Hi guys,
    I purchased a blackberry storm about 2 months ago. I have not had much time to load apps, etc, but I did have scoreboard, pandora and slacker radio or something added. That is all I had downloaded. I had only even messed with the scoreboard, so I guess I hadn't initialized the others. Anyway, the other day a friend told me to download the new blackberry IM and when I tried to do so, I was told I didn't have enough memory. Since then, the original blackberry IM has disappeared off my screen and I have no idea how to even make enough memory (that should already be there!) to reinstall. Help please?
    10-12-09 06:46 AM
    Which OS are you running? You might want to upgrade...

To get the old BBM back, just plug in your device to the computer and open up DM, click on apploader and check the box next to Blackberry Messenger, then jus click next...
    10-12-09 06:55 AM
    How do I know which OS I'm running?

I have yet to hook up this thing to a computer. I can't download from the device itself?
    10-12-09 08:00 AM
    Options->About
    OS is the 3rd line.

How much free memory do you have( options->memory, free space under application memory)? Also have you tried pulling the battery?
    10-12-09 08:07 AM
    Go to Options>About and it should say V4.7.... the OS version is the last 3 digits or 2 digits...

You have to use the computer to upgrade the OS
    10-12-09 08:07 AM
    What's your file free memory at?
    10-12-09 08:58 AM
    That's odd because you should have more than enough memory free even with those apps installed.
    10-12-09 08:59 AM
    the version is 181. it says i have 19.1 mb of free memory under application memory, and for devide memory i have about 25mb?
    Thanks for letting me know about upgrading the OS on the computer... I can do that later tonight. Do i still need to do that too?
    And i did pull out the battery....
    10-12-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD