Company had us upgrade Lotus NOtes client from 6.5 to 8.5.2. Blackberry Desktop 6.1 B38 no longer recognizes that NOtes is even installed Non-BES. I've twice completely removed and re-installed 6.1. Wondering if they broke NOtes or 6.1 just does not recognize 8.5.2 (I've got reports that it worked for others on 8.5.1). Any suggestions? would also consider a 3rd party product (for the right price). Thanks all!
    03-09-12 06:53 AM
    Have you looked at installing and setting up the new free BESx: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express - BESX - BlackBerry US

No cost and you do not need a BES plan on the Blackberry. The setup is straight forward. The server specs are pretty low, so you could run it on an older desktop or purchase a "previously enjoyed" server from Ebay for around 300 bucks. I am running 8.5.3 Domino and Notes clients with a BES and BESx. The BESx setup in 30 to 40 min and works great. They only expense is the Domino Server lic for the BESx as you need a domino running on the same server. If you have < 100 users I think you could load the BESx on your primary Domino but I would check the set-up guide to be sure.
    03-09-12 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD