So I wanted to be cute and download the new blackberry messenger 5.0. No icon appeared and now I have no BBM whatsoever. I use a mac, so the desktop manager is non existent and pocketberry isnt syncing (i thought syncing would some how return my messenger.) So this is what I want to know..

Is there anyone on here with a VERIZON Bberry with a working bbm 5.0?

If i cant get 5.0, I'd like just to have my regular bbm back, I feel naked, and I'd like to figure out how to do that with a MAC. THANKS in advance.. BTW i am running a 4.5 OS.
    08-14-09 03:17 PM
    Im not sure when but I do know there is a desktop manager coming for macs soon. In the mean time you're gonna have to do an os reload to get the old one back probably.
    08-14-09 03:28 PM
    you probably dont have an icon because your phone is running an OS older than 4.5.0.138, you best option is to use a friends PC and update your OS, or use it to re-install your old bbm
    08-14-09 03:30 PM
    Or, here is the fix for your old BBM, but I hope you wrote your contacts down. The fix is OTA.

If you really want to add 5.0, you'll need to upgrade your OS first.

http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/bbm.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-14-09 at 03:36 PM.
    08-14-09 03:33 PM
    Thanks BergerKing!! I got my bbm back!! Thanks everyone.. Is there an ota os upgrade.
    08-14-09 03:48 PM
    Is there an ota os upgrade.
    No there isn't. Can you borrow a friend or relative's PC?
    08-14-09 04:31 PM
    So with the link I was able to get my bm icon back. I sent a request, and I'm not seeing any of the the request. My friend added me, and I'm not seeing anything. Its blank. The only thing there is conversations. So its not working..
    08-15-09 08:50 AM
    Bbm fx just stop working.the old bbm messenger isnt ota?
    08-15-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD