First no it is not hidden. About a week ago I attempted to upgrade from .81 to 110 (yea yea beta I know) and had a **** of a time to get any version back to my phone and when I finally did I lost my BB Messenger and Maps. Not a big deal cause I don't use either often but sometimes I do and I would like to have them back. I have installed .102 and neither program shows still. I can't find the map program on blackberry site and messenger won't load for 4.5. Any ideas?
    12-21-08 08:57 PM
    Open DM, app loader, put a check mark back in BBM, then proceed.
    12-21-08 09:00 PM
    They aren't there. Even after installing .102.
    12-21-08 10:47 PM
    you will need to uninstall the beta os from your computer then REBOOT. Then once your system has rebooted install a "released" os and use DM to upgrade. As stated above you will still need to make sure the apps, languages are selected or deselected to your liking before you proceed with the os install. I would recommend the jl commander app to do the upgrade but if you don't know what you're doing you can brick your phone. Search for a how to for jl commander here at cb. Good luck.
    12-21-08 11:29 PM
    Even when I did a fresh dl of the os from the tmobile site there was no bbm or maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 09:55 AM
    You can download it here
    12-22-08 10:05 AM
    That link is only for 4.0 and 4.1. It won't download to 4.5 at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 10:14 AM
    Did you download 4.5 or do a reinstall of the application onto your pc after you redownloaded? The OS has to be installed to the pc after DM is installed. If the OS does not show up in DM once you have your device connected try disconnecting your PC from the internet before you open DM.

Just an idea.
    12-22-08 10:28 AM
    I have been hearing reports of issues with BBM not being available after an upgrade. It does not appear in the Application Loader menu for selection.

The definitive test, navigate to:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\device OS\java

Are the two files net_rim_bb_qq_peer.cod and net_rim_bb_peer_resource.cod in the directory?

If not, roll back to a production version.
    12-22-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD