I see there were a few posts about memo and tasks apps. My questions is how do I get them back. They are no longer anywhere. I checked my hidden icons, my Desk Manager, everywhere...They must have been deleted when I upgraded. I don't like bbnotes but I do need my memo icon back to run jabplite....

Any ideas without having to wipe clean?...Could it be this new version .131 just doesn't have them to free up room for 3rd party apps? I know there is a higher version available .160 but I do not want that upgrade because of all the problems I read...
    07-26-09 04:46 PM
    Are they listed in your list of installed apps on your BB? Did you try installing them from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 06:05 PM
    No they are not listed on installed apps on BB. I checked several times. I do not see Loader.exe in my common files/research etc folder...I have all .dll files
    07-26-09 07:27 PM
    When I had this problem with my Tasks app I was told that I need to go find the OS I upgraded to and just redownload it to my computer. It'll try and prompt an upgrade, as if you were ACTUALLY upgrading, but just say no or ignore the prompt and the tasks should be restored to Desktop Manager. It worked for me.
    07-28-09 01:07 AM
    No they are not listed on installed apps on BB. I checked several times. I do not see Loader.exe in my common files/research etc folder...I have all .dll files
    It's the one that is labeled Loader and has a BlackBerry as it's icon.

07-28-09 02:07 AM
    Did you try installing them from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe?

How do I do this?

Also, when you reinstalled upgrade did you have to still delete the XML vendor file even though you currently had that version on your phone?

Thanks
    07-28-09 06:48 AM
    Download the os that you currently have on your phone and install it on your computer. Once you do that, plug your phone in and use DM to put the apps back on your phone. Good luck.

07-28-09 06:58 AM
    Download the os that you currently have on your phone and install it on your computer. Once you do that, plug your phone in and use DM to put the apps back on your phone. Good luck.

Tried that...it didnt work..Apps are not showing up on DM. Does anyone know if .131 doesn't have these apps in the program to save space for 3rd party apps?? I read that some OS systems have done that.
    Last edited by Jules621; 07-28-09 at 08:45 AM.
    07-28-09 07:34 AM
    It's the one that is labeled Loader and has a BlackBerry as it's icon.

You are a genius!! Thank you!! It worked!!
    07-28-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD