I got my first BB in August and really want to try to load the new .419 leak but I have a few questions. First off, I know to use app loader but does that come with DM or do I need to get it from somewhere? Also will all my contacts still be on the phone or will I need to do a restore of my backup file. Last I am guessing from other posts I have read that you have to reinstall all my apps, is that right? Oh and will my theme I use still work or are there seperate themes for 5.0 OS? Thanks for the help. Crackberry nation is the best.
    01-22-10 01:09 AM
    You can download the newest Desktop Manager from your carrier's site to download device firmware and other software. If the upgrade goes without a hitch all your applications, contacts, etc. will be restored as they were before the update. Don't wipe your device as many say to do. Just back it up, install the target OS, delete vendor.xml and disconnect from the internet. Then let the upgrade run. It will take over 30 minutes. Don't let the long delay worry you. The first time is always a little nerve wracking. Your theme will probably not be compatible with OS 5. If the theme you are using is not compatible with OS 5 it will not show in your list of themes (if that is the case go into applications after the update and delete it from your device). Enjoy your new OS.
    01-22-10 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD