My Lotus Notes Calendar Sync with my 8830 just stopped working - it had been working fine.

I don't get any error messages, it just goes to "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" and stops.

I am not using an enterprise server.

I have tried:

1. Hard reset of the 8830 - battery removal 2x

2. Backup and then wiping the calendar clean on 8830 2x

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop software 2x

4. Rebooting Lotus notes 20 x

Nothing has fixed the problem!

Synchronization of the Lotus Notes Address Book works fine.

Help please...any ideas?

Thanks.
    03-25-08 11:44 PM
    I've just started experiencing the same exact problem. Lotus notes worked fine with the pearl until just last week. Now it will not sync. It goes through the motions but does not recognize new calendar entries in Notes nor the Pearl. Has any one found a solution?
    04-28-08 07:02 AM
    I have had the same problem come up this week. I sync Lotus Notes calendar, address book, task list, and journal - all works except calendar. Have had the phone for 3 or 4 months without issue. I tried most of the actions listed above but to no avail. I may have to go back to a Treo. I am told by my company's help desk that the issue is Intellisync software and they won't support it.
    05-03-08 09:56 AM
    Have you all tried resetting the configurations within the desktop manager?
    09-03-08 12:42 PM
    Was there a response to this? I'm using Lotus Notes v6.5 and just upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.6 and now have the same problem.
    I've tried over and over to get the Calendar to sync, but it seems to crash DM as it reads the lotus notes calendar. Everything else syncs fine.
    I've reset the config in DM, tried to overwrite the calendar, hard re-set on my 8810, but no luck.
    I've been working on this for hours. Any advice?
    11-02-08 10:14 PM
    I use Lotus Notes 7 (BES)and Desktop manager 4.3 with my curve.
    I've not had any problems with calender updating.
    To doublecheck, I logged into my calender and appointments I added yesterday on my curve, for holiday parties, are now on my calender in lotus.
    Perhaps downgrading Desktop manager would help fix the problem. I can attest to 4.3 working great.

Good luck!
    11-02-08 11:18 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't fully clear.
    I did have the sync working, but now I'm having the same sync problem described above and can't get it resolved.
    I don't use BES. I sync with USB cable only and now I'm not able to sync my calendar. Everything else works fine.
    I'm running Notes 6.5 and DM v4.6 on my 8310.
    It seems to crash while reading the PC's lotus notes calendar file and it actually crashes the DM program completely. It always crashes at the same place but I can't see which calendar entry is causing it. I've tried deleting calendar entries based on the log file, but no luck.

I can't wipe my Notes calendar - need it more than the sync. Any other suggestions?

thanks,
    11-03-08 03:51 PM
    I upgraded my desktop manager a few months ago and sync stopped working also. It just kept crashing. Blackberry support just recommended that I go back to the old Desktop manager.

Also, for those that didn't upgrade desktop manager and are having problems, have you changed your "office" settings in Lotus notes? Changing some of your office settings can cause sync to stop performing.
    11-03-08 03:51 PM
    Thanks dspcap, good idea, but I just updated my Blackberry software to v4.5 and my desktop manager to v4.6. Any idea if I can downgrade my DM software and keep the v4.5 on the Blackberry?
    11-03-08 09:58 PM
    I am running OS 4.5.0.51 and the older Desktop Manager. No problems.
    11-04-08 05:06 PM
    I got my calendar sync fixed. I took the group's advice and downgraded my DM software. I went from 4.6.0 to 4.5 (no good), then tried 4.0 and it didn't work either, although a new problem showed up in that Intellisync wasn't happy. Then I tried 4.2 and reset the Intellisync settings. This combo worked. I am now able to sync with notes again and my device remains at v4.5.
    Thanks for everyone's help.
    11-06-08 09:48 AM
    I've been told that DM 4.3 is the most stable with Notes, but if it works now, I wouldn't touch it :-)
    11-06-08 10:00 AM
    Bump

Anyone have any updates on this?

I have DM 4.6
    BB 9000 running OS 4.6.0.266
    Lotus Notes 6.5

I had never had any problems syncing my calendar until the last 2 weeks or so. All of a sudden, it doesn't work anymore. It might be the OS, but I doubt it, f others are having the same issue. I don't get an error message, it just doesn't even cycle through the calendar sync. Almost like I don't have it selected.....weird.
    05-20-09 03:29 PM
    I've got the same problem, with a few different symptoms:
    The status bar zips through the contact sync, but when it gets to "reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" it just sits there. If I leave it alone for 5 mins or so it will finish "normally" (ie no error message) but nothing happens vis a vis calendar entries.

I put some calendar entries into the blackberry and they transferred to the Notes Calendar, then they disappeared from the BB. I've edited them on the Notes side (to see if I could get them to copy back), but no joy

BB Desktop is 4.7.0.37
    Notes 7.02
    05-29-09 09:38 AM
    I have similar problem, but different config. Sync has been workign for the first 5 months of use, but all of sudden stopped working. When Sync is started, it goes through the contact list sync no problem, then when it gets to the point of syncing the calendar, it just exits with no error. I have tried every combination of resets on both my BB and Notes, as well as uninstall/install of DM, resetting config, etc....

BB Storm
    Notes V8
    DM 4.7

Any ideas or anyone found a fix?
    07-10-09 01:39 AM
    My calendar *DESKTOP* sync also suddenly stoped working and no error was being reported no matter how much I increased logging. What finally worked for me was to remove all the [ICAL] entries from my device's service book. I had recently installed the Facebook application which had installed a new [ICAL] entry. Thats when desktop calendar synchronization stopped working. If you have the same problem:

1. Open the settings application in your device
    2. Select "Advanced options"
    3. Select service book
    4. Scan through and check to find all [ICAL] services. This may include your Google/Yahoo/Facebook accounts
    5. Personally I don't sync my calendar to a cloud service, and so I deleted them (do so ONLY if you don't really sync data)

Once the ICAL entries were gone, my desktop was successfully able to synchronize with my desktop PIM (Notes).

If your desktop sync is failing with errors and you have all your data on the device backed up:

1. Start the desktop manager
    2. Disable automatic synchronization (this will prevent your desktop manager from crashing)
    3. Connect your device to your computer
    4. In the desktop manager chose Backup and Restore
    5. Click on Advanced
    6. Under device databases select the Calendar - All database
    7. Press the clear button (you will lose ALL calendar data on your device, no confirmation dialog will be displayed, be really careful).
    8. Synchronize your device
    9. If all goes well enable auto-sync

A good resource for increasing logging is the Blackberry Technical Solution Center article called "How to turn on advanced synchronization logging for Intellisync when BlackBerry smartphone synchronization fails"
    Last edited by boldcracker; 07-29-09 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Updated discussion
    07-29-09 06:35 AM
    My calendar *DESKTOP* sync also suddenly stoped working and no error was being reported no matter how much I increased logging. What finally worked for me was to remove all the [ICAL] entries from my device's service book. I had recently installed the Facebook application which had installed a new [ICAL] entry. Thats when desktop calendar synchronization stopped working. If you have the same problem:

1. Open the settings application in your device
    2. Select "Advanced options"
    3. Select service book
    4. Scan through and check to find all [ICAL] services. This may include your Google/Yahoo/Facebook accounts
    5. Personally I don't sync my calendar to a cloud service, and so I deleted them (do so ONLY if you don't really sync data)

Once the ICAL entries were gone, my desktop was successfully able to synchronize with my desktop PIM (Notes).

If your desktop sync is failing with errors and you have all your data on the device backed up:

1. Start the desktop manager
    2. Disable automatic synchronization (this will prevent your desktop manager from crashing)
    3. Connect your device to your computer
    4. In the desktop manager chose Backup and Restore
    5. Click on Advanced
    6. Under device databases select the Calendar - All database
    7. Press the clear button (you will lose ALL calendar data on your device, no confirmation dialog will be displayed, be really careful).
    8. Synchronize your device
    9. If all goes well enable auto-sync

A good resource for increasing logging is the Blackberry Technical Solution Center article called "How to turn on advanced synchronization logging for Intellisync when BlackBerry smartphone synchronization fails"

I was having this issue with my storm, notes 7 and dm 4.7. Deleting the facebook CICAL service book fixed it for me.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    07-29-09 10:51 AM
    Hello. I have a Storm that stopped syncing with my Notes calendar some time ago. I don't sync Notes e-mail. My Storm and DM are at the latest versions. Notes is at 8.0.2. The problem started before I was moved to Notes 8, and maybe two versions of DM and one version of the Storm's OS. I have tried various suggestions I've seen on this site and have had none work. I do get errors and an error file is produced. Can anyone out there tell me what to look for in the file to help me solve this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

rjarchuleta
    11-30-09 06:06 PM
    Don't make yourself crazy with all this ICAL stuff.

You may just have an "attendees" issue. Go to synchronization configure, and use the "Field Mapping" tool to stop synchronizing "Attendees."

This cleared up my calendar failure that had appeared out of nowhere.

See: View Document
    12-17-09 10:22 AM
    I've been all over the internet - this has been a problem since at least 2005.

Everything was working perfectly for me until I reinstalled DM due to it asking me for a LN password (which I believed was due to it thinking I needed to log into BES). Now I get NO SYNC WHATSOEVER to my calendar.

I have:

* reinstalled DM (with clean uninstall)
    * removed device calendar entries
    * removed "attendees" and "description" mappings
    * set to 1-way sync
    * set for future entries only, 14 days only, 7 days only, 1 day only
    * reset sync configurations (through DM and by deleting the folder)
    * removed CICAL entries in the device book (Facebook)
    * probably other stuff I can't remember

This is INSANE. Nothing about my Lotus Notes has changed. My BB hasn't been changed. It's all DM and everything I've tried has failed. Where do I go now?
    02-09-10 01:13 PM
    This worked for me:

Re: Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization Crashes[ Edited ] Options
    Mark as New

04-05-2009 09:09 PM - last edited on 04-05-2009 09:11 PM

I had the same problem here:

- Windows XP SP3 - English
    - Blackberry Desktop 4.7.0.7 (Nov 4 2008) -English
    - Lotus Notes 8.5 (20081211.1925) - English

Blackberry Desktop crashes with syncronizng when it is on the "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process.

Workarround 1 - > Disabling Attendees sync.
    On the main manu selected "Synchronize" Them Configure->Synchronization. Clicked "Synchronization" button. Selected calendar from Intellisync Menu and clicked "Advanced" them "Map Fields". Disabled the arrow between "Attendees <-> Meeting Attendees". Press "OK".

It passed the "Reading from Lotus Notes Calendar" process and worked for me. It didn't crash.
    04-06-10 12:40 PM
    Thanks Aweha. Disabling the Attendee sync worked for me too.
    BB8900 v. 5.0.0.822, DM v. 6.0.0.43 , Lotus Notes 8.5.1 fp3.
    10-12-10 10:18 AM
    I disable the attendees� part in the sync, but another error came out and it says:

�An error occurred while setting the connectors; options. Some of the connector options may be invalid or missing�

What can I do to solve this out? Please help

Thanks in advance
    10-17-10 11:48 PM
    Disabling the meeting attendees seems to have fixed the chronic crashing. Thank You Aweha! (How did you EVER figure this out?)
    03-02-11 03:12 PM
    I am having this problem Tour, DM 6.0 Lotus Notes 8.5 in windows 7.
    any suggestions, DM 4.6 had different error message.
    never had sync issues until W7.
    03-04-11 12:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD