Apologies if this has been answered before. I can't find it if it has.

I have an 8820 provided to me by work. Its calendar is wirelessly sync'd with my work Exchange (ugh) calendar via BES. I would like to also have access to my Google Calendar, but I don't want to mix the two together. I'm pretty sure that if I use Google Calendar Sync, it will place all my gCal events in my sole existing BB calendar, which will then get sync'd back to my work Exchange server, which I don't want to happen.

In looking around for a solution to this problem, I noticed that the BB calendar app apparently has support for multiple calendars. I, however, only have one. Is there some way for me to create a new calendar in the BB calendar app and have gCal Sync write changes to that separate calendar? Or, alternately, move my Exchange calendar to the new calendar, leaving the original for gCal?

I know I can access my Google Calendar at m.google.com/calendar (or whatever the URL is), but it appears to be read-only. Well, I think you can add new events, but I want to be able to edit events.

Generally, though, I just want read/write access to my Google Calendar from the BB and I don't really care how. Multiple calendars, CalDAV, gCal Sync, a separate app: whatever. I just don't want my two calendars to get mixed together.
    07-23-09 12:55 PM
    Calendars are tied to email accounts. You need to add a second email account in order to get a second calendar.
    07-23-09 02:30 PM
    I'd also like to know the answer to this.
    I don't see any way to specify which (email account) calendar the Google Sync dumps its data into.
    07-23-09 03:03 PM
    I dropped my BES i while back so i dont remember if it pulled my gmail stuff into my exchange server. On the blackberry the calendar application has them show up in different colors for each of the calendars, when you are making an event on the phone you have to just specify which calendar you want to add it to, or if you want to add to only the gmail you can set it as default by going to Options- Advanced- Default services
    07-23-09 03:08 PM
    second mail acc must bee added to get new calendar...
    07-25-09 12:28 AM
    I added a second email account, my gmail account, via the "Personal Email Set Up" application. This did create a second calendar in the Calendar app. When I ran Google Sync again, it synced to the new calendar. I have no idea how it selected that one, but the email addresses do match.

Now I have to figure out how to prevent delivery of my gmail to the blackberry. I already have the Gmail app, which is a thousand times better than the stupid BlackBerry mail application. I already hid the icon.
    07-30-09 01:02 PM
    Well, I found no good way to prevent my Gmail from being delivered. It was even showing up in my regular mail app. So that was a bust....

Maybe I should set up a new gmail account, set the gmail filters to delete everything, share my gmail calendar with it, and google sync to that. Tidy :/

I really hate my Blackberry.
    07-30-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD