Let me know when QNX gets into cheaper and economic cars. It's still out of reach of a normal consumer.
    What you read on Internet, isn't always practical.
    Ask any average Indian chap in here, that how many cars they've been in, which uses most advanced 'infotainment' systems.
    Get to reality .Even Apple CarPlay seems more feasible, and will find it's way to a number of brands, sooner
    Which proves my point. You ask them to focus on java. When was the last thing you saw java run something outside of old apps on your computer

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-06-14 12:26 AM
    You are playing games Dammit! Battery suffers on every platform when playing Games. The graphics these days are ridiculously good... speaking of which you claim to be this guru who don't need instagram and all this other apps.... then you say you play games.

As we've seen, more and more "professionals " expect more from . their phones. Smartphones and tablets are making laptops obsolete so to say people want to spend what? $600 on a dud phone is silly at best. Thus isn't 2001 anymore

Wut? a little while ago, you were talking about 'internet and multimedia'.
    i said i don't need much apps.
    it was my brother's phone i was playing game on.
    Graphics weren't that good either.
    And battery wasn't good either.
    what do?
    04-06-14 12:26 AM
    Do you know what a Carplay is? It runs on QNX fyi!

Posted via CB10
    How is it going to help Blackberry?
    Don't they need the limelight?
    04-06-14 12:27 AM
    what do?
    Battery wasn't good compared to what? It's got a bigger battery than the iPhone and better display...

Also you don't need much apps so idk why you were playing games on someone's phone. I mean weren't you busy "getting things done" lol

04-06-14 12:29 AM
    That's on BlackBerry to actually push it but that has nothing to do with your original comment in which you didn't even know qnx was the one running car play. Which again proves my point. Qnx and bb10 is so advanced, saying that it's bad for BlackBerry is silly. What they do with it is up to them but to even compare java (dying) to qnx ( used in so many industries) it's obvious BlackBerry made the right choice.

The wrong choice they made was not scrapping os7 early enough. They didn't want to up until they realized they couldn't compete with others because java pretty much reached its peak with os7. It took twice the effort to optimize it and that's why they initially moves away from it. Please next time . capture your facts right

stlabrat likes this.
    04-06-14 12:33 AM
    Lol please am ending this convo.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-06-14 12:35 AM
    Lol please am ending this convo.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Even i'm bored of it now
    Adios!
    04-06-14 12:37 AM
    Apple car play is run by qnx now isn't it? Well I think this debate is over Smh you just.shot yourself in the foot with that argument

No it's not run by QNX, it can run on top of existing QNX infotainments but QNX does not run Apple car play.

#believeinfilm
    04-06-14 04:51 AM
    No it's not run by QNX, it can run on top of existing QNX infotainments but QNX does not run Apple car play.

#believeinfilm
    What?

04-06-14 09:34 AM
    What?

It was all explained in a CB podcast, Apple car play is not powered by QNX.

#believeinfilm
    04-06-14 09:38 AM
    It was all explained in a CB podcast, Apple car play is not powered by QNX.

#believeinfilm
    I won't go into a debate on that. I'll assume you are right... this still doesn't Change the fact that qnx can power this things and in fact Microsoft sync is closing qnx... an area where java could never match... which again makes my my point of how bb10 is designed to be modern and why they couldn't and shouldn't focus on bb8 or anything close.

04-06-14 01:30 PM
    Let me know when QNX gets into cheaper and economic cars. It's still out of reach of a normal consumer.
    What you read on Internet, isn't always practical.
    Ask any average Indian chap in here, that how many cars they've been in, which uses most advanced 'infotainment' systems.
    Get to reality .Even Apple CarPlay seems more feasible, and will find it's way to a number of brands, sooner
    Dodge Dart, starts around $15k and is a base model car here in the US. Any Chrysler U CONNECT system.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-06-14 02:04 PM
    Under settings and network settings 2 clicks there is limit data usage

OK under settings how many menus do you go thru to get to sim or vpn?
    There is no limit data usage only under bes
    I can garentee it isn't 2 clicks
    Getting to settings isn't the issue the buried menus is its the underlining sub menus

Yes I have used a legacy and BB10 look beyond the first menu

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-06-14 02:53 PM
    My OS is better than your OS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    stlabrat and anon(8063781) like this.
    04-06-14 03:01 PM
    what do?
    I have owned a z10 after a week of 5 battery pulls due to crashing
    I had enough
    Try going beyond the settings buried and not organized menus like advance settings which is where the sim menu is or tcp/ip

Lucky I was able to trade it for an s3 before I upgraded to a s4 for a data contract

04-06-14 03:14 PM
    I have owned a z10 after a week of 5 battery pulls due to crashing
    I had enough
    Try going beyond the settings buried and not organized menus like advance settings which is where the sim menu is or tcp/ip

Lucky I was able to trade it for an s3 before I upgraded to a s4 for a data contract

Z10... battery pull due to crashing.

Quick question : how does crashing lead to battery pull?

04-06-14 07:56 PM
    There must be a scientific law that predicts how many posts it takes for a forum discussion to deviate from the original question and degenerate into "the [fill in the blank] that I like is better than the [fill in the blank] that you like."

Someone let me know what it is, and I'll stop reading Crackberry threads when I hit that post number.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-06-14 08:07 PM
    Z10... battery pull due to crashing.

Quick question : how does crashing lead to battery pull?

It'd a typical troubleshooting among bbry
    Do you not read your user manual?
    a battery pull are normal troubleshooting steps with bbry for phone freezing constantly and won't restart even with holding down the power button

yes I had a brother in law who worked at bbry part of the 5000 laid off last summer and yes I got that also from tier 2 bbry support not just from my brother in law after the first 4 crashes
    I suggest you try troubleshooting sometime you go thru steps to find the problem and if it continues bbry support will always recommend a security wipe
    It got so bad I wanted to Chuck the phone at a brick wall luckily I found someone to trade with
    I haven't heard anything from the guy so maybe he had better luck with apps or not using apps

04-06-14 09:41 PM
    It'd a typical troubleshooting among bbry
    Do you not read your user manual?
    a battery pull are normal troubleshooting steps with bbry for phone freezing constantly and won't restart even with holding down the power button

yes I had a brother in law who worked at bbry part of the 5000 laid off last summer and yes I got that also from tier 2 bbry support not just from my brother in law after the first 4 crashes
    I suggest you try troubleshooting sometime you go thru steps to find the problem and if it continues bbry support will always recommend a security wipe
    It got so bad I wanted to Chuck the phone at a brick wall luckily I found someone to trade with
    I haven't heard anything from the guy so maybe he had better luck with apps or not using apps

I haven't had to battery pull because of crashing lol. I battery pull when I need to swap one of my 3 charged batteries out ah

04-07-14 09:58 AM
    I haven't had to battery pull because of crashing lol. I battery pull when I need to swap one of my 3 charged batteries out ah

I'm talking about an os crash not an app crash an app crash does not warrant a battery pull

No swipe up no shutdown unless the power button reacts and that's even iffy

I suggest you search forums on what battery pulls are
    They are part of the troubleshooting

04-07-14 06:42 PM

You may like to take a look at Cell phone chargers.
    They come bundled with phone's packing and are plugged into electric sockets
    04-07-14 10:24 PM

That might actually explain why yours isn't crashing, if you change batteries that often you keep rebooting the OS.

#believeinfilm
    04-08-14 05:58 AM
    You may like to take a look at Cell phone chargers.
    They come bundled with phone's packing and are plugged into electric sockets
    Not a wall hugger lol

04-08-14 08:48 AM
    That might actually explain why yours isn't crashing, if you change batteries that often you keep rebooting the OS.

#believeinfilm
    I did go 2 months when I first got the phone before buying those rip off gold batteries and I didn't have a reboot problem.

04-08-14 08:50 AM
    Had my z10 since launch Feb 5th canada done 2 battery pulls was due to leaked os. Otherwise never heard of such an issue I did tech support for BlackBerry legacy as well that was a different story, I have never heard anyone say the same about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-08-14 02:53 PM
89 1234