I installed .230 and i'm loving it...no comparison to the old 4.7. The few only things that bugged me before were speed for loading...browser loadtime. and the scrolling being like no other touchscreen and it made things slower for me. im a guy about speeeeeed...which is why im also a proud owner of a mazda lol.

as for the new os heres some things i like/dislike

like:
    -newfound speed(its like the storm on crack now!)
    -flick scrolling(love it...)
    -screen images and icons feel like they are more smooth edged and have great theme-type flow
    -3G icon(i know it doesn't do anything but it looks neat up there...and i can brag to AT&T guys and say...i got 3G here..do you?)
    -awesome accelerometer response(rotating the screen...lightsaber app =P)
    -being able to click the time/signal and pull up clock/connection manager
    -threaded SMS(at first i didn't like it...but now im used to it and it's quite convinient)
    -WAYYYY quicker startup time, plus the new startup screen =P
    -the ability to go to any other random person with a storm and be like i totally modified my storm..check this out

dislike:
    -some app incompatibility(blackberry app world...bolt, weatherbug)
    -some calling bugs(but what do you expect..thats why it's an unreleased OS)
    -auto-text or spell check or whatever its called(it's annoying, try to type lower case "ny" and it will NOT let you...is there a fix for this i missed in settings?)

otherwise its the greatest thing you could do to your storm...i recommend to anyone who is even the least unhappy with OS 4.7
    10-17-09 03:02 PM
    I agree with you. Not as fast as my speed3 but faster than the previous os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 03:04 PM
    i wish i had a speed3(especially the 2010 with the hood scoop =/)

has anyone resolved the typing issue yet?
    10-17-09 03:13 PM
    Appworld and bolt work on .230. I'm using both now. Just make sure you have the updated versions.

10-20-09 01:56 PM
    I installed .230 and i'm loving it...no comparison to the old 4.7. The few only things that bugged me before were speed for loading...browser loadtime. and the scrolling being like no other touchscreen and it made things slower for me. im a guy about speeeeeed...which is why im also a proud owner of a mazda lol.

as for the new os heres some things i like/dislike

like:
    -newfound speed(its like the storm on crack now!)
    -flick scrolling(love it...)
    -screen images and icons feel like they are more smooth edged and have great theme-type flow
    -3G icon(i know it doesn't do anything but it looks neat up there...and i can brag to AT&T guys and say...i got 3G here..do you?)
    -awesome accelerometer response(rotating the screen...lightsaber app =P)
    -being able to click the time/signal and pull up clock/connection manager
    -threaded SMS(at first i didn't like it...but now im used to it and it's quite convinient)
    -WAYYYY quicker startup time, plus the new startup screen =P
    -the ability to go to any other random person with a storm and be like i totally modified my storm..check this out

dislike:
    -some app incompatibility(blackberry app world...bolt, weatherbug)
    -some calling bugs(but what do you expect..thats why it's an unreleased OS)
    -auto-text or spell check or whatever its called(it's annoying, try to type lower case "ny" and it will NOT let you...is there a fix for this i missed in settings?)

otherwise its the greatest thing you could do to your storm...i recommend to anyone who is even the least unhappy with OS 4.7
    Touchscreen in Blackberry is total failure. Shame on you. Go switch to iphone if you want full touch screen toy-like phone. Kids love it!

10-23-09 01:15 PM
    I've installed .425 on my Storm and it's the best OS ever...but this auto-text-whatever is really annoying... Especially if you try to write in a language other than English.

Has anybody got a fix for this?

Br,
    David
    01-11-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD