I'm down to maybe 5, but it doesn't stop me from using it eh.
    07-05-12 06:43 PM
    I keep bouncing between 35 and 45 (I just knocked four off today that I no longer wanted to chat with). At the end of the day though, does it really matter?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 06:46 PM
    I have less than 10 contacts on BBM now, but over 30 on Whats App. I keep trying to tell everyone to dl Whats App and many iPhone users tell me they want to pay the 1 dollar to do it. Some Android users tell me they don't have enough internal memory??? WTF??? And some people who are on Sprint brag about their unlimited texting plans and don't need it!

Whats App people!!! Download Whats App!!! BBM, iMessage, etc. are platform specific, why not go with a great cross platform messenger???
    07-05-12 07:21 PM
    I have 7 and they are family and a work associate who is also a great friend.

Don't really have the need for any more.
    07-05-12 07:35 PM
    I have my wife and my daughter and 2 friends from work. I love bbm is a lot better then texting, I only been a bb user for six months . Plus my wife can stay in touch with her family in Central America ( El Salvador ) with bbm, she saves on phone calls .
    Cesare21 likes this.
    07-05-12 08:39 PM
    from what i understand if you use bbm its free?? even if you chat with peeps from the u.s or other countries?? if so add me my pin is on my page
    07-05-12 11:11 PM
    One thing that always kept me with blackberry was the BBM. My contact list was full and I was part of some fun groups. Now my contact list consist of only a few people and the groups have little to no activity.

In my opinion (as much as that may be worth) I think RIM should allow other platforms to use bbm (for a fee of course) in North America. In other places it makes sense to keep bbm a blackberry only thing. Even if RIM were to regain a lot of he market share, it still won't be like it was with bbm.
    jthep likes this.
    07-05-12 11:42 PM
    One of the groups got switched over to pingme, which allows group chats. But it sucks in comparison to bbm....nothing is like bbm.
    07-05-12 11:43 PM
    I have 4 contacts, only really "BBM" with one of them.

My friends got android phones because they're cheap. One moved from a Curve to an iPhone, says he misses the keyboard.
    07-05-12 11:45 PM
    At the peak, I was at around 35 contacts. I'm at 25 right now. They're a combination of family, friends, co-workers, clients, and a few people from CB. Also part of a BBM group made up of about 10 CB members.

My Whatsapp list has grown a bit over the past year. Not as reliable as BBM and a bit of a battery hog, but it gets the job done.
    07-06-12 12:09 AM
    I think what people are now wondering is whether BBM is a relevant messaging platform in a BYOD business world.
    07-06-12 01:43 AM
    It is if you bring your own BB
    shaleem likes this.
    07-06-12 07:48 AM
    I have 23 now, only know 2 of them personally and most of them live in Toronto..I use BBM rarely, but least my list isn't empty anymore lol
    07-06-12 08:32 AM
    I have 4 contacts, only really "BBM" with one of them.

My friends got android phones because they're cheap. One moved from a Curve to an iPhone, says he misses the keyboard.
    Thats actually where I see RIM making a comeback. They just launched that $99 Curve and people do miss the keyboard. Plus there are Android owners of several brands that have not had success, LG seems to be the biggest culprit with my friends. Its cheap yea but failure prone too.
    07-06-12 10:15 AM
    At the peak, I was at around 35 contacts. I'm at 25 right now. They're a combination of family, friends, co-workers, clients, and a few people from CB. Also part of a BBM group made up of about 10 CB members.

My Whatsapp list has grown a bit over the past year. Not as reliable as BBM and a bit of a battery hog, but it gets the job done.
    I tried WhatsApp as well, I had to delete it. I tried it briefly but in the end I actually rather just SMS those people than go into WhatsApp. Though SMS is starting to bug me now as I can't stand the limit on words and I still get charged for Picture messages!

BBM is for me the best thing in terms of mobile communicating, since sliced bread.
    07-06-12 10:18 AM
    I use WhatsApp to chat with one friend who moved to Israel a couple years ago. The platform is nice, but I wish it was PIN based like BBM. LiveProfile *would* be an awesome alternative...but development has really slacked off in the last year or so. There are tons of bugs now that make it a hinderance to use. I contacted the developer, like I had in the past, and still haven't gotten a response. When LiveProfile was just up and running I'd contact the developer and get a response within minutes. BBM still trumps all other messengers, IMHO.
    07-06-12 10:36 AM
    Yeah none of my friends have BBs so I thought BBM was a nice place to chat to people. But all those here only if you're a girl really me off. Excuse my writing here. Just looking for nice people.
    07-06-12 11:25 AM
    What?

Sent from the Ether....
    07-06-12 11:36 AM
    I started with zero and I still have zero bbm contacts, lol. Im not worried about it.
    07-07-12 12:13 AM
    I use WhatsApp to chat with one friend who moved to Israel a couple years ago. The platform is nice, but I wish it was PIN based like BBM. LiveProfile *would* be an awesome alternative...but development has really slacked off in the last year or so. There are tons of bugs now that make it a hinderance to use. I contacted the developer, like I had in the past, and still haven't gotten a response. When LiveProfile was just up and running I'd contact the developer and get a response within minutes. BBM still trumps all other messengers, IMHO.
    I had been in BBM groups. I've kept in touch with many of my group friends since they and I have installed WhatsApp. The group function works well, and we are able to share pictures.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-07-12 12:18 AM
    I had about 17 or 18 BBM contacts about two years ago or so - all friends, co-workers and family. Today, I have three. All the others have moved to other platforms. It is going to be a real struggle for RIM to get all these folks back....
    07-07-12 12:22 AM
    i got 120 bbm contacts

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-07-12 12:23 AM
    i have deleted my bbm app
    07-07-12 12:54 AM
    Pretty soon I'll be talking to myself.
    Had 30 contacts for ages, now its less then 10 as everyone's switched platforms.

Anyone experiencing this?
    LOL, really? Seriously, I am the polar opposite of a social or chatty person, but in the last three months I've had to cull my BBM contacts twice. I don't have time for many personal contacts. My business related contacts have continued to grow. I honestly don't see how people can keep 100+ contacts active, not if you have a life, job or family Go to the pin share forums and you'll see it's as active as ever.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 07-07-12 at 02:24 AM.
    07-07-12 02:16 AM
    What's wrong with Whatsapp? It's not a battery hog.

I use WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    07-07-12 02:55 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD