I see more and more people joining the BL Hydrid thread asking what to do. I thought I would share my steps installing the hybrid. I hope the following is helpful.

1) Backup my 9900

2) Uninstall both the OS and Desktop Manager from my PC

3) Manually delete whatever is left in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared

4) Empty my Recycle Bin

5) Wipe my 9900 (I use BB BOSS)

6) Install the base OS and Desktop Manager onto my PC

7) Copy the Hybrid files into their respective directories

8) Delete the vendor.xml files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader & C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML directories

9) Shrink the OS (I use BB BOSS)

10) Connect my 9900 and run loader.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader directory

11) When the installation is complete I do a partial re-install using Desktop Manager

12) Configure my 9900: Setup my email accounts and re-install my apps.
    10-22-12 01:49 PM
    My version to install berrylicio.us ultimate hybrid java only

1) Uninstal all os in my laptop

2) Run CCleaner and restart laptop

3) Install your selected device

4) Delete "VENDOR.XML" using Run delvendorxml / vendelete+

5) Copy and overwriting berrylicio.us ultimate hybrid java only to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9790AllLang_v7.1.0.714_P9.16.0.158\Java

6) Shrink the OS (I use BBHTool)

7) Fully backup your blackberry with desktop manager, with radios off

8) Backup your apps using BBSAK

9) Wipe with BBSAK

10) Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe

11) Select what you need to install

12) After initial booting (Radios still OFF) then do a battery pull

13) With Radios OFF - restore your Apps Backup - then do a battery pull

14) With radios OFF - restore your Backup Data with desktop manager then do a battery pull

15) Turn your Radios/Wifi ON

16) Enjoy your new berrylicio.us ultimate hybrid
    Last edited by j4ck5_dee; 11-17-12 at 04:24 AM.
    Sator, sheldonbk and DarkHuntress like this.
    10-23-12 12:42 AM
    If your apps are originally from App World and backup your apps with BBSAK, when you reinstall will they still be shown in App World along with any updates?

Any reason you are using BBSAK instead of BBHTool for backing up the apps? What method are you using to reinstall the apps?
    10-24-12 06:33 PM
    If your apps are originally from App World and backup your apps with BBSAK, when you reinstall will they still be shown in App World along with any updates?
    correct

Any reason you are using BBSAK instead of BBHTool for backing up the apps? What method are you using to reinstall the apps?
    all the same,but I often use BBSAK.
    BBSAK - Features
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

use Modify CODs Tab then install COD (s) There you can select application whatever you want on reinstall
    10-25-12 05:08 AM
    Great thread, thanks for all the help,

Can I suggest also that you check the 1st post of the threads out for basic install instructions.
    10-25-12 10:04 AM
    There could be so many varieties based on personal preference. I use a combination of what's been suggested. I'm wondering if as a BL fan base, perhaps with BL team, we can put together an easy step by step with pics for the average person who's a little scared to take the step to hybrid but wants to benefit from how good we all say BL hybrids are.

The one thing that I'd suggest for the average person is to use BBHybrid tool lyricidal / @theiexplorers Home Page to remove the vendor files instead of looking manually. I shrink always but I have a feeling the average person wouldn't be comfortable shrinking an OS

It might also help to explain why the steps taken to restore BBM Groups properly and to include the recommended battery pull schedule and the fact that they have to be physical battery pulls.
    j4ck5_dee likes this.
    10-27-12 08:15 PM
    I have used the BBHtool to download OTA versions of applications from web sites, which is super handy; you get a folder with a .jad and all the .cod files.

Is there a way to generate the same, either from connecting to BB App World, or pulling it off the phone?

I find the most tedious task of a reinstallation is reloading all my apps, and anything I can find to simplify/streamline this task would be welcome.

I'd prefer not to use BB Desktop Manager, if possible.

edit: Well, BBHtool can pull all your apps off your phone, it creates .jad files for each application as well. Slick. The only remaining issue is that when you re-install them on the phone, BB App World doesn't know that you've re-installed them, so you won't get upgrade notifications.
    Last edited by adam-schuetze; 10-30-12 at 12:25 PM.
    10-27-12 11:35 PM
    Thanks Ed! Much appreciated.
    11-01-12 10:17 PM