Without bis, no compression, you will not get it cheap. It is cheap, because bbos is designed both hardware and software integrated to minimize the cost for the user. Such as a student. You need bis to do all the leg work at background. Imo.

Posted via CB10
    With current data plans, and advancements, the internet on phones is very fast and cheap, thus, compression is somewhat insignificant. Not even BB10 has this feature. because of current state of internet, most of the time, whatsapp, opera and other apps requiring internet doesn't work at all(most of the time).
    Its a pain and is the reason why i have an android phone now
    04-05-14 06:50 AM
    Yup they all are! I just got a 9790 recently, I have to say it sucks now compared to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    You are comparing a device worth Rs.34000 to one worth Rs.19000. Start making some sense first.
    Blackberry legacy devices are meant for running a few fine apps, and mean pure business. Unlike your z30 with 'Extraordinary Multimedia Capabilities'.
    Some people just don't need them. That's what those slick laptops are meant for.
    If you want to see what exactly is the market position, you have to look at the market instead of looking at your phone.
    And, market says people still love old blackberries for their price and reliability. And BB7 does what its meant to do, except internet
    Ofcourse Z3 will be launched in market, but if the price isn't right, and with beasts like moto G in market, it'll be facing a real tough competition.
    04-05-14 07:23 AM
    You are comparing a device worth Rs.34000 to one worth Rs.19000. Start making some sense first.
    Blackberry legacy devices are meant for running a few fine apps, and mean pure business. Unlike your z30 with 'Extraordinary Multimedia Capabilities'.
    Some people just don't need them. That's what those slick laptops are meant for.
    If you want to see what exactly is the market position, you have to look at the market instead of looking at your phone.
    And, market says people still love old blackberries for their price and reliability. And BB7 does what its meant to do, except internet
    Ofcourse Z3 will be launched in market, but if the price isn't right, and with beasts like moto G in market, it'll be facing a real tough competition.
    Lol what was the price when it was launched? And it's the same goddamn os that's even on flagship 9900, it all does the same. It's nowhere near as fluid as BB10 and it's very much outdated. If customers wanted BBOS 7, BlackBerry would still be on top. But that's not true. BlackBerry failed to change according to the circumstances at that time. Instead of OS7, it should have been BB10, then we would have seen BlackBerry become the number one smartphone. BlackBerry OS7 where no match for the android and iOS at that time, even though I have never owned either.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:30 AM
    Legacy still outsells BB10, mate. It's sweet and slick
    Yes... and well... it must be better then! seriously common knowledge.. java is not a promising platform.. it selling better has nothing to do with it being better.

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-05-14 08:17 AM
    It's cheap, efficient and does what a PHONE needs to do, properly. Only thing that's required is an optional BIS plan, as not everybody needs it.
    I still think Blackberry should have developed BBOS7 to next level, instead of creating an iPhone-Android variant of their phones.
    Lol well considering people were moving away from phones that only do what a phone needs to do.. I think BlackBerry made the right move creating phones that can actually compete with today 's technology.. lol battery pullers

04-05-14 08:19 AM
    First of all motoG isn't that cheap. Secondly the reason the market share of bb7 is decreasing is because more and more . people want that 1 thing... Internet and multimedia. It's the reason why the market share for bb7 isn't increasing rapidly but decreasing. My point? Bb7 isn't really going anywhere on the upside. The people using it . now at some point will either move to bb10 or other platforms like majority of former users... that's the purpose of the z3.

04-05-14 08:24 AM
    With current data plans, and advancements, the internet on phones is very fast and cheap, thus, compression is somewhat insignificant. Not even BB10 has this feature. because of current state of internet, most of the time, whatsapp, opera and other apps requiring internet doesn't work at all(most of the time).
    Its a pain and is the reason why i have an android phone now
    Ha, you need non native app? Stay with where you are with opera, WhatsApp. The chaps want BlackBerry because the native app and build in: bbm, BlackBerry travel, etc. I can see my self have same problem if I jump over to your platform. Either ios or goos.why you interested in bbos? Tried of paying high fee monthly? Pay too much for video chat? Hehehe.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 08:31 AM
    Lol what was the price when it was launched? And it's the same goddamn os that's even on flagship 9900, it all does the same. It's nowhere near as fluid as BB10 and it's very much outdated. If customers wanted BBOS 7, BlackBerry would still be on top. But that's not true. BlackBerry failed to change according to the circumstances at that time. Instead of OS7, it should have been BB10, then we would have seen BlackBerry become the number one smartphone. BlackBerry OS7 where no match for the android and iOS at that time, even though I have never owned either.

Posted via CB10
    So are you going to compare z10 with current top notch samsungs, and iphones? Or with phones in its price range?
    People still do love bbos7, for its simplicity and security. Its a very simple os, and devices are pretty handy.
    NOT EVERYONE needs stupid Instagram, foursquare, facebook apps on phones. That's not necessary, really.
    Lol well considering people were moving away from phones that only do what a phone needs to do.. I think BlackBerry made the right move creating phones that can actually compete with today 's technology.. lol battery pullers

Doesn't look like what you said, in case of Blackberry. They are still selling high, on Legacy. I know price is what matters, but inhere, preferences matter as well. My father still likes my bbcurve instead of brother's Z10. He literally keeps charging it all the time. I play a game, and battery takes a giant dive, by 7 to 10%. Now what should i call him? A wall hugger?
    First of all motoG isn't that cheap. Secondly the reason the market share of bb7 is decreasing is because more and more . people want that 1 thing... Internet and multimedia. It's the reason why the market share for bb7 isn't increasing rapidly but decreasing. My point? Bb7 isn't really going anywhere on the upside. The people using it . now at some point will either move to bb10 or other platforms like majority of former users... that's the purpose of the z3.

Moto G is cheap. and considering its price, its extremely reasonable. a 2000mAh battery, 720p screen, s4 processor, stock UI, No bloat(removable as well), and a nice camera(yes, its actually nice, unless its night) its truly close to an Ideal android phone.
    Only if Blackberry paid more attention to BB7 devices, concentrated on OS8, make it keyboard friendly, released economic variants, did advertising, instead of making a device more gesture based, which looks more like iphones and androids in market. Seriously, there's no difference. What you do on BB10, is done very efficiently on other platforms as well. And they've dedicated lots of years and handwork in making their UI as good as possible for touch based phones, with a strong backing from huge app markets. So why conquer that market?
    Why not grow BB in the direction it is meant to go? Youngsters already have iPhones and Android to go to, when they are looking for multimedia capable phones, and ofcourse they are looking for assurance of apps support and market conditions. And they are not going to buy phones on day-to-day basis. Kids buy whats popular, smart kids buy whats actually better. And BB has already failed in reaching both of them.
    Blackberry has a trademark, and that is, keyboard, a wide-horizontal screen, simple UI, i don't think blackberry should loose that.

And don't talk about privacy , permissions etc. You loose it at the time when you put a sim card in your phone.
    BBOS comes with facebook twitter apps by default. and is deeply integrated. You are already part of the Botnet.
    i find it amusing and funny that people who talk about privacy also have such user-tracking apps installed on their phones(fb, twitter, foursquare, etc) and they are actually pretty active on it.
    Last edited by quest877; 04-05-14 at 10:51 PM.
    04-05-14 10:38 PM
    So are you going to compare z10 with current top notch samsungs, and iphones? Or with phones in its price range?
    People still do love bbos7, for its simplicity and security. Its a very simple os, and devices are pretty handy.
    NOT EVERYONE needs stupid Instagram, foursquare, facebook apps on phones. That's not necessary, really.

Doesn't look like what you said, in case of Blackberry. They are still selling high, on Legacy. I know price is what matters, but inhere, preferences matter as well. My father still likes my bbcurve instead of brother's Z10. He literally keeps charging it all the time. I play a game, and battery takes a giant dive, by 7 to 10%. Now what should i call him? A wall hugger?

Moto G is cheap. and considering its price, its extremely reasonable. a 2000mAh battery, 720p screen, s4 processor, stock UI, No bloat(removable as well), and a nice camera(yes, its actually nice, unless its night) its truly close to an Ideal android phone.
    Only if Blackberry paid more attention to BB7 devices, concentrated on OS8, make it keyboard friendly, released economic variants, did advertising, instead of making a device more gesture based, which looks more like iphones and androids in market. Seriously, there's no difference. What you do on BB10, is done very efficiently on other platforms as well. And they've dedicated lots of years and handwork in making their UI as good as possible for touch based phones, with a strong backing from huge app markets. So why conquer that market?
    Why not grow BB in the direction it is meant to go? Youngsters already have iPhones and Android to go to, when they are looking for multimedia capable phones, and ofcourse they are looking for assurance of apps support and market conditions. And they are not going to buy phones on day-to-day basis. Kids buy whats popular, smart kids buy whats actually better. And BB has already failed in reaching both of them.
    Blackberry has a trademark, and that is, keyboard, a wide-horizontal screen, simple UI, i don't think blackberry should loose that.

And don't talk about privacy , permissions etc. You loose it at the time when you put a sim card in your phone.
    BBOS comes with facebook twitter apps by default. and is deeply integrated. You are already part of the Botnet.
    i find it amusing and funny that people who talk about privacy also have such user-tracking apps installed on their phones(fb, twitter, foursquare, etc) and they are actually pretty active on it.
    Yes why not compare Z10 with Samsung and iPhone? Its better than them in almost every way for me, except for the number of native apps! BB10 has more apps than any platforms Btw!(incl android apps) which works awesomely on 10.3!
    Dude if people freaking loved OS7 why didn't BlackBerry become a success? Even if people liked it, that's only a very few people, including me, but if BlackBerry was still on BB7 or BB8 I would have switched platforms. But still I would be having a BB7/8 as a secondary phone! And BB7 was a failure at that time cuz of the likes of apple and android. but now BlackBerry 10 is well ahead of them all!
    Tell me one think iPhone or Samsung does better than BlackBerry 10 except for the camera capture and screen res!
    Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:12 PM
    Yes why not compare Z10 with Samsung and iPhone? Its better than them in almost every way for me, except for the number of native apps! BB10 has more apps than any platforms Btw!(incl android apps) which works awesomely on 10.3!
    Dude if people freaking loved OS7 why didn't BlackBerry become a success? Even if people liked it, that's only a very few people, including me, but if BlackBerry was still on BB7 or BB8 I would have switched platforms. But still I would be having a BB7/8 as a secondary phone! And BB7 was a failure at that time cuz of the likes of apple and android. but now BlackBerry 10 is well ahead of them all!
    Tell me one think iPhone or Samsung does better than BlackBerry 10 except for the camera capture and screen res!
    Posted via CB10
    try playing a game on both, then observe which one lags, heats up and drains more. I can see this, don't push me into which this never ending senseless convo about 'why BB10 is better?'. Those who want to buy will buy it, unfortunately that number is too low.
    Also,
    if people freaking loved BB10, why didn't Blackberry become a success?

OS7 will continue
    04-05-14 11:27 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Battery life
    Let's see efficency 2 gigs of ram vs 512 megs of ram requirements don't you think it's odd that a new os bb10 requires more ram then most mature oses on the market?

Oh ya notice that you can't run android apps without work arounds like editing settings

Oh ya data compression on android that doesn't take down your internet when the server goes down oh wait bbry doesn't have compression
    FYI chrome has built in compression that works off of Google proxies

Ability to get to settings without going thru many clicks like capping your data it's two clicks on android vs buried menus on BB10 and you can't cap data without bes on BB10

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-05-14 11:28 PM
    Battery life
    Let's see efficency 2 gigs of ram vs 512 megs of ram requirements don't you think it's odd that a new os bb10 requires more ram then most mature oses on the market?

Oh ya notice that you can't run android apps without work arounds like editing settings

Oh ya data compression on android that doesn't take down your internet when the server goes down oh wait bbry doesn't have compression

Ability to get to settings without going thru many clicks like capping your data it's two clicks on android vs buried menus on BB10 and you can't cap data without bes on BB10

Battery life? My Z30 has around 2900mah battery. Can any Samsung or iPhone can come close to it?. Even my previous Z10 had better battery than iPhone 5S lol!
    You can install chrome on 10.3. And yeah I do miss data compression on legacy BB devices!
    Lol what BlackBerry you using? With one swipe I can access the settings on my Z30!
    Make BIS optional on OS7-img_20140406_100709.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:37 PM
    try playing a game on both, then observe which one lags, heats up and drains more. I can see this, don't push me into which this never ending senseless convo about 'why BB10 is better?'. Those who want to buy will buy it, unfortunately that number is too low.
    Also,

OS7 will continue
    I played almost all the games available on BlackBerry World and none of them lagged on my Z10, so there's no need to speak about the Z30 which has adreno 320 gpu, compared to 220 on Z10.
    And which OS is on your Z10? And is it STL100-1?
    BB10 was not successful because of its high pricing at launch and literally no marketing or any good advertising!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:40 PM
    Battery life? My Z30 has around 2900mah battery. Can any Samsung or iPhone can come close to it?. Even my previous Z10 had better battery than iPhone 5S lol!
    You can install chrome on 10.3. And yeah I do miss data compression on legacy BB devices!
    Lol what BlackBerry you using? With one swipe I can access the settings on my Z30!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140406_100709.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	261058

Posted via CB10
    Nobody asked for z30's life. Z10 is being discussed. Why bring a device with twice the price?
    Good luck locating stuff of that huge screen.
    On OS7, just unlock the phone, type what you want to look for(when you have your hands set, sometimes you don't even need to look), and it's already there. Just like that.
    So difficult and confusing, Right?!
    Z10's battery life is pathetic, admit it.
    Also, why install broken android apps? try playing chain reaction, and let me know what happens on your z10.
    04-05-14 11:45 PM
    I played almost all the games available on BlackBerry World and none of them lagged on my Z10, so there's no need to speak about the Z30 which has adreno 320 gpu, compared to 220 on Z10.
    And which OS is on your Z10? And is it STL100-1?
    BB10 was not successful because of its high pricing at launch and literally no marketing or any good advertising!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the same STL100-1 which Beloved blackberry is trying to slap on face of customers, with a price cut.
    Bad customer reviews are inevitable. Again it will be said that blackberry makes bad phones, heats up, BB10 is bad, etc etc. And Quarterly reports will show em all
    04-05-14 11:47 PM
    Nobody asked for z30's life. Z10 is being discussed. Why bring a device with twice the price?
    Good luck locating stuff of that huge screen.
    On OS7, just unlock the phone, type what you want to look for(when you have your hands set, sometimes you don't even need to look), and it's already there. Just like that.
    Z10's battery life is pathetic, admit it.
    Also, why install broken android apps? try playing chain reaction, and let me know what happens on your z10.
    Z10 has better battery life than an iPhone 5s and it's costs 3 times cheaper than it. And the Z30 costs half as much as an iPhone 5S! So I can speak about it!
    That exact same feature is there on BB10
    Make BIS optional on OS7-img_20140406_102110.png
    Make BIS optional on OS7-img_20140406_102124.png
    Make BIS optional on OS7-img_20140406_102154.png
    Dude if BlackBerry 10 is confusing for you then something is wrong with you!
    I got an avg of around12 hours on my Z10, and a maximum of 16 hours! I don't find it that bad, it's better than any Samsung or iPhone anyway!
    Broken android apps? Hmm lol
    I don't have a Z10 now, I upgraded to a Z30 and sold my Z10 and bought a 9790 only for its unlimited dirt cheap BIS plan.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:56 PM
    Yes, the same STL100-1 which Beloved blackberry is trying to slap on face of customers, with a price cut.
    Bad customer reviews are inevitable. Again it will be said that blackberry makes bad phones, heats up, BB10 is bad, etc etc. And Quarterly reports will show em all
    STL100-1 is slower than the other variants! Even though I had both but never had problems with both of them, except for the OS leaks not available for STL100-1!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:59 PM
    Z10 has better battery life than an iPhone 5s and it's costs 3 times cheaper than it. And the Z30 costs half as much as an iPhone 5S! So I can speak about it!
    That exact same feature is there on BB10

Name:	IMG_20140406_102110.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	261059

Name:	IMG_20140406_102124.png 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	261060

Name:	IMG_20140406_102154.png 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	261061
    Dude if BlackBerry 10 is confusing for you then something is wrong with you!
    I got an avg of around12 hours on my Z10, and a maximum of 16 hours! I don't find it that bad, it's better than any Samsung or iPhone anyway!
    Broken android apps? Hmm lol
    I don't have a Z10 now, I upgraded to a Z30 and sold my Z10 and bought a 9790 only for its unlimited dirt cheap BIS plan.

Posted via CB10
    What's your screen on time?
    Since when BIS is dirt cheap?
    I never said BB10 is confusing. Read again.

STL100-1 is slower than the other variants! Even though I had both but never had problems with both of them, except for the OS leaks not available for STL100-1!

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is going to screw up themselves again by giving people STL1000-1.
    04-06-14 12:13 AM
    Also,

OS7 will continue
    So your synopsis to a real life OS which is actually built on a platform used in other industries such as car infotainment is that it's not.good enough?
    And then you compare it to a dying platform like java? You are too silly I can't even go into the details. Who develops for Java anymore seriously?

04-06-14 12:14 AM
    What's your screen on time?
    Since when BIS is dirt cheap?

I never said BB10 is confusing. Read again.

Blackberry is going to screw up themselves again by giving people STL1000-1.
    What you mean "what's my screen on time?" I didn't get you!
    Dude I hope u r staying in India, and BIS in India is 399 INR with unlimited data i.e. 2G/3.5G with no download cap.
    None of the broadband or carrier provide unlimited data, even if they do, it's not actually unlimited. It has a limit and it's bloody expensive!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:16 AM

You are playing games Dammit! Battery suffers on every platform when playing Games. The graphics these days are ridiculously good... speaking of which you claim to be this guru who don't need instagram and all this other apps.... then you say you play games.

As we've seen, more and more "professionals " expect more from . their phones. Smartphones and tablets are making laptops obsolete so to say people want to spend what? $600 on a dud phone is silly at best. Thus isn't 2001 anymore

04-06-14 12:18 AM
    So your synopsis to a real life OS which is actually built on a platform used in other industries such as car infotainment is that it's not.good enough?
    And then you compare it to a dying platform like java? You are too silly I can't even go into the details. Who develops for Java anymore seriously?

Let me know when QNX gets into cheaper and economic cars. It's still out of reach of a normal consumer.
    What you read on Internet, isn't always practical.
    Ask any average Indian chap in here, that how many cars they've been in, which uses most advanced 'infotainment' systems.
    Get to reality .Even Apple CarPlay seems more feasible, and will find it's way to a number of brands, sooner
    04-06-14 12:22 AM
    Battery life

I can't run android apps without work around settings? Which workarounds? Lol

Secondly have you ever run ios6 or ios7 on old iphones? IPhone 4 and 4s? It's laggy as hell. It also just like bb10 require about 1gb of ram to function well so idk what your beef is. BlackBerry just didn't wanna give a crappy experience like apple did to their old userbase.

And the last one i.am now convinced you don't own a bb10... lol I swipe down and I'm setting things immediately. well about data compression that is not an area I'm familiar with so no comments. How do you cap data on android tho?

04-06-14 12:22 AM
    Let me know when QNX gets into cheaper and economic cars. It's still out of reach of a normal consumer.
    Ask any average Indian chap in here, that how many cars they've been in, which uses most advanced 'infotainment' systems.
    Get to reality .Even Apple CarPlay seems more feasible, and will find it's way to a number of brands, sooner
    Apple car play is run by qnx now isn't it? Well I think this debate is over Smh you just.shot yourself in the foot with that argument

jevinzac, ChrisHewer1 and stlabrat like this.
    04-06-14 12:24 AM
    Do you know what a Carplay is? It runs on QNX fyi!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:24 AM
89 1234