I have to ask a few questions because I am not sure if I am missing something or if it is just the way it is. Yesterday I nuked my 8900 and loaded a fresh copy of the east asia OS 5.0. It went fine it's on the device and working fine. I reloaded all my info such as messages, contacts, various apps with no problem. My question is regarding the facebook app. After reloading the facebook app I had to refresh each bb contact that is on my fb so it would add their birthday's to my bb calendar. Similarly I had a problem with the google calendar and synching to my bb and showing it as a google entry rather than my other email entry. Is there a way to do this easier when restoring data or is that just the process that after you reload everything you have to resynch it all again.
    01-15-10 08:35 AM
    If you have just those two calendars... why not completely clear your calendar... set your Options > Advance Options > Default Services and be sure your CICAL is set to the correct email address.... then use GoogleSync to bring your calendar events... and Facebook > Options are set to bring in their calendar events... I hate Facebook Calendar coming over when they want to... it sometimes just comes over and I have it unchecked, so it shouldn't come over.
    01-15-10 08:53 AM
    I forgot about setting my gmail as my default which screwed me up so i had to redo it. Took a few tries of manually deleting entries, changing default to gmail and then using googly synch but not all my google calendar entries are on my bb showing as being entered by google with that color.

My problem and maybe I'm not understanding what you said or I explained it wrong is with my bb contacts. Specifically whoever I have on my contact list and are also on my facebook. When I view someone on facebook it does show it is linked to my blackberry contact. The problem is i have to refresh that contact so that their birthday info shows on my bb calendar first off and second so it shows as being entered by facebook. I had to go down the list for each person and refresh them so they show in the calendar. Is there a faster way to do this or a specific step by step process because i installed facebook fresh chose the options to synch everything during setup but i still had to refresh each one manually.
    01-15-10 09:08 AM
    I knew what you meant... but that still does not mean I like Facebook doing too many things with my Calendar or my Contacts... your issue is a Facebook issue, and more specifically a mobile Facebook issue... not really a device issue... you might want to talk about that in the 3rd Party Apps Forum
    01-15-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD