I just got my first Blackberry and I picked up the Tour. I love this thing and I'm still trying to figure everything out on it. I have searched and searched and I can't find any threads on my issue. I am on Verizon and I have a few friends on AT&T and I'm trying to use the messenger with them and it's not working. I have entered their PIN and it just says that it is pending. I gave them my PIN and they can't seem to enter it or get it to work from their end. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I figured it would be possible to use the BBM between other carriers as long as it was going from Blackberry to Blackberry. Thanks
    09-06-09 05:21 AM
    I've had this problem with BBM as well. Delete the pending requests and try again. Or, have them add youf rom their end. You can also try to add them based on their email address(as long as it is sent to their phone). I'm sure someone can identify the cause of this, but I just know it is annoying and I've worked around it in the past. You can use BBM with ANY carrier.
    09-06-09 06:13 AM
    You can BBM with anyone that has a blackberry no matter the carrier, try to do it again, and you will receive a message right after you add him, just click on skip this step and that is it, also try to download the leak version of the new BBM, in which you no longer need to type in the pin #, just have to scan it.
    Here is the link
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    09-06-09 06:32 AM
    What about other verizon bbm contacts do they work? If not maybe its service book related?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 07:55 AM
    BBM works on all carriers.
    09-06-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD