Are there any applications I can install and use that will allow me to real-time message with a non blackberry phone using data not sms/text messages. I have unlimited data and so does my wife, but she does not have a blackberry (otherwise we would use BBM). I want to know if there are any messaging application I can use that send messages via data so we dont get charged for texts... I know about ebuddy, but I was hoping there was some application that we can download on the phone, and not need to go on the web and log in every time.
    thanks in advance everyone!
    09-24-08 12:52 PM
    Yahoo Instant Messenger uses data not SMS...
    09-24-08 12:53 PM
    Thanks!!! can yahoo messenger be added to the blackberry as an application... like, just get message notifications on my phone while not internet browsing... or do you need to login over the internet
    09-24-08 01:09 PM
    Thanks!!! can yahoo messenger be added to the blackberry as an application... like, just get message notifications on my phone while not internet browsing... or do you need to login over the internet
    Go to Yahoo.com and get the app download sent to your Berry. You login/logout thru the device. Not bad for a free application. It sounds like this is what you are looking for...
    09-24-08 01:24 PM
    Severe Deceit... you have been SOOO helpful. Thanks a bunch. I have one more annoying questions.... if I did not have the data plan and just used wifi, would i have any trouble using yahoo messenger?
    09-24-08 01:34 PM
    Severe Deceit... you have been SOOO helpful. Thanks a bunch. I have one more annoying questions.... if I did not have the data plan and just used wifi, would i have any trouble using yahoo messenger?
    That I do not know. I do not have Wi-Fi on my device but, I am sure someone will see this thread and be able to answer it. Let us know how you like Yahoo IM, it is nice...
    09-24-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD