04-13-14 08:07 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    Bis very expensive?
    Only when the carriers want it to be.

In my great country of Canada, known for stupid high cell plan prices, my 6GB BIS plan is $30/mo.

New plans are much more.
    04-08-14 04:17 PM
    Had my z10 since launch Feb 5th canada done 2 battery pulls was due to leaked os. Otherwise never heard of such an issue I did tech support for BlackBerry legacy as well that was a different story, I have never heard anyone say the same about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    You should read crackberry forums it is full of those stories and calls to tier 2 technical support at bbry

You have to remember that bbry support is the worst
    A you are only covered for warranty if you are the first buyer hence anyone who buys it used cannot get a replacement from bbry unlike other vendors it's carries with the device
    B trust me search crackberry forums z10 is known for crashes unless you are calling everyone

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Warranty replacement would be a good move.

I have had THREE z10's just malfunction on me while using them. Received a replacement each time through warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Is one example
    04-08-14 06:25 PM
    You should read crackberry forums it is full of those stories and calls to tier 2 technical support at bbry

You have to remember that bbry support is the worst
    A you are only covered for warranty if you are the first buyer hence anyone who buys it used cannot get a replacement from bbry unlike other vendors it's carries with the device
    B trust me search crackberry forums z10 is known for crashes unless you are calling everyone

Is one example
    How did you get from reboots to customer service bro?

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-08-14 07:03 PM
    How did you get from reboots to customer service bro?

Who do you think you deal with when you call bbry or email them for support?
    It sure isn't their marketing department or . manufacturing

04-08-14 07:05 PM

Blackberry has a marketing department?
    04-08-14 07:08 PM
    Blackberry has a marketing department?
    According to my sister who had friends and a hubby who was in bbry yes they do lol
    Don't ask what my sister 's answer when I ask why doesn't bbry market their phones anyways I'm out I don't want infractions

04-08-14 07:19 PM

I haven't had to call (;

04-09-14 01:06 AM
    I'm sorry but I see this thread was started as a rant because the OP cannot afford a BIS plan. The OP speaks of OS 7's viability for business and yet fails to realize that BIS is a necessity in order for legacy devices to be true business workhorses.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) and stlabrat like this.
    04-09-14 01:24 AM
    I'm sorry but I see this thread was started as a rant because the OP cannot afford a BIS plan. The OP speaks of OS 7's viability for business and yet fails to realize that BIS is a necessity in order for legacy devices to be true business workhorses.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry to see that you fail to realize that users of other platforms pay half(or less than half) of the fee BIS users pay for basic internet applications like facebook, whatsapp, etc.
    BIS is a necessity? really? Within a few months, even roaming charges will be removed, i'd love to see where BIS will stand by then. People on other platforms use BBM on a normal data plan, and BBOS users pay Rs.129/month for that. If this ain't stupid then what is it?
    -"That's the security and data compression you pay for!"
    No, nobody is going to read my Whatsapp , FB messages, or track my activities. And i don't need that.
    Nobody needs a Government level security, do they?
    -"Don't want BBOS, get a BB10".
    Another stupid advice i get alot. No i'm not going to spend more money to buy a new device, for twice the price. Just for Internet.

^^Above stuff that you read is the reason why Blackberry is loosing users and fans day by day. And this also makes them think 'Might as well have gotten an Android". That's only blind shilling i see, by people who paid huge for Z30, etc and want to support their decision for going against everyone's advice. I doubt alot of them know what blackberries were like before these BB10 devices showed up.
    Instead of fixing current stuff, they want us to buy new phones. BIS=Normal internet services, and why pay such a huge fee for it?
    And they say Apple users overpay.
    04-09-14 10:07 AM
    Cool story bro

04-09-14 10:29 AM
    I'm sorry to see that you fail to realize that users of other platforms pay half(or less than half) of the fee BIS users pay for basic internet applications like facebook, whatsapp, etc.
    BIS is a necessity? really? Within a few months, even roaming charges will be removed, i'd love to see where BIS will stand by then. People on other platforms use BBM on a normal data plan, and BBOS users pay Rs.129/month for that. If this ain't stupid then what is it?
    No, nobody is going to read my Whatsapp , FB messages, or track my activities. And i don't need that.
    Another stupid advice i get alot. No i'm not going to spend more money to buy a new device, for twice the price. Just for Internet.

^^Above stuff that you read is the reason why Blackberry is loosing users and fans day by day. And this also makes them think 'Might as well have gotten an Android". That's only blind shilling i see, by people who paid huge for Z30, etc and want to support their decision for going against everyone's advice. I doubt alot of them know what blackberries were like before these BB10 devices showed up.
    Instead of fixing current stuff, they want us to buy new phones. BIS=Normal internet services, and why pay such a huge fee for it?
    I don't understand this! The only reason I bought a 9790 is for the super cheap BIS service, it's the cheapest Internet service available in India, it's only 399 INR / 6.6$ for unlimited data on H+ connection for one month. Please tell me any carrier or broadband which offer this? Or at least any carrier in India which offer true unlimited Internet service!

Posted via Z30
    04-09-14 10:46 AM
    I don't understand this! The only reason I bought a 9790 is for the super cheap BIS service, it's the cheapest Internet service available in India, it's only 399 INR / 6.6$ for unlimited data on H+ connection for one month. Please tell me any carrier or broadband which offer this? Or at least any carrier in India which offer true unlimited Internet service!

Posted via Z30
    He is angry because he cannot use the push services of the handset(i.e. Email and social networking apps) thru wi-fi. Get an ipod touch for crying out loud!

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    04-13-14 07:59 AM
    He is angry because he cannot use the push services of the handset(i.e. Email and social networking apps) thru wi-fi. Get an ipod touch for crying out loud!

Posted via CB10
    Lol and if you have registered for BIS atleast once, then you can use BBM, email etc using Wi-Fi.

Posted via CB10

You fail to realize that BIS is deeply integrated in BB OS 7's core functions and apps and since OS7 is considered as a matured OS and already EOL, there will be no major revisions to the OS. Why waste time complaining on something that will never be addressed?

Posted via CB10
89 ... 234