Can anyone advise why out of the blue my BBM, my SMS, and my call log get erased. I have gotten 2 mew phones and Sprint techies have no idea what the issue is. I am not sure if this is common and if there is a quick fix for this. can somebody help......
    07-09-09 10:25 AM
    How much memory do you have free?
    07-09-09 10:28 AM
    30000000 Free
    07-09-09 10:32 AM
    can anyone help me with this issue?
    Do you use a memory card?
    07-09-09 04:45 PM
    Do you use a memory card?
    I'm curious about this question. I'm experiencing BBM dumps (but no text or call log dumps) and have been for quite some time and it's driving me NUTS. Like the OP I have plenty of memory left (never under 20 M). I had come to the conclusion that it seemed to happen when I was taxing the processor. If I'm doing lots of stuff and really pushing it, that's when the BBMs dump. If I have 2 or 3 additional apps open (above and beyond the normal ones) sometimes i can't even finish typing a BBM before it dumps.

What's weird is that with me, it won't dump new messages I haven't yet read. It only dumps when there is history. But it will dump before I know if the recipient got it.

OP: I'm not trying to detract from your issue...just trying to give some information around my issue which sounds like it could be the same...I'm intrigued by why it might matter if we have a memory card installed.

In my case the answer is yes. 16 gig.
    07-09-09 08:17 PM
    I'm curious about this question. I'm experiencing BBM dumps (but no text or call log dumps) and have been for quite some time and it's driving me NUTS. Like the OP I have plenty of memory left (never under 20 M). I had come to the conclusion that it seemed to happen when I was taxing the processor. If I'm doing lots of stuff and really pushing it, that's when the BBMs dump. If I have 2 or 3 additional apps open (above and beyond the normal ones) sometimes i can't even finish typing a BBM before it dumps.
    While you're taxing the processor like that and running mulitple apps, it takes
    a toll at that moment on your memory.

The reason why new messages aren't deleted and not old ones is because
    they delete based on "Priority" the older the message, the less priortized it is.
    Just the way the phones are programmed.
    07-09-09 08:20 PM
    While you're taxing the processor like that and running mulitple apps, it takesa toll at that moment on your memory. The reason why new messages aren't deleted and not old ones is because they delete based on "Priority" the older the message, the less priortized it is.Just the way the phones are programmed
    With BBMs it's the entire conversation that disappears. But if I received something I haven't read yet while taxing the processor it won't. So is my theory that taxing the processor can result in dumps feasible? I have no idea, reaching at straws, and already determined it's not 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 05:38 AM
    Yes i do use a memory card.
    07-10-09 08:57 AM
    I do have a memory card and it happends at it seems it is happening, at the point that i get 2 messages at once. Is there a way to avoid losing all my info?

Thanks
    07-10-09 09:00 AM
    With BBMs it's the entire conversation that disappears. But if I received something I haven't read yet while taxing the processor it won't. So is my theory that taxing the processor can result in dumps feasible? I have no idea, reaching at straws, and already determined it's not 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i agree, unopened BBM's stay there until i read it, close out, then it disappears... if i take out he battery bbm's will last maybe a full day, depending on how much the phone is used, but with no reset daily, the bbm's get cleared several times per day.

needless to say this is quite annoying. 18,000,000 free, 4 gig media card with all pics, mp3's, tones on it... i dont know whats going on?!?!?
    07-21-09 03:06 PM
    Apparently no one does. I now have a Tour, and aside from the lousy battery life I'm mostly happy. The battery life is a serious disappointment, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed future OS updates will improve it. I also think I may just need to keep it on a charger all night (didn't have to do that with my Curve so I guess I was spoiled).
    07-27-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD