Hi,
    I recently installed newest OS and I do not have Memo pad on screen anymore...Someone please let me know how to add memo pad on screen?
    Thanks
    09-17-07 06:09 PM
    was the new OS 4.x
    09-18-07 08:59 PM
    Is it just hidden?

Go to the Icon Screen / press in wheel / show all - it might just pop up!
    09-18-07 09:05 PM
    Also, go to phone / menu / options / dial from home screen - turn it off. Now, from the main screen press D, does it to you to notepad / memopad?
    09-19-07 04:41 AM
    ok I just had to do this myself open up your desktop manager and then app loader, there you will see a list of things that you can either delete or install check the box where the memo pad is located if it says install then simply click next....if not then reinstall the os and repeat that should take care of your issue!!
    12-30-07 01:32 PM
    Thanks for your help. I lost everything during the update. Had taken my Storm to Verizon for another minor issue and was asked if I would like them to update me while I was there. Got home to discover my calendar, contacts, well, basically everything was wiped clean. Yikes! Back I went. The "tech's" reply, "Uh....geez, I don't know what happened. It's not supposed to do that." Well, Genius, it did.

Turns out I didn't have anything backed up on my DM. I thought that data was backed up when I was syncing. Turns out no. So I've spent a fun, fun day emailing folks asking for their contact information. The recliner is molded to my rear after sitting in it all day adding info.

Then I started looking...Oh, great! Where's my notepad??? Thanks to you, I was able to get that back - sans any of my previously saved notes, of course. That would have been too easy!
    11-08-09 05:51 PM
    Did you perform a sync afterwards? I just used apploader to load memo pad back on. I them performed a sync and i have all my previous memos back!
    12-29-09 11:48 PM
    Is the date stamp wrong, or did it take this guy 2 years to reply? Holy cow...
    12-30-09 01:25 AM
    My MemoPad doesnt show up to add to the BB when adding applications....why?
    01-08-10 06:17 PM
    All, Have read this thread and after upgrading to 5.x os and wiping my BB to get back to default setup I cannot find my memopad and task applications. I have tried all these measures mentioned here to no affect.

btw - use a bb enterprise server

strange thing is if i go into desktop mananger. only thing i see in the application loader is my email application. I do not see memopad or task to check and install/reinstall.

any thoughts? very frustrated.
    01-15-10 09:29 AM
    Yeah it would help if someone has and could host a memopad-java.alx & tasks-java.alx
    01-26-10 12:55 PM
    Ok i didnt read everything so idk if someone said it. But how did you downlaod the OS was it a hybrid or full? also you can just use shrink a OS and put it back on. Thats the easiest way. OR you can go to AppLoader and it'll recgnize everything, what you have and don't. WHat you don't have there(memopad) you can just check it off. And it will install it.
    01-26-10 06:03 PM
    Had the same problem. upgraded my Storm OS to 5.0, which wiped everything out (as expected). But after getting everything running again, I noticed that memopad and tasks are missing.

I clicked "show all" but still can't find these apps in any folder.

I connected to DM -> application loader -> add/remove applications but could not find these apps listed anywhere!

Any other suggestions?
    01-28-10 01:04 PM
    Ok I solved the problem

1. Go to Blackberry's support website, and download the latest OS update to your PC. For me, I had to go through Verizon Wireless to grab the OS 5 upgrade for my Storm 9530:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

2. Install the OS update file on your PC (ie. run the install program, and it will set up the BB DM for you).

3. After doing that, I connected my BB to the PC, ran DM, and went to App Loader and behold! All the missing core apps are now there.

4. You can now use the App Loader and check off all the missing apps you want to restore (I checked Memo and Tasks). Install, and you're good to go!
    01-28-10 02:09 PM
    This message is for Tarrant1701. What did you do differently when you were successful the 2nd time around?

This happened to me a year ago when I turned my pearl 8110 in for servicing. They upgraded my software (for FREE) but I lost both task list and memo pad. When I phoned them, they said to connect to my DM at home and I should be able to load them from Application Loader but, like you, I noticed they were not available to add. So, I brought it back to the service centre and they couldn't figure it out. I told them not to hand it back to me until they had it figured out so.... a week later, they gave me a new phone.

It happened again yesterday. I brought my pearl 8110 in for servicing (needed new charger connection inside the phone) and THEY upgraded my software for me (again, for FREE - oh goody!). Lost my task list and memo pad (boo!).
    03-17-10 01:24 AM
    All, Have read this thread and after upgrading to 5.x os and wiping my BB to get back to default setup I cannot find my memopad and task applications. I have tried all these measures mentioned here to no affect.

btw - use a bb enterprise server

strange thing is if i go into desktop mananger. only thing i see in the application loader is my email application. I do not see memopad or task to check and install/reinstall.

any thoughts? very frustrated.
    I'm also on the exchange server. Can't find the memo pad or notes. Please help!
    03-26-10 06:04 PM
    I had the same issue, also on a 9630 Tour. I had to downgrade the desktop software from 5.0.1 to 5.0 to get the core apps back.
    03-31-10 12:09 PM
    ok I just had to do this myself open up your desktop manager and then app loader, there you will see a list of things that you can either delete or install check the box where the memo pad is located if it says install then simply click next....if not then reinstall the os and repeat that should take care of your issue!!
    thank you! after trying to reload the OS multiple times, i finally have my memo back!!
    04-29-10 11:20 PM
    Ok I solved the problem

1. Go to Blackberry's support website, and download the latest OS update to your PC. For me, I had to go through Verizon Wireless to grab the OS 5 upgrade for my Storm 9530:

2. Install the OS update file on your PC (ie. run the install program, and it will set up the BB DM for you).

3. After doing that, I connected my BB to the PC, ran DM, and went to App Loader and behold! All the missing core apps are now there.

4. You can now use the App Loader and check off all the missing apps you want to restore (I checked Memo and Tasks). Install, and you're good to go!
    After I exhausted suggestions from Blackberry.com and a visit to my AT&T store....I read and read entries in the forum until I came across your thread...Thank you for the information that ultimately helped me...I followed your instructions and I have my memopad back!!!
    07-26-10 06:11 PM
    Originally Posted by Tarrant1701:
    Ok I solved the problem :-)

Thank you, that's solved my problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD