I just wiped my device and everything went smoothly but all my contacts from BB messenger are gone now. Is there anyway to get them back? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:48 AM
    Did you do a backup before you wiped the device?
    01-24-09 10:51 AM
    and another wiping horror story. Again wiping is NOT needed when upgrading/downgrading OS.

01-24-09 10:59 AM
    and another wiping horror story. Again wiping is NOT needed when upgrading/downgrading OS.

AMEN!!!!!!!!
    01-24-09 11:02 AM
    Yes I did backup my device. The only reason I wiped it because I tried to downgrade from .219 to .216 and DM wouldn't recognize the os and I asked about this problem here and they said to wipe it.

01-24-09 11:10 AM
    Yes I did backup my device. The only reason I wiped it because I tried to downgrade from .219 to .216 and DM wouldn't recognize the os and I asked about this problem here and they said to wipe it.

"They" gave you bad advice. I hope it wasn't as simple as deleting the vendor.xml file.

01-24-09 11:16 AM
    "They" gave you bad advice. I hope it wasn't as simple as deleting the vendor.xml file.

No it wasn't.

01-24-09 11:23 AM

What do you mean "they" I'm not making up the fact that people on here told me to wipe my phone.

01-24-09 11:38 AM
    Your back up should have restored them. Sorry I have no technical answer for you.
    If it were me I'd just add it to my profile, send out PM's, send out text messages all containing my pin.

And I too see mixed postings saying you should/shouldn't wipe the device before getting a different OS. I never have wiped mine and everything works out fine.
    01-24-09 11:49 AM
    Alright thanks guys I found the problem. Right after I wiped my device my BB messenger, Docs to go, games and all the apps that came with the phone were gone so I installed them back using the apploader AFTER I restored my info. So all I did was another restore now and they're all back.
    01-24-09 11:59 AM
    Alright thanks guys I found the problem. Right after I wiped my device my BB messenger, Docs to go, games and all the apps that came with the phone were gone so I installed them back using the apploader AFTER I restored my info. So all I did was another restore now and they're all back.
    I'm not trying to be a smart a** but if you ever do a wipe of your device, you shouldn't expect your BBM contacts to still be on your contact list. That's what the wipe does. A COMPLETE wipe.
    01-24-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD