Hi all:

I've been searching for an answer to my problem for the last 2 hours with no luck. I've found answers that work for *older* Desktop Manager software, or *newer* device OS's, but I have not been able to find anything that will work for my configuration.

I could really use some help, or a point in the right direction. I've tried to provide all the relevant information, but if I've missed something, please let me know and I'll post it ASAP.

The Specs:
    - Bold 9700
    - Core v5.0
    - BlackBerry Messenger v4.7.0
    - Desktop Manager/ Software v6.0.1.18

The History:
    - My workplace was originally running Enterprise Server for the handful of people using Blackberries
    - We decided to add a number of new users, and switched to Enterprise Server express at the same time
    - When that change took place, it created duplicates (on my handheld only) for all of my contacts, email folders, etc.
    - I let it go for a few months and just worked around it.
    - Eventually (today) I decided to deal with the problem.
    - I did a full back-up of my device using DM 6.0.18
    - On my handheld, I went to Options -> Security Options -> Security Wipe
    - I selected only the option for "Emails, Contacts, etc."
    - I wiped the device
    - I renewed my Enterprise activation
    - I restored my SMS & MMS messages, PINs, etc.

The Problem:
    - My BBM contacts and conversations did not restore
    - In DM 6.0.1.18 -> "Restore" -> "Select device data and settings", the option to select 'BlackBerry Messenger' to restore is dimmed, and the explanation says that "[d]immed entries are read-only data types and cannot be restored."
    - There's no Restore option from the device itself
    04-05-11 12:22 PM
    Here's another question:

If I was running:
    BBM 4.7.0;
    BBCore 5.0;
    DM 6.0.1.18;

Why would DM not automatically be upgrading me to BBM 5.0 once that was available? I hit the "Update My Device" button regularly, but not once did it offer the update.

Is that always considered a manual update?
    04-06-11 10:14 AM
    did you figure this out ?
    06-26-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD