How do I keep my music playing while I get bbm messages and sms. I'm pretty sure that my music use to keep playing and all of a sudden it stops every time i get a sms.
    Any insight? thanks in advance!
    04-04-10 02:11 PM
    If the phone is set to make an alert sound then it will pause your media to do so. Personally when I'm streaming music in the car I set it to the phone call only profile to keep things playing. Or keeping it on vibrate works too.
    04-04-10 02:20 PM
    I always set my phone to vibrate or silent when I'm listening to music or streaming videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 02:29 PM
    Those are very helpful responses and valid answers. Two notes though. My music keeps used to keep playing and i would just hear the alert. It changed all of a sudden one day. Second, I do like hearing the alert while Im listening to music, because then i dont have to check the screen of my phone every couple minutes like a crackberry addict!
    thanks for the responses!
    04-06-10 07:19 AM
    +1 on vibrate.
    04-06-10 08:34 AM
    Those are very helpful responses and valid answers. Two notes though. My music keeps used to keep playing and i would just hear the alert. It changed all of a sudden one day. Second, I do like hearing the alert while Im listening to music, because then i dont have to check the screen of my phone every couple minutes like a crackberry addict!
    thanks for the responses!
    Did you recently upgrade to a newer OS? My alerts have always paused my music when they come in, then the music continues after the alert has played.

Maybe that's a 9700 feature but I've never heard of the tone playing over the music.
    04-06-10 11:52 AM
    This is one of the great features of having a GSM Blackberry as oppose to a CDMA Blackberry. CDMA Blackberries can't play music and alerts simultaneously. I learned this the hard way when I switched from a 9000 on ATT to the 9630 on Verizon. I'm not sure why your 9700 would stop working in that way unless it was an OS issue.
    04-06-10 02:13 PM
    Ah, did not know that. Thanks Slap.
    04-06-10 02:49 PM
    I've learned to put my phone on silent when I listen to my music. Since I use BerryBuzz I can tell based on LED color what kind of alert has come in without touching my device, so I know if it's worth while to check.

Interestingly, used to when listening to Pandora it would pause to alert, then pick back up with the song, but now it doesn't. That could be due to an OS update, however.
    04-06-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD