I've read some threads in this forum that the Leaked Os 6 for the Bold 9650 suffers a memory leak issue, what do you think about this? Do you experience memory leaks with the leaked Os 6?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 08:16 AM
    Might want to check here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-547972/
    11-19-10 08:34 AM
    Yes, yes and yes! I agree and I have it and its maddening! But there is nothing that has worked for me yet to cure it either!

I've read some threads in this forum that the Leaked Os 6 for the Bold 9650 suffers a memory leak issue, what do you think about this? Do you experience memory leaks with the leaked Os 6?

11-19-10 09:20 AM
    Yes, yes and yes! I agree and I have it and its maddening! But there is nothing that has worked for me yet to cure it either!

Not everyone has leak issues; however, those that do are having little luck in identifying the source of the leak. I don't have any leaks and many others don't as well.

Best advice is try it and see if you have a problem and decide how to punt if you do.
    11-19-10 10:16 AM
    I have 0 leaks running .333 best OS I have ever had so far
    11-19-10 10:53 AM
    I have 0 leaks running .333 best OS I have ever had so far
    Same here. This os is A+. Best yet.
    11-19-10 11:02 AM
    I've found that I have no memory leaks within the first 12 hours or so of using the device, but then once I get much later into the day I get bad memory leaks of 12+ MB. Nothing a soft reset won't fix though.
    11-19-10 11:11 AM
    I've found that I have no memory leaks within the first 12 hours or so of using the device, but then once I get much later into the day I get bad memory leaks of 12+ MB. Nothing a soft reset won't fix though.
    That's a good point. I haven't noticed any real big memory leaks either, but lately it seems I'm doing a battery pull at least once a day due to an install or upgrade or whatnot. Will have to keep an eye on it. So far, I have experienced a couple random reboots, like after using the camera, but overall I'm happy with this release. Still not perfect, but it's getting there.
    11-19-10 11:25 AM
    This is the worst OS i've had my leaks were 50MB+ according to MeterBerry, it always lagged and could open any profile pic on BBM without the annoying clock making me wait minutes, even when i did a Factory Reset, then wipe and did a selective restore it was always the same, best OS i've had was the Willyboy8.1 which is a hybrid with the 6.0.0.294 from 9780, i get around 1MB leak after 3 days of constant use and recovers it fast, battery life is awesome and all.

I really dont understand what happens with that .333, but seems like some other people is having nice results with it, not me though.
    11-19-10 12:01 PM
    I ran .333 for a period starting right after it leaked, not issues whatever. I have been running the .357 hybrid for a few days with the same results. I've been up for almost 18 hours since installing an app, and have lost .7MB. This has been normal for me, I have not lost more than about 3 or 4MBs even after running for many days since installing BB6.
    11-19-10 01:15 PM
    I haven't had any issues that I know of what exactly is a memory leak and how can I tell if its affecting my phone?

11-19-10 01:35 PM
    I was losing like 10+ a day too, but I uninstalled a few apps I didnt need, and now its stable. I think they were: ups launcher, fedex launcher, xscreen app, sprints nascar app, intune radio and a couple others I think....maybe one of those might be the culprit?
    11-19-10 01:41 PM
    I just installed .333 on mine last night, and it went from about 226 MB to 203 MB now... Is there going to be an end to this? Or will I just have to restart every day? I haven't tried that yet, but it's annoying.
    11-19-10 02:39 PM
    ive ran all of the OS6 leaks and my memory always sits at around -.04 to -1.1. Never really had any problems. If I got rid of socialscope it would stay at like -.04 for days. Equilvalent to all of the OS5 releases for me so I'm happy
    11-19-10 02:47 PM
    I don't have the Socialfeed or whatever on mine. And I did a restart and it's back to 227MB, so that's good. Otherwise everything has been pretty stable.
    11-19-10 03:00 PM
    I've got pretty rough battery/memory leaks on 333, but despite that it still runs better than 280. And it's not like I ever don't have my laptop available to plug it in and charge it for an hour or so.
    11-19-10 04:42 PM
    I don't have the Socialfeed or whatever on mine. And I did a restart and it's back to 227MB, so that's good. Otherwise everything has been pretty stable.
    You have leaks like I do. Mine drops 32 MB while I'm sleeping and the phone is charging!
    I have to reboot at least three times a day as it drains memory down 30+ MB at a time and I need to reboot to bring it back up.
    Disgusting! OS6...not ready for primetime, IF YOU ASK ME!!!
    11-19-10 05:37 PM
    When do you think the Official OS 6 for Verizon and Sprint would be released?

11-19-10 06:15 PM
    You have leaks like I do. Mine drops 32 MB while I'm sleeping and the phone is charging!
    I have to reboot at least three times a day as it drains memory down 30+ MB at a time and I need to reboot to bring it back up.
    Disgusting! OS6...not ready for primetime, IF YOU ASK ME!!!
    Eeeeek, that's rough. It isn't a huge issue since I can just restart and everything is normal, but still a bother. The fact that the startup time is faster helps. I really don't feel like downgrading back to 5.0, so I guess I'm stuck with this till an official release! And who knows when that would be with US Cell...
    11-19-10 07:11 PM
    I have been running 333 since day one and leak maybe 1mb every day or two.

11-19-10 08:52 PM
    When do you think the Official OS 6 for Verizon and Sprint would be released?

i too want to know the answer to this question
    11-20-10 03:36 PM
    I have been running 333 since day one and leak maybe 1mb every day or two.

Obviously we have very different phone hardware. Mine must be faulty and yours obviously is not.
    I have tried straight 333, hybrid 333/357 and now am on WIllyboy's 280/294.
    Time will tell on that one but there is still memory dropping.

No apps, all apps, only one app at a time, I have tried it all.
    Other than go back to OS5 where I had no problems, I am at a loss.
    11-20-10 05:00 PM
    i too want to know the answer to this question
    Unfortunately not until they get good and ready.

11-20-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD