The memo pad on my 8830 no longer syncs with Outlook. It did work before I switched devices then switched back to the 8830. It is a corporate BB on a BES. Under the memo pad options there is no option to sync. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    09-28-09 09:32 AM
    It sometimes happens that OTA sync is lost for one of the five apps that BES supports. I don't know why this happens, but here is a solution that has always worked for me:

You should know that there is a very slight risk of corrupting the OS on your device anytime you do a battery pull, so be sure to have a current backup before performing this procedure.
    1. Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a few seconds
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. It may be necessary to do this procedure more than once. The first time I did it, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process. I've successfully used this process to restore OTA synching for contacts, notes, tasks and the calendar. I've never had the problem with Messages.

If this process doesn't work, Blackberry Technical Support Knowledge Base Article KB10105 may apply. Here is the link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html

If this Knowledge Base article applies, your IT department will have to solve the problem. It's beyond user solution.

Calendar Corollary: If you've done the procedure above, and all five apps are showing Wireless Sync, but the Calendar is not showing appointments, then turn off wireless sync in the calendar options, exit out of the calendar, go back into the calendar, and turn wireless sync back on. I've had to do this extra step to get the calendar to pick up existing appointments.
    09-28-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the quick response and I tried your suggestions but it still didn't work. The only thing listed under MemoPad Options is.

Actions
    Confirm Delete
    Number of Entries

I also checked the link you provided and the resource isn't available.

Thanks
    09-29-09 07:37 AM
    Did you try the procedure more than once? As odd as it sounds, I have had to repeat it to get it to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 03:37 PM
    Yes, I tried it 4 times. No luck
    09-30-09 02:41 PM
    Are your other applications synching OTA? Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 02:56 PM
    Email, calendar, cotacts are all syncing properly
    10-01-09 05:59 AM
    Assuming BES 4.1 - Ask your BES Admin to edit your user properties, disable Synchronization for Memo Pad for 5-10 minutes and the re-enable it.
    10-01-09 07:24 AM
    I have access to the BES but I am not sure where on the profile it's located. Can you assist?
    10-01-09 09:20 AM
    Kalack - Is it BES 4.1 or 5.0?
    In 4.1, click on the user, then there should be a bunch of links down the right hand side of the bottom window pane, the top one allows you to edit the user properties. Do that and then click on PIN sync. You should see the sync properties down the right hand side.
    10-01-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD