This seems like it should be an easy answer, but I haven't been able to figure it out and searches turn up nothing, so...

The media player forces everything to full screen, which is often good, but some things (like movie trailers on youtube) are widescreen and get stretched and distorted and look terrible. I cannot find a way to change any settings for that. Am I missing something?

Thanks...
    01-13-10 03:05 PM
    This seems like it should be an easy answer, but I haven't been able to figure it out and searches turn up nothing, so...

The media player forces everything to full screen, which is often good, but some things (like movie trailers on youtube) are widescreen and get stretched and distorted and look terrible. I cannot find a way to change any settings for that. Am I missing something?

Thanks...
    thats just youtube for ya. Youtubes quality is pretty bad on these phones.
    01-13-10 07:35 PM
    Well, my girlfriend's 8330 with an older media player doesn't squish it to full screen and it is smaller, but looks way better. My playback options are no options? So much for newer technology!
    01-13-10 08:47 PM
    Funny thing about .419 media player is what happen to the repeat function? I'm either blind or its removed, I tried to use it viewing videos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 04:04 AM
    I can't believe RIM still hasn't resolve this youtube quality matter. Obviously the latest phones are capable of playing .mp4 format but RIM will not support this.

I tried playing streaming mp4 from other websites with my tour and it works perfectly fine.

I thought by now they'd done some kind of tweak to OS 5 to allow full mp4 quality youtube streaming.

I'm a little disappointed with RIM cause they are far behind the other smartphone and I'm getting a little impatient waiting for that next OS update.
    01-14-10 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD