I just transitioned from a BB Bold (OS 5.0) to a BB Curve 9360 (OS 7.0).

On my Bold, I used the Today theme/layout which showed a preview of my new/unread email messages and upcoming calendar meetings on the Home Screen.

But on my Curve w/ OS 7.0, I cannot get such a preview. On the home screen, I can only get a message notification, and then I have to go into messages to see them. Is there a way to have a preview new messages and upcoming calendar events on the home screen? I searched for a few themes but couldn't find anything.
    06-05-12 09:54 AM
    You must have had a preview theme or today view theme back on OS 5.0. This feature is not yet available on OS 7.0 because the theme builder has not been releases yet. Here is a good third party app to check out though: Email++.
    Last edited by dustanh; 06-05-12 at 10:42 AM.
    FuzzSummit likes this.
    06-05-12 10:25 AM
    You must have had a preview theme or today view them back on OS 5.0. This feature is not yet available on OS 7.0 because the theme builder has not been releases yet.
    Correct, I had the Today theme back on 5.0. It is annoying not to have the preview functionality on my new phone, since the first things I want to see when I look at it are any new messages and any upcoming tasks/events. Having to navigate to see that information is not very functional, but I guess I'll just have to wait. Thanks for the info.
    06-05-12 10:34 AM
    Yeah I hear you. But I have gotten over for now. Check out the app link I posted and it should help you out. Another one I use in addition to it is: iMazing. This allows for a quick mark as read, delete, or save.
    06-05-12 10:46 AM
    Check out the app link I posted and it should help you out.
    Just did -- it's better than the default no-preview feature(!), so thanks for that.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    06-05-12 11:20 AM
    I just transitioned from a BB Bold (OS 5.0) to a BB Curve 9360 (OS 7.0).

On my Bold, I used the Today theme/layout which showed a preview of my new/unread email messages and upcoming calendar meetings on the Home Screen.

But on my Curve w/ OS 7.0, I cannot get such a preview. On the home screen, I can only get a message notification, and then I have to go into messages to see them. Is there a way to have a preview new messages and upcoming calendar events on the home screen? I searched for a few themes but couldn't find anything.
    hi . can you not highlight the notification area then click trackpad to see preview of calendar events and email messagesif you have new ones? I can on my 9810 with OS7
    06-22-12 11:44 AM
    hi . can you not highlight the notification area then click trackpad to see preview of calendar events and email messagesif you have new ones? I can on my 9810 with OS7
    That's kind of the issue -- with OS7, I have to first navigate to the notification area and then click it to see a preview of unread messages + upcoming events. With my old one, I didn't have to do any of that -- it was all available right on my home screen and did not require any navigation or clicking.
    06-25-12 10:05 AM
    09-21-13 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD