Hi,
    Just updated to the latest and works great but one thing driving me nuts is the lockout speed dial is going to standby mode is there a way I can change the button its set to or to fix this?
    there is a fix, but its not an easy one... PM me for details.
    04-14-10 07:16 AM
    Any idea if this hybrid will work with Blackberry Maps on Verizon? I downloaded the OS 5 that was released for Boost and ever since my BB Maps will not work.
    04-14-10 09:39 AM
    Any idea if this hybrid will work with Blackberry Maps on Verizon? I downloaded the OS 5 that was released for Boost and ever since my BB Maps will not work.
    define "Not Work".

BBMaps works just fine. GPS tracking in BBMaps does NOT work with verizon services. Verizon changed their service books to allow GPS on Bing! maps, but you need to download the Bing! app to get it.
    04-14-10 10:13 AM
    define "Not Work".

BBMaps works just fine. GPS tracking in BBMaps does NOT work with verizon services. Verizon changed their service books to allow GPS on Bing! maps, but you need to download the Bing! app to get it.

Any experience with this BING! app?

When I try to use the BB Maps GPS Navigation or select "Find Location - Where I Am" I receive an error that says "Unable to acquire satellites. Please try again from a location with an unobstructed view of the sky" . However, before upgrading the OS it worked fine.
    04-14-10 11:45 AM
    Any experience with this BING! app?

When I try to use the BB Maps GPS Navigation or select "Find Location - Where I Am" I receive an error that says "Unable to acquire satellites. Please try again from a location with an unobstructed view of the sky" . However, before upgrading the OS it worked fine.
    the Bing! app is way too big on memory to use only as mapping software. its almost twice as big as BBMaps or Google maps. i leave BBmaps off my device and use google maps. i also dont rely solely on my blackberry for gps navigation.
    04-14-10 12:04 PM
    As with every new hybrid, I wonder: Does Opera Mini 4 work properly?!

This is the ONLY application I care about, and I hate to miss out yet again on these great hybrids if it isn't working correctly.

Thanks for the work that you do.
    Noooope, at least I'm having no luck getting it to work properly. Tried 4, 5, and even 3. None of them are functional.

04-14-10 09:07 PM
    24.1 M 5 minutes after boot with almost everything i want on it. So far, so good.
    04-20-10 11:34 PM
    This is my first attempt at a hybrid OS and it works GREAT! Thanks to everyone who has played a part in making these possible.

I somewhat agree that I think my radio reception isn't as good as it used to be, but it might just be the meter in the corner, it hasn't dropped any calls on me yet, but it's lower then it used to be.

I had a 9630 and drove off with it on the roof of my car, and was back to using the 8330. The past week has sucked, but now I feel like I have my tour back in a retro case At least until the 9650 comes out.
    04-20-10 11:42 PM
    Awesome loaded on my brothers 8330 works great and he's very happy. After version 3 his carrier pushed a update that totally messed up his phone. Now with the latest Nat hybrid the phone is the best it's ever been. Oh had to delete both the vender and device xml files to get it to load.
    04-21-10 11:14 AM
    is a new hybrid in the making?

I fixed the problem I had with bing not working.

Now looking to see if I can get basic 8530 service books to see if I can get my gps to work. I had a 8100 from att and knew some one that had a 8130 and I take all but the email service books from there phone and up loaded to mine. At the time att did not support bbmaps. With the 8130 service books loaded I had the bbmaps icon. It did not find a gps cause it did not have one. Everything else worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 05:58 PM
    just installed it. Every time I try sending an email I go to compose email, start typing in a name, and the phone freezes

edit: here's the error- Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(166) is not responding; process terminated
    Last edited by cashmoney805; 04-21-10 at 08:44 PM.
    04-21-10 08:31 PM
    just installed it. Every time I try sending an email I go to compose email, start typing in a name, and the phone freezes

edit: here's the error- Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(166) is not responding; process terminated
    I believe that problem was solved with v6.1.... you can visit there website and find a download link to the newer version.
    If you have v6.1 then I have no idea what to say and maybe some one from nathanix will respond for ya.
    04-21-10 09:37 PM
    I believe that problem was solved with v6.1.... you can visit there website and find a download link to the newer version.
    If you have v6.1 then I have no idea what to say and maybe some one from nathanix will respond for ya.
    oh that's probably it. Downloading 6.0.1 now, I'll report back after install. Thanks!
    04-21-10 09:56 PM
    Been running the 6.0.1 since release and all I can say is it is working great. Will stay with the Curve until the 9650 comes out.
    04-21-10 10:36 PM
    working good now. thanks again.
    04-21-10 11:17 PM
    Do themes work well with this OS?
    I have the 5.0.0.438 from Boost Mobile on a friends 8330 and themes will load to the phone but won't activate.
    Sounds like this hybrid is the way to go though!
    04-23-10 12:38 PM
    Do themes work well with this OS?
    I have the 5.0.0.438 from Boost Mobile on a friends 8330 and themes will load to the phone but won't activate.
    Sounds like this hybrid is the way to go though!
    i have no problem using themes.

however, you have to select the correct version of the theme in order to be able to use them.

if you have the BONE STOCK boost mobile 438 loaded, then you have to use themes built for an 8330.

if you are using one of our hybrid builds, you have to use themes built for an 8500 or an 8350.
    04-23-10 01:10 PM

however, you have to select the correct version of the theme in order to be able to use them.

if you have the BONE STOCK boost mobile 438 loaded, then you have to use themes built for an 8330.

if you are using one of our hybrid builds, you have to use themes built for an 8500 or an 8350.
    Thanks a bunch! Good info to know!
    04-23-10 01:13 PM

Can they be 85xx themes or only ones created specifically for 8500?
    04-23-10 02:16 PM
    Ok, so I am walking to the train, see a woman collapsed on the sidewalk with people helping her and I call 911. I speak to the operator, the fire truck and ambulance show up and take her to the hospital. I look at my phone, and it says emergency call mode. I look at it a minute later and it has reset itself??????????

Anyone know what happened to my phone? Yes, I am running version 6.1 of the hybrid. It is the best one yet by the way. No facebook app though. I REALLY don't like it.

Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 05:45 PM
    ima do this when i get home tonight kuz my old hybrid is pissing me off. think its V3
    04-23-10 06:39 PM
    Nathanix 8330 Hybrid V438.7.0 coming TOMORROW!

Hybrid Update: 8330 and 9530 : Nathanix Hybrid Developer's Blog
    04-25-10 03:10 PM
    Can they be 85xx themes or only ones created specifically for 8500?
    i typed "8500" to mean 8520 or 8530. there is no "8500" device model.
    04-26-10 07:21 AM
    Nathanix 8330 Hybrid V438.7.0 coming TOMORROW!

Hybrid Update: 8330 and 9530 : Nathanix Hybrid Developer's Blog
    Yay...thanks for the heads up. Will be waiting.
    04-26-10 08:54 AM
    04-26-10 12:25 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD