Fresh off the machine...

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday your favorite hybrid developer, Happy Birthday to me! Okay, so my Birthday was actually yesterday (the big 30, ouch), and I tried to get it done for a release yesterday, but it just didn't happen. Supposedly, basketball got in the way of hybriding over the weekend according to one of your other favorite hybrid developers, but we won't hold that against him (for too long anyway). So, Nik and I kicked it in hyper-speed and finished this sucker up yesterday. Only been testing the final version for about 24 hrs, but pretty confident with it. Again, another rock solid build and a ton of file updates. We also added more apps per your requests so check those out and feel free to let us know if there are any others that you would want to see in future builds. Enjoy!

5.0.0.438-->8
    5.0.0.442-->1
    5.0.0.459-->4
    5.0.0.509-->1
    5.0.0.580-->62
    5.0.0.586-->1
    5.0.0.592-->4
    5.0.0.607-->226

Again, thank you to all of our loyal Nathanix hybrid users! We do this for you.

As always the package is pre-shrunk and if you are familiar with our hybrids you know what to do. If you are not, please visit the tutorials section to help walk you through. Make sure you follow all steps as the first question we will ask if you have trouble is, did you follow the tutorial.

Tutorials Forum Section

Bonus Files included into the Hybrid!
    Make sure you pull the files out of their folders!
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BBM 5.0.1.5 (you need a code for this to work) it is in a folder so make sure you pull the files out if you have a code
    RIM Twitter App
    BeMail
    BeBuzz
    BeWeather
    UberTwitter
    Bolt Browser 2.0
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Google Talk
    Pandora
    and more...

Nathanix 8330 Hybrid v438.6.0

THIS HYBRID WILL ONLY WORK ON A STANDARD 8330, WILL NOT WORK ON A 8330m.

Please let us know if you find any bugs. We will try to address issues as soon as we can and as best we can, but please be patient. Major issues we will address immediately, but minor issues will be included in either a maintenance build or the next hybrid. Please post the "system read.txt" file from a BBSAK or MCP system read if you have issues so that we can compare your files to what is supposed to be installed.

A huge thanks to our entire hybrid team on this thing. We could never have done it without everyone's help!
    JamesPorter (James) - Developer
    njaremka (Nik) - Developer
    mininash13 (Andrew) - Developer - When basketball does not interfere
    jstaime (JJJSA) - Tester
    Fender (Mike Schmidt) - Tester
    Phil (Phil) - Tester
    omar peroni (Omar) - Tester
    davidpjdcomps (David) - Tester
    04-08-10 10:49 AM
    Thank you so much for all the hard work your team is doing for the 8330!

This will be the third update of Nathanix's I've done (4.2 I believe, to 4.5 and now this) and it is nice to have other options aside from official updates.

I do have one problem, and I'm not sure if its just my 8330 doing it, or if its an OS thing (and it affects other users). I recently bought a Plantronics BackBeat 903, and found that they tended to get scratchy on treble sounds (snare drum, certain parts of singing, etc.). So I decided to purchase the Motorola S9-HD headphones, thinking the 903's were defective, as I want to go wireless for working out. Same problem with the scratchiness. So I figured it was a Bluetooth thing, and you can't expect good sounding audio from a wireless solution. I decided to try my girlfriends Storm 1, and sure enough, her music is crystal clear (just as the reviewers of those headsets have said!).

I'm hoping this is/was a known issue and not a physical problem with my BlackBerry.

EDIT: I should add, that the scratchiness doesn't appear to affect voice calls (from the few minutes I have used it).
    04-08-10 01:21 PM
    Thank you so much for all the hard work your team is doing for the 8330!

This will be the third update of Nathanix's I've done (4.2 I believe, to 4.5 and now this) and it is nice to have other options aside from official updates.

I do have one problem, and I'm not sure if its just my 8330 doing it, or if its an OS thing (and it affects other users). I recently bought a Plantronics BackBeat 903, and found that they tended to get scratchy on treble sounds (snare drum, certain parts of singing, etc.). So I decided to purchase the Motorola S9-HD headphones, thinking the 903's were defective, as I want to go wireless for working out. Same problem with the scratchiness. So I figured it was a Bluetooth thing, and you can't expect good sounding audio from a wireless solution. I decided to try my girlfriends Storm 1, and sure enough, her music is crystal clear (just as the reviewers of those headsets have said!).

I'm hoping this is/was a known issue and not a physical problem with my BlackBerry.

EDIT: I should add, that the scratchiness doesn't appear to affect voice calls (from the few minutes I have used it).

the bluetooth "Scratchyness" appears to be an OS thing, and there hasnt been anything we could do about about it- unfortunately.
    04-08-10 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply... so the only way to get rid of the scratchyness is to downgrade to 4.5? Or is it a known issue with that OS version too?

Do you guys know what exactly is causing it or is it still unkown? Is there anything I could do troubleshooting-wise that could help that portion of your hybrid?
    04-08-10 02:01 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply... so the only way to get rid of the scratchyness is to downgrade to 4.5? Or is it a known issue with that OS version too?

Do you guys know what exactly is causing it or is it still unkown? Is there anything I could do troubleshooting-wise that could help that portion of your hybrid?
    pretty much, yeah. i believe the issue to be part of the radio file, because in our first round of hybrids that used the 230 base radio, we had NO bluetooth audio at all. since its part of the radio file, there is nothing we can do without another upgrade from RIM. (i wouldn't hold my breath on that one.)
    04-08-10 02:12 PM
    Damn... and I was really happy with 5.0 on my Curve. I'm not totally familiar with hybrids, so please forgive my ignorance... I'm guessing that your hybrid is based partly on the 5.0 from Boost right? So' I'd be wasting my time trying that one.

The answer is probably no, but would it be possible to replace the radio file with one from a 4.5 OS? Or the only way to fix this is to completely downgrade?
    04-08-10 02:26 PM
    Damn... and I was really happy with 5.0 on my Curve. I'm not totally familiar with hybrids, so please forgive my ignorance... I'm guessing that your hybrid is based partly on the 5.0 from Boost right? So' I'd be wasting my time trying that one.

The answer is probably no, but would it be possible to replace the radio file with one from a 4.5 OS? Or the only way to fix this is to completely downgrade?
    our hybrid is using the boost mobile 438 radio file. the radio file controls how the phone handles its operations, similar to how the BIOS controls your computer. a 4.5 radio file will not work with 5.0 java files.
    04-08-10 02:50 PM
    a 4.5 radio file will not work with 5.0 java files.
    Thats what I figured. Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. If there is any troubleshooting that I could do in the future, let me know as I'd come right back to the hybrid the moment there is an updated radio file.
    04-08-10 03:19 PM
    Thats what I figured. Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. If there is any troubleshooting that I could do in the future, let me know as I'd come right back to the hybrid the moment there is an updated radio file.
    so, you're not going to load this because of bluetooth audio? thats lame

anyway, if you want to troubleshoot, load the hybrid and let us know of any problems!
    04-08-10 03:21 PM
    I'll try this new version to see how it goes. I'm still running 4.5 and that version is great as it is.

Unfortunatly, the bluetooth problem is a bit of a killer, since the audio quality is horrendous. So if I have to downgrade, I might have too... but I will still try every version that comes out.
    04-08-10 04:25 PM
    I'm loving it already! I finished loading the OS itself about 2 hrs ago, I've loaded all my apps, restored all my data and at time of posting my Uptime is 4933 seconds n my File Free is sitting at 31496460 Bytes n hasn't moved much at all so far. I haven't noticed any problems at all either, so again another work of art!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 10:11 PM
    As with every new hybrid, I wonder: Does Opera Mini 4 work properly?!

This is the ONLY application I care about, and I hate to miss out yet again on these great hybrids if it isn't working correctly.

Thanks for the work that you do.
    04-09-10 07:22 AM
    Another great hybrid thanks guys.
    04-09-10 06:21 PM
    .438 radio files sucks. My wife is still running .230 base and gets better service then I do. Will .230 radio work with .438? I not use mt bluetooth so the audio is not a big deal. Her audio for playing music is still way louder then mine too. My speaker is fine ringing and when using speaker phone it is load. Just not loud when playing music. I check all the settings, they are all the same. She get a warning when turning on the audio boost. Mine does not.

04-10-10 01:50 PM
    Great job the themes are really smooth and I like the new media interface!

04-10-10 08:09 PM
    nathan,
    i have clicked on the link for the tutorials to figure out how to install but i keep comming back to your page with the same post. any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Kimmie
    04-11-10 06:22 PM
    nathan,
    i have clicked on the link for the tutorials to figure out how to install but i keep comming back to your page with the same post. any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Kimmie
    this is the install link:
    Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - Nathanix Hybrid Installation
    04-12-10 07:17 AM
    OK, so i went from the version 5 hybrid back to 4.5.0.186. I had 36M in my Java folder prior to the install. After installing the OS, restoring the backup, and adding a few apps, i have about 38M free at boot.

How does this Hybrid compare memory wise to that and how bad is the memory leak?
    04-12-10 01:13 PM
    OK, so i went from the version 5 hybrid back to 4.5.0.186. I had 36M in my Java folder prior to the install. After installing the OS, restoring the backup, and adding a few apps, i have about 38M free at boot.

How does this Hybrid compare memory wise to that and how bad is the memory leak?
    loading the bare minimum from the hybrid file, your java folder will have about 27MB. i can load my phone with a few extras added in, and one or two apps, and boot my phone with 30-ish mb free.

OS5.0 will never have the same free memory as a comparable OS4.5 set-up. but it can be had with enough.
    04-12-10 01:49 PM
    As with every new hybrid, I wonder: Does Opera Mini 4 work properly?!

This is the ONLY application I care about, and I hate to miss out yet again on these great hybrids if it isn't working correctly.

Thanks for the work that you do.
    I second this entirely!
    *crosses fingers*
    04-12-10 04:17 PM
    I had been running a shunk down version of .230 since it was leaked. Last night I decided to install 6.0 and now when composing an email the phone locks up when I start typing in the TO: field.

Besides that 6.0 is great any input would be great.

Thanks,
    Denis
    04-12-10 04:22 PM
    Do a battery pull.
    04-13-10 02:50 AM
    That was the first thing I tried. I did a full restore of my .230 back up. Going to wipe and install tonight and do the advanced restore.

Thanks!
    04-13-10 05:51 AM
    That was the first thing I tried. I did a full restore of my .230 back up. Going to wipe and install tonight and do the advanced restore.

Thanks!
    Download the newest version v438.6.0.1, it has the "to" message line fix that you are talking of.
    04-13-10 11:00 AM
    Hi,
    Just updated to the latest and works great but one thing driving me nuts is the lockout speed dial is going to standby mode is there a way I can change the button its set to or to fix this?
    04-13-10 07:05 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD