will this java switch take care of the sms and non responsive click problems? or will this still happen cause the main OS is .419?
    01-05-10 08:46 PM
    Best OS so far. Fast stable, minor memory leak. Just 1 issue the dimming issue from .328 is bak! :-( anybody else notice that? Or got a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:17 AM
    Best OS so far. Fast stable, minor memory leak. Just 1 issue the dimming issue from .328 is bak! :-( anybody else notice that? Or got a fix.

dimming issue is gone. my understanding was that 419 fixed that for everyone.
    01-06-10 08:33 AM
    will this java switch take care of the sms and non responsive click problems? or will this still happen cause the main OS is .419?
    I can't say for certain that the SMS problem was fixed because of this. All I can tell you for a fact that once I installed this hybrid, I (emphasize on I) no longer having the problem with SMS.
    01-06-10 10:30 AM
    If the SMS issue was SLOW while typing then its GONE

I fixed my battery issue by doing a real pull, not a quickpull and immediately plugging it in to charge while it was booting, it charged and here we are 5 hours into the day and i still have 100% charge, with extensive usage.

The only thing I dont like, when going into some SMS conversations the menu pops up, and I dont touch the menu button. Memory leak seems nonexistant, started with 30mb free after reload and SAOS and my phone has been on for 16 hours now, and I have 30.2mb free according according to the memory meter.
    01-06-10 12:22 PM
    Well, no huge problems.

1. The pop-up keys still have some ghosting issues.

2. When in bubble mode, there's distortion.

3. Decrease in thumbnail and actual image quality when viewing pictures in thumbnails. Need to select "fit to screen" to restore to original quality.

4. Panning around larger res JPEGs still results in a reasonable amount of jittering while the caching takes place.

That's it really, and I'm pretty certain most of these "issues" are not unique to this hybrid/build.

I did manage to get Chinese to display and can also input traditional/simplified characters via a myriad of options. All it took was a simple copy an paste of the CJK.alx from the 4.7.0.167 OS (East Asian, released for CSL Limited) to my 5.0.0.425/436 install folder. Then load using apploader.
    01-06-10 02:55 PM
    dimming issue is gone. my understanding was that 419 fixed that for everyone.
    That's wat I thought cuz it wasn't there wen I was running straight .419

01-06-10 03:32 PM
    Loving this hybrid...fixed all my issues from .419 (which was mainly a massive memory leak)
    01-06-10 04:12 PM
    Do I have to go back and reload all of the app's or is their a quick way to do it?
    01-07-10 10:36 AM
    I can't say for certain that the SMS problem was fixed because of this. All I can tell you for a fact that once I installed this hybrid, I (emphasize on I) no longer having the problem with SMS.
    yea so far so good with mine too but it took about two and half weeks for the problem to pop up so i'll still have to wait. And yea i still get the menu pop up too but i got that the first time i installed just .419, must be a bigger issue there.

IDK what the battery issue is either cause my battery is great haven't plugged in two days now.

Great Hybrid!
    01-07-10 11:51 AM
    Do I have to go back and reload all of the app's or is their a quick way to do it?
    you must back up your apps first to reload them. as with BBSAK or BB Master Program but i always like to install a fresh version of the app anyways.
    01-07-10 11:53 AM
    has anyone had a problem with listening to music and having the voice activated command pop up and pausing your song? It happens to me every time....even after i cancel the voice activated command. This is really the only issue i have.

I dont use the voice activated comands/dialing....so i wouldn't be against just removing it all together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    01-07-10 12:01 PM
    hey Guys.. I am a bit confused over here. I am Running 5.0.0.428 (Platform 4.2.0.179) and it's Slow as ****! Also the Memory doesnt go Higher than 16MB and it leaks really fast and i dont have that many apps.

I downloaded Lyricidals Hybrid 530/9500 - .436 Hybrid . I installed it or thought I did. But my phone still shows that it is running the same as I had before and nothing changed. Can anyone help ? I really appreciate it!
    01-07-10 12:53 PM
    Im having issues with Themes ( viper Remix / Simple White View Banner )..

When going from portrait to landscape.. the image shrinks. If i do the usual fix for .328 by chaning rows from 2 to 1 / save then back from 1 to 2 rows. The background image dissappears to white when rotating
    01-07-10 01:11 PM
    Last nite I upgrade to Lys hybrid from OOAK's...

His is little better with less memory leaks and stable battery. If we talk about visual different from those two hybrid there isn't any...
    01-08-10 05:59 AM
    If the SMS issue was SLOW while typing then its GONE

I fixed my battery issue by doing a real pull, not a quickpull and immediately plugging it in to charge while it was booting, it charged and here we are 5 hours into the day and i still have 100% charge, with extensive usage.

The only thing I dont like, when going into some SMS conversations the menu pops up, and I dont touch the menu button. Memory leak seems nonexistant, started with 30mb free after reload and SAOS and my phone has been on for 16 hours now, and I have 30.2mb free according according to the memory meter.
    What is the difference between a "real pull" and a "quickpull". I thought quickpull was an application.
    01-08-10 07:49 AM
    a real pull is really pulling the battery

Quickpull is the application
    01-08-10 09:06 AM
    quickpull is an app that simulates a battery pull.

What is the difference between a "real pull" and a "quickpull". I thought quickpull was an application.
    01-08-10 09:07 AM
    Been running this OS for a day and I have never hit over 35mb free for memory before and that was after shrinking an OS. Now, after 24 hours of use I am at 40.75. Been working great. Thanks for the OS...
    01-08-10 11:56 AM
    I guess it depends what sort of applications you have installed and are running.

I have:
    AP Mobile
    Bloomberg Mobile
    Docs to Go
    Google Maps
    Lock Tilt
    Movies
    Opera Mini 4.2
    Poynt
    Sensobi Contacts Pro
    Urbanspoon
    WeatherBug Elite

I boot around 16-17MB and it stays quite constant throughout the day dropping to around 14-15MB. The device is still responsive and doesn't feel laggy. What jerkyness (especially with the inertial scrolling when scrolling lists) there is I attribute to lack of processor power or software that is not 100% optimised. It's there regardless of available app memory.
    01-13-10 10:55 AM
    a real pull is really pulling the battery

Quickpull is the application
    I did the battery pull and plugged in and I got my battery life back! Thanks for the great tip. I'm going to put it on BBHybrids.net because other people have had the same problems.
    01-14-10 08:47 AM
    Great Hybrid but after two days of use i am now only getting 1xev.

Anyone else?
    01-15-10 02:14 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD