Hi guys I have a tour that I just upgraded to 5.0 I had to re download app world and now all my apps are gone asweel so I'm replacing them but have noticed that my application memory in the setup-memory area is half full with only two small downloads. I know that the icons for various non 5.0 apps are not visible after the upgrade so I'm curious do I format the media card and start again? or how can I retreive the apps that I previously downloaded. Also if I do the formatting what exactly is erased from that option would it affect my contacts etc?

thanks
    01-18-10 10:52 AM
    Apps don't store on your media card.
    01-18-10 11:08 AM
    then what is the memory bar in my app world area that stats it's only 256mb with only 110 left after downloading 2 apps? I have an 8 gig memory card installed you can find this area by going to setup ---> then memory
    01-18-10 11:26 AM
    check to see if ALL your apps are now in your download folder. you will need to restore a DM backup to reset your bb to exactly how you had it set up.
    01-18-10 12:38 PM
    The memory bar in app world is referring to your internal memory (used for os & apps), not your 8 gig card (used for pictures, ringtones, etc)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 07:18 PM
    thanks for the help so far guys, do you know which catagory under the backup option I would find the apps to restore them? Also just a quick question if I do a format of the internal media card what will I loose?
    01-19-10 09:04 AM
    If you format something' you lose everything on it

01-19-10 09:28 AM
    ok so the apps I had installed on my tour pre 5.0 are they erased from my tour or are they hidden in here somewhere?
    01-19-10 10:00 AM
    then what is the memory bar in my app world area that stats it's only 256mb with only 110 left after downloading 2 apps? I have an 8 gig memory card installed you can find this area by going to setup ---> then memory
    your device has 256 mb of application memory and your os usually takes up a big chunk of that unless you use shrink-a-os before installing it. you cant run apps off a memory card. at this point it's only for media. this is the reason why there are 110 mb's free. that's plenty of memory although some peoples are higher, some are lower.
    01-19-10 03:24 PM
    your device has 256 mb of application memory and your os usually takes up a big chunk of that unless you use shrink-a-os before installing it. you cant run apps off a memory card. at this point it's only for media. this is the reason why there are 110 mb's free. that's plenty of memory although some peoples are higher, some are lower.
    Ok thanks for that but what about the apps I had on here that I can no longer find? I tried the restore but nothing I'm sure its becuse they didn't support 5.0 but r they deleted from the phone or are they sitting in here somewhere?

01-19-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD