Hey, I am a new member. I signed up because I had this idea for BBm and I thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thinks.

What if with the new BB devices which have front faceing cameras, can use video chat on BBM? Or why stop there, perhaps BB can offer internet calling with BBM as well. I don't know how many BBM users there are but I imagine it has to be in the millions. I think BB can easily compete with Skype with this.

What do you think? I think it would be way cool.
    01-30-12 10:01 PM
    I totally agree with you on this.

BBM is a massive communication tool for business users and youth. Video calling with BBM contacts would be a major feature and one that around 70 million people would love to see on BB10 devices! Video Chat is on the PlayBook, but I can see them combining it with BBM once more front-facing camera phones are put out.

Just throwing another awesome feature that I have been thinking about. If Blackberry is able to incorporate a Shazaam like feature into their voice search. So when you activate voice search you can just hold it up to a song and have the Blackberry detect the song, then have links beneath it to Youtube, or purchase in the Music Store!
    01-30-12 10:35 PM
    I was thinking the exact same thing! BBM could function like google talk, where you have a little video camera icon and can click it to start video chatting. For BBM groups it would be more like G+ Hangouts.

I really like BBM, it is like a mini social network, but with only people I actually care to deal with on it!
    02-02-12 07:20 PM
    Video Chat is already a reality on the PlayBook and we all know next-gen BB phones will use the same software. So, pretty much jusg need the phones now.
    02-02-12 08:15 PM
    There is already an app that works like a two-way radio over our BB phones. But, I agree, that suggested function would be best.

As posted above, I will not be surprised if the next generation BB phones have this function already.

For now, we can only wait, hope and see
    02-02-12 08:55 PM
    WEll cool. I am not alone on this. I didn't think I would be. I do not yet have a Playbook, so I didn't know it was on there. At least the new phones whould be caught up with the modern tech trends.
    02-04-12 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD