Having been drunk with Zed juice, one would think I've lost love for the best OS7 device ever...it was the Torch, that brought BB users WebKit browsers, real touch interfacing, and fun!! So for those of us whose upgrade are a few months out, I give you a new Prime. Neo Prime!!

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this hybrid and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what Iím saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

As with the former Primes, installation is simple: download and save Neo Prime.zip to your desktop, unzip the content to your desktop; next - if you haven't already - download and install OS 7.1.0.912 to your computer, once installation is complete, navigate to the Loader Files folder, open, and rename the official .912 folder "(official os)" and leave this folder open; drag and drop Neo Prime's folder into the open Loader Files folder AND REMOVE THE SUFFIX "Neo Prime", if there is a suffix attached. Apploader will now be able to "see" the hybrid content and install.

You are now ready to install a Prime hybrid OS.

I recommend using BBHTools to shrink any outdated apps, to avoid deleting any newer or beta versions that you currently have installed.

As usual, I'm here to fully support Neo Prime. If there's anything outside of the subject of this thread, that you may need assistance with, PM me.

Install and enjoy

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    05-05-13 07:15 PM
    Watch out for the Zed juice...it can leave a nasty hangover!
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    05-06-13 09:51 AM
    So far so good.. Everything working smoothly! Great work Mecca!!

Your realese includes BBDA but I can't activate it.. Any sugestions?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-06-13 02:57 PM
    Woot! Neo Prime, just what I've been waiting for. Just out of curiosity, does this use the .861 SFI? I haven't looked at the download yet and others may be curious as well. Do you recommend a wipe before loading as the BL gang does? I've typically just used loader and it has worked fine. I am currently running .912 with the .861 SFI and it is working well although the battery drain during network access is pretty high. On the other hand, I am seeing much faster network access. Probably a good trade off.

Oh, and thank you Mecca El for your continued support of the 9810!
    Edit:
    I need someone to talk me down from the wall. I almost bought a Galaxy S4 today. I have an offer from AT&T that with a trade in and upgrade, I can get a new phone for $99.99 USD. I can get the GS4, the HTC One, or the BB Z10 for the same price with a 2-year contract. None of them are perfect. The Z10 isn't fully baked, the GS4 has only 16GB of internal storage (as does the Z10) and the HTC One has 32GB of internal storage but no removable battery and no SD card slot. The only one of the three that seems viable atm is the GS4 as long as I can live with only 9GB (after OS and bloatware) of internal storage for APPS. If AT&T offered the GS4 with 32GB of internal storage, I wouldn't even be looking at this site any more because of the trade in. I've researched that Samsung Kies will sync with Outlook using USB which is one of the main sticking points I have with the Z10. Maybe I should just undergo some Woodford Reserve therapy and chill for a while.
    Last edited by TechFossil; 05-06-13 at 06:16 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-06-13 05:42 PM
    I always wipe my device before reloading any OS.. Some says you don't need to but from my experience, it always seems to run and settle better when did wiped it...

05-06-13 06:44 PM
    I need someone to talk me down from the wall. I almost bought a Galaxy S4 today. I have an offer from AT&T that with a trade in and upgrade, I can get a new phone for $99.99 USD. I can get the GS4, the HTC One, or the BB Z10 for the same price with a 2-year contract. None of them are perfect. The Z10 isn't fully baked, the GS4 has only 16GB of internal storage (as does the Z10) and the HTC One has 32GB of internal storage but no removable battery and no SD card slot. The only one of the three that seems viable atm is the GS4 as long as I can live with only 9GB (after OS and bloatware) of internal storage for APPS. If AT&T offered the GS4 with 32GB of internal storage, I wouldn't even be looking at this site any more because of the trade in. I've researched that Samsung Kies will sync with Outlook using USB which is one of the main sticking points I have with the Z10. Maybe I should just undergo some Woodford Reserve therapy and chill for a while.
    Personally I stay away from HTC as much as I can, 2 of my close relatives used HTC and both had the same problem occuring. The 'end call' button wouldnt function. These were both new phones with WP7 running on them with the latest updates and the problem occured separately from each other with approx. 1 year apart. According to Windows it had nothing to do with the OS running on the phone and according to HTC it had nothing to do with the hardware. Two phones from the same brand, experiencing the same problem separately from each other and with a year apart can't just be coincidence.

Samsung GS4 is an amazing phone, hands down. It runs the latest 4.2 Android OS, has an intuitive interface and is packed with just about every high end hardware module you can find for a mobile phone.
    Take a look here => 32GB Samsung Galaxy S 4 coming to AT&T May 10th for $250

Z10, well that's just another amazing phone, and i'm sure coming updates will be released with additional functionality. I'm not going to write a long essay on the phone, everything you want to know about it is available on this site.

Take your pick.

I always wipe my device before reloading any OS.. Some says you don't need to but from my experience, it always seems to run and settle better when did wiped it...
    When reloading a new OS using apploader, it already wipes the phone. The fact you think it runs smoother after you wiped it, is purely a placebo effect. Hybrid builders recommend it just to be on the save side but as I mentioned, you wiping your phone yourself prior to loading a new OS has no real effect.
    05-07-13 06:21 AM
    I saw the news release today on the 32GB version of the GS4 coming to AT&T May 10th for $250 on contract. Thanks for your replies. I think the Woodford Reserve therapy helped a little. I have my patience back for now.

BlackBerry 9810 running unmodified .861 using Tapatalk.
    05-07-13 10:32 AM
    I have always had unfortunate occurrences whn trying to load Mecca's hybrids. I decided to give Neo prime a chance. So i dived in and downloaded the hefty 240mb download. No easy task especially when one does not really have access to proper decent internet. Upon getting it, alas, my 912 OS refused to install giving me some error about not being able to fully extract to the temp folder due to some error. I tried moving the OS file to a different location but no luck. I suspect it got corrupted on my external somehow. I was forced to redownload the entire 912 OS again. Another 240MB download.

Did as instructions stated but i had to change the Neo prime subfolder name as my downloaded version was the asia telstra version. After that all went smooth and everything is set up. No issues at all so far, the OS is snappy, reinstalling of apps was fast too.
    Thanks for the hybrid and hope it meshes well with my phone.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-07-13 11:34 AM
    So far so good.. Everything working smoothly! Great work Mecca!!

Your realese includes BBDA but I can't activate it.. Any sugestions?

RIM deactivated BBDA, even though it still shows up. If you'd like it active, I can make a patch for you.

Woot! Neo Prime, just what I've been waiting for. Just out of curiosity, does this use the .861 SFI? I haven't looked at the download yet and others may be curious as well. Do you recommend a wipe before loading as the BL gang does? I've typically just used loader and it has worked fine. I am currently running .912 with the .861 SFI and it is working well although the battery drain during network access is pretty high. On the other hand, I am seeing much faster network access. Probably a good trade off.
    Yes, .861's sfi is used. It's a series date newer than .912's sfi, and smaller, AND stable. I've never experienced positive results with a Tmo approved OS. hahaha.

I have always had unfortunate occurrences whn trying to load Mecca's hybrids. I decided to give Neo prime a chance. So i dived in and downloaded the hefty 240mb download. No easy task especially when one does not really have access to proper decent internet. Upon getting it, alas, my 912 OS refused to install giving me some error about not being able to fully extract to the temp folder due to some error. I tried moving the OS file to a different location but no luck. I suspect it got corrupted on my external somehow. I was forced to redownload the entire 912 OS again. Another 240MB download.

Did as instructions stated but i had to change the Neo prime subfolder name as my downloaded version was the asia telstra version. After that all went smooth and everything is set up. No issues at all so far, the OS is snappy, reinstalling of apps was fast too.
    Thanks for the hybrid and hope it meshes well with my phone.
    FINALLY!!! My biggest critic has a running Prime!! I knew calling it "Neo" was a good thing.

Everyone keep me posted. I'm waiting for some beta parts, to update this to v2 status, but until then enjoy.
    Phly_kid likes this.
    05-07-13 05:20 PM
    Hahahahaha, I wouldn't call myself a critic let alone the biggest just that my phone always seem to have a different opinion to what it likes.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-08-13 03:24 AM
    RIM deactivated BBDA, even though it still shows up. If you'd like it active, I can make a patch for you.

Yes, .861's sfi is used. It's a series date newer than .912's sfi, and smaller, AND stable. I've never experienced positive results with a Tmo approved OS. hahaha.

FINALLY!!! My biggest critic has a running Prime!! I knew calling it "Neo" was a good thing.

Everyone keep me posted. I'm waiting for some beta parts, to update this to v2 status, but until then enjoy.
    No need to... I got an OTA of it.. Although not the latest, I managed to get it to work...

Mecca EL likes this.
    05-08-13 08:51 AM
    Having been drunk with Zed juice, one would think I've lost love for the best OS7 device ever...it was the Torch, that brought BB users WebKit browsers, real touch interfacing, and fun!! So for those of us whose upgrade are a few months out, I give you a new Prime. Neo Prime!!

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this hybrid and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I’m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

As with the former Primes, installation is simple: download and save Neo Prime.zip to your desktop, unzip the content to your desktop; next - if you haven't already - download and install OS 7.1.0.912 to your computer, once installation is complete, navigate to the Loader Files folder, open, and rename the official .912 folder "(official os)" and leave this folder open; drag and drop Neo Prime's folder into the open Loader Files folder AND REMOVE THE SUFFIX "Neo Prime", if there is a suffix attached. Apploader will now be able to "see" the hybrid content and install.

You are now ready to install a Prime hybrid OS.

I recommend using BBHTools to shrink any outdated apps, to avoid deleting any newer or beta versions that you currently have installed.

As usual, I'm here to fully support Neo Prime. If there's anything outside of the subject of this thread, that you may need assistance with, PM me.

Install and enjoy

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    LOL. Late to the party. Need to upload this later today. Thanks, Mecca.
    05-16-13 09:35 AM
    LOL. Late to the party. Need to upload this later today. Thanks, Mecca.
    LOL

Enviado de meu Maxwell Lite usando o Tapatalk 2
    05-18-13 04:30 PM
    LOL

Enviado de meu Maxwell Lite usando o Tapatalk 2
    Something I posted tickle your giggle- box, Gil?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:46 PM

Well to wipe or not...is one of many old debates that come up from time to time. End the end, it's what works best for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:51 PM
    Well to wipe or not...is one of many old debates that come up from time to time. End the end, it's what works best for you.

Posted via CB10
    Agree!

#TeamBlackberry Portugal @Gil_V4z
    www.blackberrypt.com
    05-20-13 04:34 PM
    Something I posted tickle your giggle- box, Gil?

Posted via CB10
    ''Late to the party''

#TeamBlackberry Portugal @Gil_V4z
    www.blackberrypt.com
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-20-13 04:35 PM
    Any new love for the 9810 we can expect soon ?

I know you were cooking with some new files about stable browser and battery improvements...any word on that?
    06-15-13 04:28 AM
    Any new love for the 9810 we can expect soon ?

I know you were cooking with some new files about stable browser and battery improvements...any word on that?
    Nothing yet. With all the OS10 stuff, 0S7xxx isn't getting any attention. The old guard has moved on. I'll check the download sites, for any new OS later this evening.
    06-16-13 08:21 PM
    Looks interesting, thanks, Mecca!
    A question: do you know if Neo Prime will support WiFi Calling (IMS-based, of course) on T-Mobile US?
    Thanks!
    07-26-13 12:51 PM
    Does this build come with network selection mode? Regards
    07-18-14 07:01 PM