the same manner that some carriers were willing to do in order to get the iphone, I remember reports that some of the uk carriers (vodafone and orange iirc) backed out of trying to get the initial exclusivity because the terms apple were after were unacceptable.
    06-05-10 10:23 AM
    Every phone takes a while to come out here. Heck, we just recently got the Moto Droid (renamed the �Milestone�).

06-05-10 10:50 AM
    Anyways, to get back on topic, I want to mention that the only thing I dislike about OS6 so far is the use of whites and other lighter colours throughout the menus and other elements of the UI. Just look at the calculator, for example. I hope there will be an option to change it all back to the darker styling of OS5. This new style reminds me too much of the IPhone or Droid and is a little too bright for me.

06-05-10 10:55 AM
    More likely Rogers were simply trying to avoiding being bent over in quite the same manner that some carriers were willing to do in order to get the iphone, I remember reports that some of the uk carriers (vodafone and orange iirc) backed out of trying to get the initial exclusivity because the terms apple were after were unacceptable.
    This is exactly why Verizon backed out of the Apple deal,AT&T chose to bend over instead.
    06-05-10 02:55 PM
    Every phone takes a while to come out here. Heck, we just recently got the Moto Droid (renamed the �Milestone�).

yah every phone, EXCEPT blackberries, i remember the 9700 came to rogers way before ATT and so did the bold. Rogers and RIM have a good relationship.
    06-05-10 04:17 PM
    yah every phone, EXCEPT blackberries, i remember the 9700 came to rogers way before ATT and so did the bold. Rogers and RIM have a good relationship.
    Oh really? I don't remember. I know the Storm2 took a while to come out here, but that's probably because it's a CDMA phone (not for Rogers).
    06-05-10 04:33 PM
    As well as the 8900

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the 9800 out on Rogers before the states gets it. But I won't hold my breath on that either.
    06-05-10 11:18 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD