I had a bunch of videos that were playing fine before I updated to OS 6. Does blackberry no longer support the mp4 format?

I can hear the sound perfectly fine, and the video file isn't corrupt because when I move it on to my pc it works fine. The error message I get is this:

The video portion of the media being played uses an unsupported format.
    02-16-11 12:54 AM
    I had a bunch of videos that were playing fine before I updated to OS 6. Does blackberry no longer support the mp4 format?

I can hear the sound perfectly fine, and the video file isn't corrupt because when I move it on to my pc it works fine. The error message I get is this:

I know that the mp4 vids work on OS6 because they work on my phone. Maybe if you move everything off your storage card on to your computer, format the card in the phone and move everything back, it would clear up?

I mean, I never had to do that BUT it's the only thing I can think of. OS6 has a different way of organizing the media as you can tell.
    02-16-11 06:32 AM
    I was curious of this as well, since my upgrade to OS6 there are I unable to view some videos on youtube. I get the same message saying unsupported format so I then messaged a couple of the people on youtube that I'm subscribed to and they said they have not changed their format. I was really hoping that OS6 would have supported flash player but no such luck
    02-16-11 06:17 PM
    I have the same problem in my device also..when I open a wmv vide file format I can only hear the sound without any picture of it and the notification is just like you write

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 04:04 AM
    I know that the mp4 vids work on OS6 because they work on my phone. Maybe if you move everything off your storage card on to your computer, format the card in the phone and move everything back, it would clear up?

I mean, I never had to do that BUT it's the only thing I can think of. OS6 has a different way of organizing the media as you can tell.
    Thanks, I'll give this a try and see what happens.
    02-17-11 11:23 AM
    yeah if theres a fix or work around id like to know as well
    02-17-11 11:29 AM
    Hello,

I have a similar issue when downloading podcasts using the Blackberry Podcast App.

Streaming the video casts is fine. But if I download them and try to play them it won't work. Saying unsupported file type. When I goto 'explore' the drive I can see the file as an audio icon and under properties it is listed as an audio file.

This is brutal, because I can't download the video podcasts to watch later. I can only stream them. And with a 500mb limit I can't be streaming them outside of my wifi.

Are any of you guys having a similar issue?
    05-12-11 07:33 AM

I have the same problem. Mp4 vids will not play on my 9800 since I updated to os6. Also, since I updated, I cannot have more than two browser tabs open at a time, and some web pages give me: "the page is too large to display, we are closing it," and the browser shuts down. Os6 is eating up all my memory, the device is running very slowly since I did the update. I've tried reloading the update with the same results...

08-11-11 06:56 AM
    I have the same problem. Mp4 vids will not play on my 9800 since I updated to os6. Also, since I updated, I cannot have more than two browser tabs open at a time, and some web pages give me: "the page is too large to display, we are closing it," and the browser shuts down. Os6 is eating up all my memory, the device is running very slowly since I did the update. I've tried reloading the update with the same results...

Huh? The 9800 never had anything except OS6.
    08-18-11 11:02 PM
    This is driving me crazy! Has there ever be any solution to this problem?? There's not even one solution on the whole damn internet!! My video files were working on my Torch until recently. And don't know why or when, audio works and video gives me that error.

Even downloaded Mobiola player to see if it will work. Didn't work. Also, the video thumbnail also isn't showing anymore like it used to.

09-07-11 10:13 AM
    Have the same problem people, does anyone have a fix for this? Just sound and no video. I might reinstall the old os if i can. Stupid thing kept telling me to update so i finally did and wow!!!
    10-06-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD