Since I updated to .411 I've been loosing EDGE to edge and having problems sending emails. Anyone else having these issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 11:01 PM
    That's weird. I know at first it seemed like I was having problems with the internet. Every site took a long time to load, even google.

It ended up going away the same day. But I haven't tried it since.
    01-08-10 11:33 PM
    More than likely coincidence, and a local area problem. I've had 411 on my Jav for over a month now, without any signal issues. I'd call at&t and report it.
    01-09-10 08:46 AM
    Since I updated to .411 I've been loosing EDGE to edge and having problems sending emails. Anyone else having these issues

Had the same Problem every time i turn my BB off i had only edge. If i turn WiFi on and connect via WiFi my edge turned to EDGE.
    01-09-10 12:32 PM
    Yeah, same here, when my phone automatically turns itself on in the morning it only gets up to edge, and I have to manually turn my network off, then on, for it to get up to EDGE.
    01-09-10 02:13 PM
    My Problem is solved.
    Start Browser...BB Button...Options and under Cache i clear all. Do a Battery Pull and my edge turned to EDGE after i turn my BB on.

Hope this helps.
    01-09-10 03:19 PM
    probably a geographic problem
    01-09-10 05:33 PM
    My Problem is solved.
    Start Browser...BB Button...Options and under Cache i clear all. Do a Battery Pull and my edge turned to EDGE after i turn my BB on.

Hope this helps.
    I guess your problem should not be solved, you can try to turn Radio off, then turn on again, it is "edge" again! I think this OS5.0.0.411 bug, the device can not automatically turn into "EDGE" each time BB wake up from sleeping mode, you have to go "Options" ->"Advanced Options" ->"Host Routing Table" -> click BB key -> "Register Now", then BB will turn "edge" into "EDGE".

BTW, if you reboot your BB, BB can get "EDGE" status, but just one time.
    01-09-10 07:26 PM
    The service book might help. I'd send them from the at&t BIS site, and from the host routing table. Then after you receive all the emails, wait a minute and do a battery pull. There's only a few of you with the issue though. It never came up on the leak thread once.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-09-10 07:33 PM
    once you do an OS install, its good to go onto the BIS site or into the Email Setup icon and resend the service books properly.

i find doing it through the HRT isnt a "real" service book fix and only half-a$$es it.
    01-09-10 08:20 PM
    Resending Service Book does not work. I am BES user and had re-activated BB after upgrading to OS5, now I asked Admin resending the SB, it is still same. It is this OS version's bug.
    01-09-10 09:24 PM
    I'm starting to think its an AT&T issue. I called and they said they had no problems every thing was good. I have some friends with 8900's and they upgraded wit T-Mo so maybe AT7T has a service book issue with the 8900's only. It's a one and a million guess. i'm thinking about switching back but i love to much of 5.0's upgrades. Although it seems like only when i'm on my apps that this is happening but i use my apps alot
    01-09-10 10:18 PM
    It's not an at&t issue, or a 8900 issue. I don't know why you few have this problem, but as I posted already, I have zero issues with data on my 8900, with 5.0.0.411 installed, and have had it on here for over a month. Maybe a looksy into your event logs will give you a clue WTF is happening.
    01-09-10 10:24 PM
    Wulf i agree with you i'm just pissed i've tried alot to cure this problem. I will try to check the event logs though
    01-09-10 10:35 PM
    Don't blame you in the least for the frustration. I've had problems with data on my Pearl before, but never dropped off of EDGE when it happened. I see Germany and Ohio, don't know your location drchan.
    01-09-10 10:40 PM
    It's not an at&t issue, or a 8900 issue. I don't know why you few have this problem, but as I posted already, I have zero issues with data on my 8900, with 5.0.0.411 installed, and have had it on here for over a month. Maybe a looksy into your event logs will give you a clue WTF is happening.
    Maybe you are using leaked .411? (as you mentioned you have run for month). There is another post that metioned leaked .411 has no "edge" issue.
    01-09-10 10:40 PM
    I just checked, and the file name and date are the same for the radio, but the size is different. The official is for some reason much larger. Anyone who want's it, PM me with your email addy, and I'll shoot you over the leak cod for the radio.
    01-09-10 10:44 PM
    i live in PA. This is the same problem i had when i had my unlocked 9530 it seemed like everytime i was on wap based apps it would drop to edge and soon as they closed it would go back.
    01-09-10 10:45 PM
    I just checked, and the file name and date are the same for the radio, but the size is different. The official is for some reason much larger. Anyone who want's it, PM me with your email addy, and I'll shoot you over the leak cod for the radio.
    I just made new test, and found that my BB can still send/receive email and internet surfing even it is "edge status", looks like it is only "symbol changing issue", but does not effect on BB service, the "EDGE" can only be back after I send "Register Now" in HRT or reboot the device.

Could you change your the Font Size of BB Browser via "Default Font Size" and "Minimum Font Size" of BB Browser, this is what I am most unsatisfied problem for .411, another is shortcut "D" is not working for BB Browser now.
    Last edited by gerfan; 01-09-10 at 11:01 PM.
    01-09-10 10:54 PM
    The font size is a PITA. Change the setting a little, close the browser and reopen it. Otherwise it's changes are not normal, as you've seen. Some of the shortcuts are lost, but just a few.
    01-09-10 11:06 PM
    The font size is a PITA. Change the setting a little, close the browser and reopen it. Otherwise it's changes are not normal, as you've seen. Some of the shortcuts are lost, but just a few.
    You are genius! It works. I didn't "image" I shoud close Browser after I change the Font Size as it does need in previous versions.

Thank U! You "remove" my biggest complain about .411
    01-09-10 11:25 PM
    It was a frustration of mine too, till I discovered by accident how to get it working right.
    01-09-10 11:27 PM
    I guess your problem should not be solved, you can try to turn Radio off, then turn on again, it is "edge" again! I think this OS5.0.0.411 bug, the device can not automatically turn into "EDGE" each time BB wake up from sleeping mode, you have to go "Options" ->"Advanced Options" ->"Host Routing Table" -> click BB key -> "Register Now", then BB will turn "edge" into "EDGE".

BTW, if you reboot your BB, BB can get "EDGE" status, but just one time.
    You are right.
    But connect to a WiFi Hotspot turn edge to EDGE too. I life with this temporary fix for me. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Does that mean, if i change the Font Size to another size it will be ever fixed, or a temp fix too?
    01-10-10 01:07 PM
    Does that mean, if i change the Font Size to another size it will be ever fixed, or a temp fix too?
    Change the font size, save the changes, close and reopen the browser. They will stay that way, till you change them again.
    01-10-10 01:57 PM
    OK..Thank you BigBadWolf.
    01-10-10 04:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD