Pretty soon I'll be talking to myself.
    Had 30 contacts for ages, now its less then 10 as everyone's switched platforms.

Anyone experiencing this?
    07-05-12 08:23 AM
    I've got 0. I no longer know anyone that uses a BB.
    07-05-12 08:30 AM
    Only people that do not add anyone else to their BBM contact list.

People are not going to guess your PIN. You have to put it out there, or ask people for theirs.

07-05-12 08:33 AM
    I went from 1 in 2007 when my wife and I both got the Pearl 8100, to 0 in 2009 when she got the iPhone 3G.

I've been at 0 ever since.
    07-05-12 08:34 AM
    Only people that do not add anyone else to their BBM contact list.

People are not going to guess your PIN. You have to put it out there, or ask people for theirs.
    When virtually nobody has a BlackBerry here, how can I ask them for their non-existent PIN? Lol.
    phonejunky likes this.
    07-05-12 08:58 AM
    When virtually nobody has a BlackBerry here, how can I ask them for their non-existent PIN? Lol.

Great thing about BBM is that you do not have to be right beside them, or even in the same city. There are many services and websites that offer the ability to post your PIN (or partial PIN) and have members from the same site ask permission to add you, then you have the choice of having the person view your PIN and then they can add you normally. People from the forums? Idk. There are many ways of getting your PIN out there or adding people.

Sent from the Ether....
    07-05-12 09:03 AM
    That's fine if you're the type of person who'll chat up with anybody and everybody across the globe. But not for those of us who prefer to be that sociable with just family and friends that we like to physically hang with as well. And even then, we just end up actually talking on the phone with them anyway.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-05-12 10:32 AM
    That's fine if you're the type of person who'll chat up with anybody and everybody across the globe. But not for those of us who prefer to be that sociable with just family and friends that we like to physically hang with as well. And even then, we just end up actually talking on the phone with them anyway.
    well then u really cant complain about the situation lol. it will be that way at least until RIMputs out BB10....and mayb even afterwards.

I have 20+ contacts on my bbm....i personally know probably 3 of them lol.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    07-05-12 10:39 AM
    Just join a BBM chat group or three. Same interests. Have things to chat about. However weird it seems to have loads of contacts on BBM, it's nowhere as strange as having BBM and moaning there is no one on their contact list*

You and CatlinFD need to exchange PINs.

* Directed at those who use BBM, cause not everyone does.
    07-05-12 11:28 AM
    While my family category has decreased somewhat as they have gone to other platforms, I still have many contacts in my BBM list and find I can add a few here and there almost every week. Through meeting people online who share the same interest or become business contacts.

But that's just me, I don't mind putting my pin out there sometimes. It's not everyone cup of tea but there are still many people here with BBM pins.
    07-05-12 11:37 AM
    I've only used BBM with a few colleagues, friends, and famly. I had a high of 12 BBM contacts at one time.

I deleted BBM from my 9810 when the last of those contacts -- my wife -- dumped her own 9810 for an iPhone 4S a few months ago.

I no longer know anyone -- colleagues, friends, or family -- who use a BB.
    07-05-12 12:10 PM
    My girlfriend was the last person I had on BBM, she moved on to the Samsung S3, so now I have no BBM Contacts.
    07-05-12 12:23 PM
    Pretty soon I'll be talking to myself.
    Had 30 contacts for ages, now its less then 10 as everyone's switched platforms.

Anyone experiencing this?
    Yes, for a while. I have 3 left on mine and even those I tend to text now. All my other friends have switched.
    07-05-12 12:26 PM
    I have zero BBM contacts

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 12:48 PM
    i have over 150 contacs... and i know all of em except maybe 2 or 3
    07-05-12 12:56 PM
    i have over 150 contacs... and i know all of em except maybe 2 or 3
    What country do you live in?
    07-05-12 01:05 PM
    I've lost one contact.

He's the happy owner of my iPhone 4S now. Sent it to him last Saturday and he's been playing with it since Tuesday, when he got it.

Other than that, my family and loved ones are primarily on my BB contact list. I only put loved ones there anyway. And very select friends...who would also qualify as loved ones.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-05-12 01:15 PM
    That's Australians, which like to follow the US trends even more closely then Canadians. Be your own person and not one of the sheep that Australia is famous for (wonder where NZ sits in all of this?)

I have 36 contacts. I did once get a message from some clown saying he was switching over to iPhone and would no longer be able to contact him on BBM, but could use whatsapp or something. I said, thanks, but no thanks and have a nice life.....
    07-05-12 01:21 PM
    I have 36 contacts. I did once get a message from some clown saying he was switching over to iPhone and would no longer be able to contact him on BBM, but could use whatsapp or something. I said, thanks, but no thanks and have a nice life.....
    A slight problem of adding random people from the internet or even locals on BBM as "chat buddies". You end up with fake "friends" that you don't give a crap about.
    itsyaboy and shaleem like this.
    07-05-12 01:42 PM
    I had about 70 contacts.. daily BBM'ed with probably around 10 contacts.. Now I've got 29 contacts.. daily use only 3. Don't see the use of finding contacts online whom I have never met. Why would I? If I want to meet new people, I'd rather do it in real life!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-12 01:47 PM
    It used to be that my BBM list was all my coworkers. Now we've all switched to iPhones. We have the choice at work for a company provided iPhone or a company provided BlackBerry. No one has chosen the BlackBerry. iMessage works just fine.
    07-05-12 01:47 PM
    I know everyone of my 36 contacts.
    07-05-12 03:04 PM
    It used to be that my BBM list was all my coworkers. Now we've all switched to iPhones. We have the choice at work for a company provided iPhone or a company provided BlackBerry. No one has chosen the BlackBerry. iMessage works just fine.
    God Bless You. Maybe you need to go over to the other site where iZealots reside. You seem to enjoy a little bashing. Remember, Apple is a religion.
    07-05-12 03:18 PM
    God Bless You. Maybe you need to go over to the other site where iZealots reside. You seem to enjoy a little bashing. Remember, Apple is a religion.
    My wife and my best friend both have iPhones. I suppose they're "iZealots" in a cult, too, eh?

Edit: I mean my wife and my second best friend -- my wife is my best friend. Hello, honey!
    07-05-12 03:31 PM
    My wife and my best friend both have iPhones. I suppose they're "iZealots" in a cult, too, eh?

Edit: I mean my wife and my second best friend -- my wife is my best friend. Hello, honey!
    wow! somebody was about to sleep in the doghouse tonight...
    shaleem likes this.
    07-05-12 05:32 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD