Let me first start by saying I had NOTHING to do with this build... and that is not a bad thing. A huge thanks go out to Nik and one of our beta testers, Omar, for putting this thing together. I have been way too busy with getting our Nathanix 9530 hybrid v419.1.0 (shameless plug) together to even think about helping with this one. Once again, we have put together what we believe to be a great build, but we'll leave that up to you to decide. As for the guys and gals in our Curve BBM group, we hope you enjoyed the sneak peak of v438.7.0 yesterday and that it made your rainy Sunday a little brighter. We sure hope you enjoy this build.

We did have multiple requests to fix the issue of the keyboard lock vs. standby issue, so we gave you that option. The hybrid comes standard with the highest file version we can make is, which means your device will go into standby, so if you want to lock your keyboard, then you need to look for the folder "(A) Keyboard Lock" inside the java folder and copy that .cod into the main Java files. Easy enough?

5.0.0.438-->6
    5.0.0.442-->2
    5.0.0.459-->4
    5.0.0.509-->1
    5.0.0.580-->56
    5.0.0.592-->1
    5.0.0.643-->226

Again, thank you to all of our loyal Nathanix hybrid users! We do this for you.

As always the package is pre-shrunk and if you are familiar with our hybrids you know what to do. If you are not, please visit the tutorials section to help walk you through. Make sure you follow all steps as the first question we will ask if you have trouble is, did you follow the tutorial.

Tutorials Forum Section

Bonus Files included into the Hybrid!
    Make sure you pull the files out of their folders!
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BBM 5.0.1.5 (you need a code for this to work) it is in a folder so make sure you pull the files out if you have a code
    RIM Twitter App
    BeMail
    BeBuzz
    BeWeather
    UberTwitter
    Bolt Browser 2.0
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Google Talk
    Pandora
    and more...

Nathanix 8330 Hybrid v438.7.0

THIS HYBRID WILL ONLY WORK ON A STANDARD 8330, WILL NOT WORK ON A 8330m.

Please let us know if you find any bugs. We will try to address issues as soon as we can and as best we can, but please be patient. Major issues we will address immediately, but minor issues will be included in either a maintenance build or the next hybrid. Please post the "system read.txt" file from a BBSAK or MCP system read if you have issues so that we can compare your files to what is supposed to be installed.

A huge thanks to our entire hybrid team on this thing. We could never have done it without everyone's help!
    JamesPorter (James) - Developer
    njaremka (Nik) - Developer
    mininash13 (Andrew) - Developer - When basketball does not interfere
    jstaime (JJJSA) - Tester
    Fender (Mike Schmidt) - Tester
    Phil (Phil) - Tester
    omar peroni (Omar) - Tester
    davidpjdcomps (David) - Tester
    Last edited by Yosaki; 04-26-10 at 12:34 PM.
    04-26-10 12:28 PM
    Downloaded now! Have wait to till tonight to give to try. Can not wait to see what is in store on this one.

Have ever thought about trying a ota update version for hybrids? Or would that be too hard to do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xp_robert; 04-26-10 at 07:02 PM.
    04-26-10 01:49 PM
    Another great hybrid from Nathanix very fast and stable. Thanks guys

04-26-10 08:13 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but so far my BBM now finds satellites again and so far I haven't had the silly browser double click issue... That in and of it's self is awesome!

04-27-10 06:29 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but so far my BBM now finds satellites again and so far I haven't had the silly browser double click issue... That in and of it's self is awesome!

really?!?! in our testing, i could NEVER get a lock on any satalites. are you sure its finding satalites, and not just "Saying" its looking for them?
    04-27-10 08:09 AM
    really?!?! in our testing, i could NEVER get a lock on any satellites. are you sure its finding satellites, and not just "Saying" its looking for them?
    Really really! Well at least once, right down to my house, no problem at all. I've not been back outside yet to try again but will shortly and report back. I may be a unique example however, i dono. I'm one of those acquisitions from Alltel and depending on who you believe (hardware related, service book or Big Red network block) as to what keeps us from enjoying all the features of our BB's.
    04-27-10 12:07 PM
    I was just going to post about the (A) standby issue but I just read the first post again. I have already installed so am I able to just install the .cod file.

This is my first time installing a hybrid so please bear with me, but so far i'm liking the new os. Thanks in advance.
    04-27-10 12:08 PM
    I was just going to post about the (A) standby issue but I just read the first post again. I have already installed so am I able to just install the .cod file.

This is my first time installing a hybrid so please bear with me, but so far i'm liking the new os. Thanks in advance.
    you can copy the cod file into your java folder, but you will have to run the apploader program again. you do not have to do a complete wipe first.
    04-27-10 03:09 PM
    you can copy the cod file into your java folder, but you will have to run the apploader program again. you do not have to do a complete wipe first.
    ok, thanks for replying. I guess i'll just assign one of the side keys to lock the phone. I was hoping I would be able to just install .cod for the file. I don't have time to update again and reinstall everything again. Thanks for the help.
    04-27-10 03:24 PM
    enjoy peeps.. by far one of the best 8330 weve put out!! give props to nik!
    04-27-10 04:59 PM
    really?!?! in our testing, i could NEVER get a lock on any satalites. are you sure its finding satalites, and not just "Saying" its looking for them?
    So I had the chance to check it and yeah, it seems to work and work just fine. First time found 9 satellites and the other couple times I tried, 7 satellites on BBMaps. Now the only time I can get Google maps to show my location is to let BBmaps find them first then switch to Google but in all of the newer OS hybrids it seems that when you change from one program to the next the previous one pauses or something. I'm not really sure, just an observation. I assumed this helps with memory somehow. Anyways I used to use GPSed, let it run in the background and Google maps all the time. Was kind of nice since live traffic came with that program. Just can't do that anymore.

04-27-10 08:38 PM
    Just installed os. Lost my bbmaps. I copied and pasted the files and checked the box to install. Just most have not loaded right, going to try again when I get home.

Still no satellites for vzw users.

Last edited by xp_robert; 04-28-10 at 01:30 PM.
    04-27-10 09:28 PM
    This is the best hybrid ever for my phone. The fastest too. Thanks Nik.
    04-28-10 04:40 AM
    ok, thanks for replying. I guess i'll just assign one of the side keys to lock the phone. I was hoping I would be able to just install .cod for the file. I don't have time to update again and reinstall everything again. Thanks for the help.
    its a relatively painless process. copy the file into the java folder, then run apploader and let it do its thing. you dont have to worry about doing a backup or restoring your apps, apploader will do it all for you. however, it does take some time to run the process.
    04-28-10 06:49 AM
    its a relatively painless process. copy the file into the java folder, then run apploader and let it do its thing. you dont have to worry about doing a backup or restoring your apps, apploader will do it all for you. however, it does take some time to run the process.
    I ended up having to reload the whole os last night, my phone just crashed and had a white screen. I did try adding the (A) file .cod though. It still didn't work.

Now that I think of it, I think I went into the hybrid java files instead of the files that were copied into the os. If that makes sense.

04-28-10 09:48 AM
    Really really! Well at least once, right down to my house, no problem at all. I've not been back outside yet to try again but will shortly and report back. I may be a unique example however, i dono. I'm one of those acquisitions from Alltel and depending on who you believe (hardware related, service book or Big Red network block) as to what keeps us from enjoying all the features of our BB's.
    If you're still using your Alltel devise it might be a hardware configuration. Alltel devises have been able to use BBMaps and locate satellites from the beginning of OS 5.
    04-29-10 09:44 AM
    If you're still using your Alltel devise it might be a hardware configuration. Alltel devises have been able to use BBMaps and locate satellites from the beginning of OS 5.
    I totally agree. At least it's a viable theory. What is strange to me however is the last OS (6) did not allow for BBMaps to find satellites. Now why is that.

Some believe the chirp is hardware, some believe network some OS... no one really has a solid on that either i don't believe.

Here's another I've battled ever since jumping into the Hybrids. My MMS messages inbound come through with the quality of a thumbnail. They send just fine and the other end is good. I'm not sure anyone else has posted on this issue. For now I just have my wife send to my phone and gmail at the same time. I see it in MMS and if i really want a good clear look i have to download the attachment. Whatta pain!
    04-29-10 11:13 AM
    HELP i dowloaded this on my curve and it works great... now i dont see the themes in options i downloaded???
    05-01-10 10:04 PM
    HELP i dowloaded this on my curve and it works great... now i dont see the themes in options i downloaded???
    If you are talking about the themes you had installed before the upgrade, then you will need to make sure you add the files from the "(Core) Theme Files - Dimension" folder located in the java folder. You can do this by pushing them to you phone with BBSAK.
    05-02-10 12:53 PM
    This one is working for me much better than 438.6.0 (obviously) whenever I reboot my phone I get 32-35mb after awhile (at time of posting, 87592 seconds) I still have 28mb.

05-02-10 06:20 PM
    If you are talking about the themes you had installed before the upgrade, then you will need to make sure you add the files from the "(Core) Theme Files - Dimension" folder located in the java folder. You can do this by pushing them to you phone with BBSAK.
    I didnt have any installed. I downloaded themes after this and i cant find them on my phone to set as a theme!
    05-02-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD